HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Fights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   What's the worst Chara has gotten in a fight? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1314609)

Darth Yoda 01-01-2013 11:37 PM

What's the worst Chara has gotten in a fight?

I just dont like top dawgs and would love to see if any heavyweight has given it to Chara some time?

Here he just chickens out against Brashear, is there some better example?

Jets 01-01-2013 11:40 PM

Qward 01-01-2013 11:43 PM

whats is a "dwag?"

Colt.45Orr 01-01-2013 11:45 PM

He hasn't been beaten up in his Bruins or Sens days, but I'm sure if you go back to his skinnier Islanders days you will find something.

Darth Yoda 01-02-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 57001669)
whats is a "dwag?"

Should have said "dawg". Not a very good move to misstype when trying use teenage lingo. I sure dont like that guy, probably from the last lockout when he and Sheldon Souray played for my home teams archenemies Färjestad with dork Håkan Loob as their GM. hehe, Alfredsson and Lundqvist got us the championship that year though.

The Nuge 01-02-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr (Post 57001687)
He hasn't been beaten up in his Bruins or Sens days, but I'm sure if you go back to his skinnier Islanders days you will find something.

Thats because anytime he fights someone who can beat him, he just tackles them and ends it before it starts

MichiganWolverines 01-02-2013 12:23 AM

BonkTastic 01-02-2013 12:26 AM

The worst Chara ever got in a fight?

I think he might have sprained a finger when he rag-dolled McCabe.

Frolov 6'3 01-02-2013 04:14 AM

We dont know.

When Chara is starting to loose, than he is mysteriously slipping on an old banana peel.

nmbr_24 01-02-2013 04:28 AM

It isn't like Chara is always out there looking for a fight. He will fight, but I don't know, I don't look at him as a fighter at all, never mind a "top dawg".

No offense meant to him, he is just so much better than a fighter. I think it is a lot funnier when guys like Laraque get beat, of course that almost never happens either.

IdealisticSniper 01-02-2013 06:06 AM

Chara is a horrible fighter. He just obviously has the size to hold his own against most guys by throwing them around. Otherwise he just falls over and brings the other guy with him.

Artemis 01-02-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Yoda (Post 57002063)
Should have said "dawg". Not a very good move to misstype when trying use teenage lingo. I sure dont like that guy, probably from the last lockout when he and Sheldon Souray played for my home teams archenemies Färjestad with dork Håkan Loob as their GM. hehe, Alfredsson and Lundqvist got us the championship that year though.

Great reason not to like someone. :sarcasm:

Chara will fight if the situation calls for it, but he's too valuable on the ice to make a habit of it.

VeddarRants 01-02-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3 (Post 57004941)
We dont know.

When Chara is starting to loose, than he is mysteriously slipping on an old banana peel.

He does it when he's winning too. The man has all the traits of being a dominant fighter ( size, reach, punching power, strength, grappling background, intimidation, reputation ) but his balance knocks him down a few pegs in my books. I do think his size can be a disadvantage sometimes because if you know how to grapple, you can easily have a leverage advantage against a taller guy in a hockey fight and get them off balance.

BLONG7 01-02-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonkTastic (Post 57002265)
The worst Chara ever got in a fight?

I think he might have sprained a finger when he rag-dolled McCabe.

That was a funny moment...

RJ8812 01-02-2013 09:00 AM

Chara is not a very good fighter. He never really throws any punches and if he does, he loses his balance and the fight is over.

zeykshade 01-02-2013 09:19 AM

Chara is not a good fighter. His size and strength makes up for a lot. Watch him fight Neil after Neil destroyed Boychuk. Neil took some punches, but you can tell who is actually the more skilled of the two fighters.

That being said, Chara is brilliant imo. He doensn't have to absolutely pulp people and he knows this. He dances a bit, falls over, hugs em. He answered the bell/made them answer etc. No reason to break your hand or get your face broken.

Talain 01-02-2013 10:31 AM

I remember when Chara got stared down by Theo Fleury (of all people!) Needless to say, I was not impressed. Back when the Islanders traded him, I was hardly upset about the trade at the time. Obviously his career as progressed a bit since then...

KnightofBoston 01-02-2013 10:43 AM

Lol that's called chickening out? Looks to me like he was about to unload on old Donald and then fell on his ass like he does 50% of the time

gifted88 01-02-2013 12:01 PM

Chara's balance is terrible, he falls over before anything significant can be done. Wish he would have fought someone like Stu Grimson. That'd be a hell of a fight.

CaptBrannigan 01-02-2013 12:11 PM

I think Artyukhin gave Chara his best go yet. Pretty even matchup between two huge guys.

darglor 01-02-2013 01:00 PM

Fight was mostly a tie, but he was lucky Neil didn't keep going here... I like how it looks like he's begging for mercy.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/entry_photo...rge_medium.jpg

bud12 01-02-2013 01:05 PM

one name: SCOTT PARKER!!!

Stjonnypopo 01-02-2013 01:07 PM

You can tell Chara doesn't really like fighting either, the only reason people consider him a fighter is because he's big.

blamebettman* 01-02-2013 02:15 PM

Of course Chara is normally going to have a huge height/weight/reach advantage...my issue with him is that he's more of a wrestler/manhandler than a pure fighting. He usually just tries to tie guys up and jerk them around and get them off balance rather than throw solid punches...so while he is a decent fighter, he's also a bit of a bully and coward for shying a way from the really rough stuff. As a pure puncher, he's not that impressive

cashman rules* 01-02-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nuge (Post 57002157)
Thats because anytime he fights someone who can beat him, he just tackles them and ends it before it starts

Just like every player on the canucks??:laugh::laugh::laugh: