HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Gardiner for Strome (or your young C prospect) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1313849)

leugangen 12-31-2012 12:39 AM

Gardiner for Strome (or your young C prospect)
 
This one may have been done before, but here goes.

I am a Leaf fan, and while giving up Gardiner would be tough, I have always really wanted Strome in blue and white.

The Isles are loaded up front for a very long time, and while they have a couple young D-men coming up, I think they could use a player of Gardiner's ilk.

Thoughts? If not Strome, do any other teams have a young centre they'd offer for Gardiner?

Leafs87 12-31-2012 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leugangen (Post 56948733)
This one may have been done before, but here goes.

I am a Leaf fan, and while giving up Gardiner would be tough, I have always really wanted Strome in blue and white.

The Isles are loaded up front for a very long time, and while they have a couple young D-men coming up, I think they could use a player of Gardiner's ilk.

Thoughts? If not Strome, do any other teams have a young centre they'd offer for Gardiner?

No way I'd trade gardiner for strome.

I like the idea since we're desperate for a center but I don't think strome is worth gardiner. I'd something around scheifele though.

Benjamin 12-31-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafs87 (Post 56948811)
No way I'd trade gardiner for strome.

I like the idea since we're desperate for a center but I don't think strome is worth gardiner. I'd something around scheifele though.

Strome is so much better than Scheifele.

Hockey Sports Fan 12-31-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafs87 (Post 56948811)
No way I'd trade gardiner for strome.

I like the idea since we're desperate for a center but I don't think strome is worth gardiner. I'd something around scheifele though.

If you don't want Strome, you don't want Scheifele.

NYI365 12-31-2012 12:53 AM

Nope. IMO Strome is possibly our best forward prospect. Given the chance to possibly be our much needed 2nd line center or play wing on JTs line gives so much promise. No interest here, especially when we just had a draft of ONLY drafting defensemen. I'd rather keep Strome and let our D prospects pan out as is.

boredmale 12-31-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny FTW (Post 56948847)
Strome is so much better than Scheifele.

As an Islanders fan I would say Scheifele probably has less bust potential but Strome has way higher upside. I guess it depends which is more valuable to somebody(I am biased and would go with Strome)

Connor McJesus 12-31-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafs87 (Post 56948811)
No way I'd trade gardiner for strome.

I like the idea since we're desperate for a center but I don't think strome is worth gardiner. I'd something around scheifele though.

lmao

thread should be good

Leafs87 12-31-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eggers (Post 56948855)
If you don't want Strome, you don't want Scheifele.

I don't see strome finding success as an nhl centre. I see scheifele as an nhl centre.

Leafs87 12-31-2012 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov (Post 56948879)
lmao

thread should be good

What's so funny? Sure strome is flashy and all but I don't see it translating to NHL success... At centre any ways.

Phion Keneuf 12-31-2012 01:03 AM

Don't want to trade Gards at all.

I love strome but no thanks

leugangen 12-31-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafs87 (Post 56948811)
No way I'd trade gardiner for strome.

I like the idea since we're desperate for a center but I don't think strome is worth gardiner. I'd something around scheifele though.

Never thought Scheifele would be brought into this conversation. Don't see how Scheifele is better than Strome in any way other than size, but to each his own.

SLAPSHOT723 12-31-2012 01:05 AM

Gardiner's great, but Strome is more needed.

leugangen 12-31-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 56949031)
Gardiner's great, but Strome is more needed.

Tavares-Nelson-Czikas as your future top 9 centremen, no?

if not, then what about a deal around Percy for Nelson?

Phion Keneuf 12-31-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leugangen (Post 56949023)
Never thought Scheifele would be brought into this conversation. Don't see how Scheifele is better than Strome in any way other than size, but to each his own.

He's not. Period.

boredmale 12-31-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leugangen (Post 56949065)
Tavares-Nelson-Czikas as your future top 9 centremen, no?

if not, then what about a deal around Percy for Nelson?

At this point from an Islanders perspective you hope one of Nelson or Strome has all the tools to become a legit 2nd line center and if both fill that spot then you can trade one.

I am also not sure if Strome will play center ot RW in the NHL(same deal with Nelson he might be better suited to winger)

Leafs87 12-31-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leugangen (Post 56949023)
Never thought Scheifele would be brought into this conversation. Don't see how Scheifele is better than Strome in any way other than size, but to each his own.

I never said strome was bad, but he is not suited as an nhl center, and he won't beat our kessel for our first line rw spot, so I don't think it's worth it to trade gardiner for him.

Scheifele on the other hand is big and is suited as an nhl center, our two biggest needs, that's why I would choose scheifele over strome if we were to trade gardiner... Still gardiner should be untouchable for the leafs

Howboutthempanthers 12-31-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafs87 (Post 56948811)
No way I'd trade gardiner for strome.

I like the idea since we're desperate for a center but I don't think strome is worth gardiner. I'd something around scheifele though.

The only thing Scheifele has over Strome is size. I'd take Strome 7 days a week in that matchup, and twice on Sunday.

Bliss 12-31-2012 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers (Post 56949645)
The only thing Scheifele has over Strome is size. I'd take Strome 7 days a week in that matchup, and twice on Sunday.

Scheifele is a safer pick while Strome is a boom/bust kind of player. The Leafs would need Scheifele's size and style of play more than they would need Strome.

Gardiner for Scheifele straight up would be a fair deal IMO but trading both Gardiner and Schenn away in the same off-season would be a big blow to their d-core.

capitalsrock 12-31-2012 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYI365 (Post 56948873)
Nope. IMO Strome is possibly our best forward prospect. Given the chance to possibly be our much needed 2nd line center or play wing on JTs line gives so much promise. No interest here, especially when we just had a draft of ONLY drafting defensemen. I'd rather keep Strome and let our D prospects pan out as is.

As great as drafting all defensemen is... they need quality no quantity and Gardiner brings that desperately needed top 4 defenseman to the Islanders.

bernmeister 12-31-2012 07:22 AM

How much do Leafs add for Derek Stepan?

maybe stepan + Rangers 4th and 6th
for
Gardiner and Leafs 2nd

something like that?

Warden of the North 12-31-2012 07:38 AM

We really cant afford to trade Gards this year without getting a top 4 dman to replace him. We're actually running a little thin on D with Schenn gone

Rare Jewel 12-31-2012 07:41 AM

A respectful no for me.

PWJunior 12-31-2012 07:43 AM

I'm curious as to all the people saying Strome is a boom/bust guy. While I can understand the sentiment that he WAS a one dimensional player during his draft year, his complete game is very much improved now. He'll never be mistaken for a Selke contender, but he is not a liability in the defensive zone. So he leads the entire CHL in scoring before the WJC with a much improved complete game and he is a boom or bust prospect? How does his current game not translate to the NHL?

Le Tricolore 12-31-2012 07:56 AM

I laughed at the Leaf fan who preferred Gardiner to Strome.

I hope he was the only one, but I didn't bother reading past him in the thread. Wow./

CREW99AW 12-31-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leafs87 (Post 56948931)
What's so funny? Sure strome is flashy and all but I don't see it translating to NHL success... At centre any ways.

Interesting. Several months ago, Pronman wrote that Strome with his skillset, would be wasted moving from center to wing.

I want to see Strome play on Tavares' wing and also centering a couple of big, physical forwards like Brock Nelson and Nino, before deciding where I want him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.