HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Flyers - Canucks trade (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1313071)

Hi-wayman 12-29-2012 02:16 AM

Flyers - Canucks trade

To the Flyers: Cory Schnieder, Keith Ballard

To the Canucks: Braydon Coburn, Scott Laughton

maroon 6 12-29-2012 02:18 AM

Why would the Nucks do this?

Nuckles 12-29-2012 02:19 AM

The Canucks needs are a 3rd line center and a top 6 forward. Our surplus is starting goalies.
So we trade a starting goalie for a top 4 d-man and a prospect?

Reverend Mayhem 12-29-2012 02:25 AM

no...

ProstheticConscience 12-29-2012 02:44 AM

No.

Geez...

Hi-wayman 12-29-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuckles37 (Post 56889173)
The Canucks needs are a 3rd line center and a top 6 forward. Our surplus is starting goalies.
So we trade a starting goalie for a top 4 d-man and a prospect?

The Canucks would like a 1st or 2nd line RW and a bottom six centre, but do not NEED any forward. The Canucks do need an RD which Coburn can play plus the team needs to reduce salary by 2013-14 season.

Current Canuck centres are Henrik, Kesler, Higgins if needed, Schroeder, Malhotra, Lapierre and Ebbett.

Current Canuck players and NHL ready prospects able to play top six are Daniel, Henrik, Burrows, Booth, Kesler, Higgins, Raymond, Hansen, Kassian and Schroeder plus a slight possibilty of Rodin and Jensen. That is 12 players for six roster spots.

I believe Luongo will emerge the stronger goalie over the long run so would rather see a Luongo/Lack combo in goal.

Laughton is a decent 2nd or 3rd line centre prospect and though the Canucks are in a win now mode, our prospect depth also needs addressing.

PALE PWNR 12-29-2012 03:03 AM

Flyers keep bryz get rid of our best dman in the process for a goalie controversy?

Bourne Endeavor 12-29-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-wayman (Post 56889333)
The Canucks would like a 1st or 2nd line RW and a bottom six centre, but do not NEED any forward. The Canucks do need an RD which Coburn can play plus the team needs to reduce salary by 2013-14 season.

Current Canuck centres are Henrik, Kesler, Higgins if needed, Schroeder, Malhotra, Lapierre and Ebbett.

Current Canuck players and NHL ready prospects able to play top six are Daniel, Henrik, Burrows, Booth, Kesler, Higgins, Raymond, Hansen, Kassian and Schroeder plus a slight possibilty of Rodin and Jensen. That is 12 players for six roster spots.

I believe Luongo will emerge the stronger goalie over the long run so would rather see a Luongo/Lack combo in goal.

Laughton is a decent 2nd or 3rd line centre prospect and though the Canucks are in a win now mode, our prospect depth also needs addressing.

Except we do not need a RD anymore than the aforementioned top six forward or third line center. And certainly not at the cost of losing Schneider. Despite our quasi-reckless abandon approach to defense, it has not been our Achilles heel. Coburn would either play on the bottom pairing or shift down one of Bieska or Garrison, neither of whom have any business playing there.

Higgins is a terrible center. I have been watching him since his career began and not once does he perform well in that position long term. Malhotra is a complete unknown due to injuries and remainder you have mentioned are either inadequate or unproven to center our third line. In short, you are addressing none of our actual needs and moving the only high ceiling asset by which to do so. Coburn would be wasted on our roster.

Bourne Endeavor 12-29-2012 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PALE PWNR (Post 56889447)
Flyers keep bryz get rid of our best dman in the process for a goalie controversy?

I suspect the assumption is you buyout Bryz, presuming that one time allowance is added in the CBA. If not... this trade is even worse.

mstad101 12-29-2012 03:10 AM

Would Philly entertain Simmonds? That's really the only piece I'd trade Schneider for.
Basing this deal of the Flyers knowing they will be buying out Bryz with their non cap hit buy out

Vankiller Whale 12-29-2012 03:26 AM

Couturier or Voracek+.

Otherwise no dice.

604 12-29-2012 04:04 AM

Assuming the Flyers buy-out Bryz on their exemption...

To Phi: Edler + Luogo + Raymond

To Van: Coburn + Voracek + pick(1st?)

thadd 12-29-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJOpus (Post 56889721)

That's a really nifty proposal. Elder is probably going to be lost to free agency anyway.

What's funny about these proposals is that if the whole season is written off Edler is pretty much a free agent so nobody will own his rights... the the Canucks will be in the market for another top 4 d-man.

1865 12-29-2012 06:15 AM

Goalies hold no value for some reason, no dice.

Stizzle 12-29-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJOpus (Post 56889721)

No thanks.

CanuckistanFlyerfan 12-29-2012 07:59 AM

Aren't Bryz and Luongo equally underwhelming?

JuniorNelson 12-29-2012 09:17 AM

The Canucks do not have marketable spares. Luongo has been quietly on the market since the deadline, apparently. Edler is just cleared to play again after surgery and a long recovery.

The Canucks would seem to be planning on putting Higgins into the 2C spot. They will retain Edler, hoping he can recover his game, but this is not certain, so they can't trade away any Dmen.

The optics of beginning a rebuild while this core has the faintest chance would be terrible! This is the thing, they aren't really making a visible run. They retained Vignault, who should be wearing a great deal of playoff fail. They kept stubborn GM Gillis, still reinventing the game all on his own with nobody taking his calls. They haven't moved broken pieces aside.

Why not wait to see who Vancouver buys out under the amnesty. Luongo or Ballard might be free agents soon.

Snotbubbles 12-29-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 56889577)
Couturier or Voracek+.

Otherwise no dice.

Ha Ha. It took 11 posts for the Couturier offer. HF is getting slow these days.

Drop the Sopel 12-29-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1865 (Post 56890459)
Goalies hold no value for some reason, no dice.

Exactly. The Flyers could just sign an average goaltender to a reasonable deal like they did with Bryzgalov.

I wouldn't move Schneider in a one for one deal for any of Voracek, Simmonds, B. Schenn, Coburn or Hartnell.

Luongo for any one of those players however is something worth looking at.

StringerBell 12-29-2012 12:03 PM

Bad for both sides.

BrindamoursNose 12-29-2012 12:08 PM

Flyers don't want any part of it either

Cyborg LeClair 12-29-2012 12:32 PM

If I were a Flyers GM, the only deals I'm looking to make are for a 1st line winger or #1 Dman. Bryz is our goalie for the foreseeable future and I'm happy with that

BrindamoursNose 12-29-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg LeClair (Post 56896621)
If I were a Flyers GM, the only deals I'm looking to make are for a 1st line winger or #1 Dman. Bryz is our goalie for the foreseeable future and I'm happy with that

I don't even care about getting a winger. For me it's #1 D and that's it. Every proposal I see acquiring a D-Man in Philly has them giving up Coburn. Almost defeats the purpose.

Kershaw 12-29-2012 12:58 PM

I don't see why the Flyers trade their #1 d-man and top prospect for a backup goalie and a garbage d-man.

Lord J T Shark 12-29-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-wayman (Post 56889157)
To the Flyers: Cory Schnieder, Keith Ballard

To the Canucks: Braydon Coburn, Scott Laughton

canucks pass on this deal. Even with the dumping of Ballards contract (he will be bought out the first chance the nucks get)