HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   IIHF World Championship (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Who are you favorite players to watch so far? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1312985)

DuckJet 12-28-2012 09:31 PM

Who are you favorite players to watch so far?

Simple enough question. We all watch our countries out of national pride and other countries out of...well lack of professional hockey and to get glimpses of other prospects.

My list of guys that have really impressed me are

Rasmus Ristolainen
Leon Draisatl
Jonathan Drouin
Ryan Nugent Hopkins
Tobias Reider
Andrey Makarov
Valeri Nicushkin
Mikhail Grigorenko
Alex Galchenyuk
John Gibson
Jacob Trouba
Alex Wennberg
Oliver Wikstrand

Other players have impressed me as well but so far these guys have impressed me.

EDIT: oh and if at all possible try not to just come in here and say your team's representative has looked good. While I'm on that note Rakell needs to be a little less selfish with the puck and Karlsson needs to play more like he has been in Sweden. This is not the best he can be at all.

Hurt 12-28-2012 09:33 PM

Alex Galchenyuk has been a beauty to watch so far this tournament. Excited to see how he does against Canada.

Matzel 12-29-2012 09:09 AM

Centre Leon Draisaitl (GER) makes my list of impressive players. He has displayed excellent passing skills - especially in their match against the Canadians.

Raym11 12-29-2012 09:11 AM

galchenyuk
Kucharov (sp)
Grigogenko
Reway
Mraz's
Jones
Mackinnon
Drouin
RNH
Slepyshev
Rielly

Can't comment on others, those are the guys ive been watching (USA,CAN,RUS vs teams theyve been playing)

Most annoying/underwhelming that i really wanted to watch:

Yakupov

thomast 12-29-2012 09:38 AM

No Tomas Hertl? This guy has it everything very good pick for sharks. Wennberg has impressed me aswell. Rasmus Ristolainen is so far the best finn.

OttawaRoughRiderFan 12-29-2012 09:40 AM

Only having watched the Canadian games...

Mackinnon
Drouin
RNH - third only because my expectations were so high to begin with.

Corsi Close 12-29-2012 09:44 AM

All the Russian forwards. Just tons of speed and no fear in what they will try.

Wanted to see MacKinnon, until I realized from reading this board he won't be playing much.

Raym11 12-29-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thomast (Post 56893039)
No Tomas Hertl? This guy has it everything very good pick for sharks. Wennberg has impressed me aswell. Rasmus Ristolainen is so far the best finn.

add hertl to my list. Watched him play other day and he dominated

Twilight Sparkle 12-29-2012 10:04 AM

Wikstrand for me.

premadonna 12-29-2012 10:11 AM

Jonathan Drouin. Very smooth with the puck.

thomast 12-29-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raym11 (Post 56893327)
add hertl to my list. Watched him play other day and he dominated

At times he did whatever he wanted. I see alot of Jagr in him.

Pitlick* 12-29-2012 10:14 AM

Ill just name 2 players to keep it simple; plus I've only watched Canadas games.

Xavier Ouelett.

I've never heard of him before the tourney. He has made some brilliantly creative plays. He's outshined the more hyped rielly and hamilton (not knocking them, they are good players). Looked up his nhl team: detroit of course.

Drouin has also been great, amazing for a 17 y o.

Bomber0104 12-29-2012 10:15 AM

I've been watching USA and Canada most.

RNH, Huberdeau, Drouin, Rielly, Harrington, Trouba, Galchenyuk, Jones

Mike Farkas 12-29-2012 10:32 AM

Not really watching for the stars that I already know about, looking for lesser known players and two that have stood out to me quite a bit are #13 on Sweden (Arvidsson) and #18 on Russia (Kosov). Others as well, but I've been following them for a bit and have been impressed - additionally, they both had goals today which is good for them, they've earned them.

ZDatsZuke 12-29-2012 10:38 AM

Xavier Ouellet
Martin Frk
Elias Lindholm
Seth Jones

PanniniClaus 12-29-2012 10:39 AM

I have liked Mike Reilly on D for the US along with Galchenyuk.

Have to like Yarullin's gun from the Russian back end.

Drouin from Canada and Ouellet on the back end.

Kahun needs to add some direct moves that result in a shot but he can spin and weave with the puck - seems like he will be able to create offense. Draisaitl is super talented and very maddening all in one. He will get better.

Dangles78 12-29-2012 10:41 AM

Top 3 for me:

Draisatl, Nicushkin and Drouin

Yakupov has been good, but oh my, watching him try to go through an army of people every time he has the puck is boring and frustrating.

Corsi Close 12-29-2012 10:41 AM

Thought I would get to see Filip Forsberg this morning, but alas no working stream.

:(

Gorgeous George 12-29-2012 10:44 AM

Vincent Trocheck

shaner89 12-29-2012 10:49 AM

Vasiliveski
Kosov
Barber
Jones
Drouin
Reilly
Lindholm
Draistal
Ristolailian
Aaltonen before injury

francis246 12-29-2012 10:51 AM

Drouin, Rielly, Galchenyuk.

If the Maple Leafs end up with Drouin somehow, I'd be the happiest guy on earth. I think he's going to end up having a better career than MacKinnon. I maybe speaking out of turn though. But he's just so talented. Drouin should really be in the mix for first overall.

Galchenyuk is magical, I still believe Burke would have picked him had he been available. However Morgan Rielly is still a favourable pick for me.

DamonDRW 12-29-2012 10:54 AM

If I have to choose tournament MVP right now I would give it to Gibson/Makarov/Vasilevski. Something tells me Gibson is going to shine tomorrow.

JFG 12-29-2012 11:08 AM

nichushkin, lindholm, galchenyuk.

HockeySensible 12-29-2012 11:10 AM

Grigorenko and Kucherov are the most exciting duo in the tournament. They just find each other, alot of give-n-go plays. Very entertaining hockey.

Rocco Grimaldi really impressed my in the pre-tournament. A little guy with speed to burn. Galchenyuk's been really good in the two games against Germany and Russia.

Leon Draistiel was good against Canada.. his passing ability in that game was on full display.

Haven't seen any Group B teams play.

alcanalz 12-29-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by francis246 (Post 56894463)
Drouin, Rielly, Galchenyuk.

If the Maple Leafs end up with Drouin somehow, I'd be the happiest guy on earth. I think he's going to end up having a better career than MacKinnon. I maybe speaking out of turn though. But he's just so talented. Drouin should really be in the mix for first overall.

Galchenyuk is magical, I still believe Burke would have picked him had he been available. However Morgan Rielly is still a favourable pick for me.

Probably not.