HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Dmitri Kalinin (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13142)

Thrasherfan 09-21-2003 02:16 PM

Dmitri Kalinin

How good is this guy? I've never actually seen him play but watched his minutes last year reach 26-30 some nites. Is he the Sabres top defensive D-man now that Warrener is gone? Who would you compare him to and can he break out into a true top pair defenseman?

Rhett4 09-21-2003 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrasherfan
How good is this guy? I've never actually seen him play but watched his minutes last year reach 26-30 some nites. Is he the Sabres top defensive D-man now that Warrener is gone? Who would you compare him to and can he break out into a true top pair defenseman?

I'll be honest with you. I'm really high on Kalinin and think he rebounded wonderfully last year after a drop off sophmore year. He has great endurance and can log considerable ice time. Currently, he plays with Zhitnik in our top pair, and I think in a couple years he will probably be capable of playing top 3 on almost any team in the league.

He's got a balance of offense and defense. Last year I think he scored something like 7 goals, and I could see him scoring about 10 a year.

He's a hard player to compare to another though. I really can't think of a good comparison, but I am sure that someone else will be able to provide you with one of those.

future consideration 09-21-2003 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4
I'll be honest with you. I'm really high on Kalinin and think he rebounded wonderfully last year after a drop off sophmore year. He has great endure and can log considerable ice time. Currently, he plays with Zhitnik in our top pair, and I think in a couple years he will probably be capable of playing top 3 on almost any team in the league.

He's got a balance of offense and defense. Last year I think he scored something like 7 goals, and I could see him scoring about 10 a year.

He's a hard player to compare to another though. I really can't think of a good comparison, but I am sure that someone else will be able to provide you with one of those.

I think he compares to Norstrom in LA but with more offense. I'm also very high on him and believes he will be a #1 d-man in a few years.

Mr Brownstone 09-21-2003 03:48 PM

I like Kalinin a lot. Hard worker, good two-way defenseman. He might see 26-30 minutes in a few more games this year than last, especially if McKee goes unsigned. Kalinin is solid.

1970 09-21-2003 07:54 PM

I agree with all of you.

Kalinin has played better and better each year. I think this season he could breakout and be a real force on defense. I am really high on him too.