HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   A Little Erik Karlsson Update (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1313421)

GreatStateofHockey 12-29-2012 11:18 PM

A Little Erik Karlsson Update
 
http://translate.google.com/translat...iga.fi&act=url

That is all.

Edit: Something was lost in translation (No pun intended) , but Karlsson is first in points for defenders with 34, Jason Demers is second with 21.

internetdotcom 12-29-2012 11:36 PM

Thanks for the update! Good to see EK picking right up where he left off. :)

Marvelous Manked 12-29-2012 11:36 PM

"Whopping".

Nice. Good to see his dominance around the globe. Will be interesting to watch him in 2014 Olympics.

MAK19 12-30-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 56911941)
"Whopping".

Nice. Good to see his dominance around the globe. Will be interesting to watch him in 2014 Olympics.

I'm already practicing my "Go Sweden!" chant

Marvelous Manked 12-30-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 56912859)
I'm already practicing my "Go Sweden!" chant

When Condra makes Team USA, will you change your opinion?

MAK19 12-30-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 56912983)
When Condra makes Team USA, will you change your opinion?

Condra's American smartypants


edit-hey it said team canada



Karlsson
Alfredsson
Landeskog
Enstrom
Lehner


what's not to like?

Marvelous Manked 12-30-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 56913007)
Condra's American smartypants


edit-hey it said team canada



Karlsson
Alfredsson
Landeskog
Enstrom
Lehner


what's not to like?

No it didn't, if it did it would say "edited".
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
;)

MAK19 12-30-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 56913081)
No it didn't, if it did it would say "edited".
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
;)

:scared:










On a somewhat random note, there is no player in the NHL/world I would trade Karlsson for.

Crosby has health issues.
Malkin is closing in on UFA.
Stamkos isn't that much better offensively to justify the move.

Nobody else comes close.

Marvelous Manked 12-30-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 56913151)
:scared:










On a somewhat random note, there is no player in the NHL/world I would trade Karlsson for.

Crosby has health issues.
Malkin is closing in on UFA.
Stamkos isn't that much better offensively to justify the move.

Nobody else comes close.

I don't disagree with you here.

Also to justify keeping Karlsson over Stamkos, it creates a huge hole on D and creates an even bigger log jam at C. Not a reason to turn away Stamkos, unless you're giving up a Norris winning defenceman.

ReginKarlssonLehner 12-30-2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 56913007)
Condra's American smartypants


edit-hey it said team canada



Karlsson
Alfredsson
Landeskog
Enstrom
Lehner


what's not to like?

You forgot Edler, the guy who will be alongside Karlsson in Ottawa next year; come on man.

Patvolcom65 12-30-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner (Post 56914611)
You forgot Edler, the guy who will be alongside Karlsson in Ottawa next year; come on man.

Silfverberg :naughty:

failedsaucerpass 12-30-2012 12:21 PM







He was pretty much loved in Jokerit by all the fans.

Anca18 12-30-2012 01:02 PM

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/media/portrai...lsson-erik.jpg

What a beauty...

LSnow 12-30-2012 01:12 PM

So jealous for Sweden, Lidström retires and Karlsson emerges and we can't even produce the next Aki Berg..

Most fun and entertaining player in the world ! Världens bästa Karlsson !!

Leave Spezza Alone 12-30-2012 01:36 PM

I miss Karlsson :(

Laista 12-30-2012 02:16 PM

Do all of you guys think i am an idiot if i say
Brian Leech = Erik Karlsson?
Can he be that big?

MAK19 12-30-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner (Post 56914611)
You forgot Edler, the guy who will be alongside Karlsson in Ottawa next year; come on man.

meh. Edler is overrated. Hamhuis does all the heavy lifting in Vancouver.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laista (Post 56931159)
Do all of you guys think i am an idiot if i say
Brian Leech = Erik Karlsson?
Can he be that big?

?

Karlsson > Leetch

Niv 12-30-2012 04:00 PM

One of the articles on that translated website:

"Finnish economy is a lousy thing is that exports have started to decline again. Finnish Ice Hockey the best product for export, hockey coaching, instead of interest. Suction to the east is tougher than there ever were in Imatra rapids."

QuietOnTheFront 12-30-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner (Post 56914611)
You forgot Edler, the guy who will be alongside Karlsson in Ottawa next year; come on man.

This could be true. The papers here keep writing up how he is going to be out of town because of all the $$ already allocated towards the D.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 56931375)
meh. Edler is overrated. Hamhuis does all the heavy lifting in Vancouver.



?

Karlsson > Leetch

WRONG.

Hamuis has been Vancouver's most consistent dman yes. But Edler does more. Plays the first PP unit and the first SH unit. Hits more, scores more, and sets up more. He could have done better this year but was playing with a considerable injury. The reason Canucks are willing to part ways with him is because he is the only piece of their hefty $$ d-corps that could bring considerable value in return. That is why his name has been linked with numerous trades over the summer. That and the fact that media here is having doubts on whether or not he'll reach his "elite" potential now with his bummed back.




So while I wouldn't mind Edler on our team, I don't think its a good idea given the fact that we'd have to give up a considerable amount for someone who could decline so easily. Reports are saying his back may never fully heal. So is it worth the risk on picking up a guy we are going to most definitely over pay for?

Milan the God* 12-30-2012 06:35 PM

Did Karlsson have some amazing games to end the season? Cause last time I checked he was about three points under a PPG.

failedsaucerpass 12-30-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milan the Great (Post 56939665)
Did Karlsson have some amazing games to end the season? Cause last time I checked he was about three points under a PPG.

His last game was 1+4 when Jokerit won rival Helsinki team HIFK 8-1

The game before that he was 1+1

jaloporo 12-30-2012 07:05 PM

Erik will most likely be named as a player of the December. 8 games and 15 points. Actually first two games were pointless so 15 points in last 6 games. Also missed one game for suspension. Only competitors for the player of the month might be team mates Flppula or Pulkkinen.

Erik's stats game by game (in Finnish)

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/pelaajat/12-1...ottelulta.html

MainDotC 12-30-2012 07:25 PM

Is he still throwing trantrums and sticks at officials

SpezDispenser 12-30-2012 07:46 PM

I really miss watching Karlsson.

MAK19 12-30-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuietOnTheFront (Post 56936751)
WRONG.

Hamuis has been Vancouver's most consistent dman yes. But Edler does more. Plays the first PP unit and the first SH unit. Hits more, scores more, and sets up more. He could have done better this year but was playing with a considerable injury. The reason Canucks are willing to part ways with him is because he is the only piece of their hefty $$ d-corps that could bring considerable value in return. That is why his name has been linked with numerous trades over the summer. That and the fact that media here is having doubts on whether or not he'll reach his "elite" potential now with his bummed back.

You're absolutely wrong.

First, he wouldn't bring in more value in a trade than any other Canuck d-man because he is unrestricted this summer.



Second, Hamhuis does all the heavy lifting.

Hamhuis plays more minutes 5-on-5. Hamhuis plays against the top lines. Hamhuis plays more on the PK. I don't know where you are getting your info but it's wrong.

Edler gets the highest % of offensive zone starts out of all Canucks d-men.

Hamhuis was on the ice for a HUGE amount more goals for than Edler
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+25+26+27+28#
Canucks score so much more when Hamhuis is on the ice.

The Canucks gave up much less goals against when Hamhuis was on the ice vs Edler, despite Hamhuis playing more total minutes and against better competition.
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...4+25+26+27+28#


Finally, Hamhuis puts up more points/per minute of ice time than Edler at even strength.
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...24+25+26+27+28
Hamhuis is also not far behind on the PP, though Edler gets many more minutes there.



Hamhuis is clearly the #1 D in Vancouver.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.