HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Speculation: If the cap drops... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1314041)

blinkman360 12-31-2012 01:36 PM

If the cap drops...
 
Sorry if this shouldn't be its own thread. Didn't know where else to put it. As a fan of another team, the Hawks situation intrigues me. If the cap does drop, I'm assuming you guys would have to move a big contract. If that is the case who would be the most realistic option? I don't think Hossa or Keith's contracts could be moved, at least not for the return you guys would want. I don't see either of Toews, Kane or Seabrook being moved since I see those guys as the core of your team.

IMO that leaves a guy like Sharp. Who is primarily a winger, on a team that has 2 other elite wingers and a couple of top-notch prospect wingers. Would it be accurate to assume he'd be the guy to go? Or would the Hawks attempt to move a few other lower level pieces so they can keep the top guys together?

coldsteelonice84 12-31-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkman360 (Post 56967069)
Sorry if this shouldn't be its own thread. Didn't know where else to put it. As a fan of another team, the Hawks situation intrigues me. If the cap does drop, I'm assuming you guys would have to move a big contract. If that is the case who would be the most realistic option? I don't think Hossa or Keith's contracts could be moved, at least not for the return you guys would want. I don't see either of Toews, Kane or Seabrook being moved since I see those guys as the core of your team.

IMO that leaves a guy like Sharp. Who is primarily a winger, on a team that has 2 other elite wingers and a couple of top-notch prospect wingers. Would it be accurate to assume he'd be the guy to go? Or would the Hawks attempt to move a few other lower level pieces so they can keep the top guys together?

I sure as hell hope moving a top guy is not even a consideration. If we need to cut cap, it starts with Montador and Frolik, that's over 5M right there. Also consider that we have rookies coming up at all positions. Crawford could be moved too. There are plenty of options.

Illinihockey 12-31-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkman360 (Post 56967069)
Sorry if this shouldn't be its own thread. Didn't know where else to put it. As a fan of another team, the Hawks situation intrigues me. If the cap does drop, I'm assuming you guys would have to move a big contract. If that is the case who would be the most realistic option? I don't think Hossa or Keith's contracts could be moved, at least not for the return you guys would want. I don't see either of Toews, Kane or Seabrook being moved since I see those guys as the core of your team.

IMO that leaves a guy like Sharp. Who is primarily a winger, on a team that has 2 other elite wingers and a couple of top-notch prospect wingers. Would it be accurate to assume he'd be the guy to go? Or would the Hawks attempt to move a few other lower level pieces so they can keep the top guys together?

If the cap drops they won't have to move any contracts. They'll be at $57 mil (assuming a $60.5 mil cap) with 17 players signed. They'll probably move Hjalmersson or Montador.

coldsteelonice84 12-31-2012 01:41 PM

We need to move Montador and Frolik to free cap for an ACQUISTION, no more subtracting good players needed.

brtriad 12-31-2012 02:02 PM

Monty, Frolik, and O doo doo would be the ones to go.

BBH 12-31-2012 10:38 PM

Montador would be tough to move because of his injury history. If we could get him for anything more than some breadcrumbs in a burlap sack I'd be ecstatic. Hjalmarsson has that contract and a history of underachieving. Frolik needs to go, shows great effort but just isn't talented enough to warrant a return more than a mere bag of shells. Who moves? I think Frolik is the only one they move right away in this situation, not saying they're gonna get a huge return, but I'd be happy with a late pick.

Blackhawkswincup 12-31-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brtriad (Post 56967907)
Monty, Frolik, and O doo doo would be the ones to go.

No one will take Oduya mistake off Hawk hands ,,, We are stuck with that contract

Monty will be hard to move because of injuries/age

Frolik , Bolland and Hjalmarsson will be going out door IMO in event of cap crunch

xX Hot Fuss 12-31-2012 11:17 PM

Doesn't the cap going down result in players salaries/cap hits going down too?

Ex: cap goes down 17% then salaries/cap hits go down 17% too

???

Illinihockey 12-31-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 56978989)
Doesn't the cap going down result in players salaries/cap hits going down too?

Ex: cap goes down 17% then salaries/cap hits go down 17% too

???

No..

Hawkaholic 01-01-2013 11:07 AM

Montador and Frolik will be gone. They will have to do something with Olesz too.

Hammer and Bolland will only be dealt to improve the team.

Blackhawkswincup 01-01-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 56983675)
Montador and Frolik will be gone. They will have to do something with Olesz too.

Hammer and Bolland will only be dealt to improve the team.

I expect Olesz to be buyout

Illinihockey 01-01-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 56984907)
I expect Olesz to be buyout

If they eliminate stashing guys in the AHL, he will certainly be the guy we buy out

Cullksinikers 01-01-2013 02:12 PM

The thing that gets me is that if the cap drops, nobody is going to help the Hawks, Flyers, Canucks, etc. out. No one is going to help a team out by taking their cap dumps so they can keep their guys signed to 13-year deals and all that jazz. The only way these teams with the space to accept a cap dump would be to kick in a nice pick or prospect for doing a favor.

Bubba88 01-01-2013 02:54 PM

other teams would gladly take Frolik, Oduya or Montador for free... those guys aren't that bad and better than what those bottom feeders ice - especially Hjammer would garner some interest

and OP, no chance that your team will get Sharp

SugarKane88 01-02-2013 11:33 AM

Montador's cap hit is more than his salary so he could be moved to a cap floor team.

coldsteelonice84 01-02-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarKane88 (Post 57014129)
Montador's cap hit is more than his salary so he could be moved to a cap floor team.

Good point, also I believe Frolik is the same in that way.

Sarava 01-02-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarKane88 (Post 57014129)
Montador's cap hit is more than his salary so he could be moved to a cap floor team.

Right, but there's no guarantee that the cap hit and actual salary for a given year will still differ as they did in the old CBA.

Illinihockey 01-02-2013 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarava (Post 57018611)
Right, but there's no guarantee that the cap hit and actual salary for a given year will still differ as they did in the old CBA.

They can't change that rule. Teams would be $20, $30 mil over the cap. Heatly and Parise wouldn't account for over 33% of the Wild's cap. They may change the rule going forward but they aren't going to do it retroactively.

Hawkaholic 01-02-2013 02:07 PM

I doubt we see a 60mil cap for 2013-14 anyway. I imagine it will be closer to 62 than 60, which could make a big difference.

Atomic Punk 01-02-2013 04:54 PM

Any way to get Frolik out of Chicago is fine with me :)

Sevanston 01-02-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swanny (Post 57025077)
Any way to get Frolik out of Chicago is fine with me :)

Frolik might not be worth his contract, but I like having him in Chicago.

Even though he's snakebitten like he sleeps with Medusa, I can't hate a guy that gives his 100% all over the ice.

xX Hot Fuss 01-02-2013 10:44 PM

Why is the cap lowering again?

coldsteelonice84 01-03-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 57037587)
Why is the cap lowering again?

It's what the lockout is all about. The owners want the players to have a lesser share than the last contract and should that happen (and it will), that invariably leads to a lower cap.

coldsteelonice84 01-03-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevanston (Post 57027885)
Frolik might not be worth his contract, but I like having him in Chicago.

Even though he's snakebitten like he sleeps with Medusa, I can't hate a guy that gives his 100% all over the ice.

If the cap wasn't a concern, he'd be great to have as a 13th forward who is in and out of the lineup as an injury fill in (unless he improves his offense). However, in a numbers game, Frolik and Stalberg should have similar contracts and the choice between the two is an easy one IMO, Stalberg stays, Frolik goes.

Illinihockey 01-03-2013 09:17 AM

Players want $65 mil in year 2, owners want $60. Thats a big deal for the Hawks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.