HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Havlat to NJ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1314633)

Scottyk9 01-02-2013 01:11 AM

Havlat to NJ
 
Gives the Devils a scoring winger they need. Granted with some injury risk.

Injury history and shrinking cap in next CBA likely brings the price down

Good friends with Elias.

Go.

Chacal667 01-02-2013 01:13 AM

havlat for a first ?

HavlatMach9 01-02-2013 01:17 AM

Avoid Havlat because of injuries. No more than a 1st and a prospect.
Edit: Surprisingly healthy the past few years.

WTFetus 01-02-2013 01:18 AM

SJ has no interest of trading Havlat unless it's for a huge overpayment.

Chubbs 01-02-2013 01:20 AM

Havlat is exactly the type of player the Sharks need, and trading him away will only make that hole worse. There is zero chance he gets traded away unless the return is significant.

capitalsrock 01-02-2013 01:23 AM

San Jose has no interest in anything that the Devils are willing to give up, which is mainly defense. San Jose is looking to upgrade their offense and I doubt New Jersey is looking to trade away their limited offense.

TheJuxtaposer 01-02-2013 01:54 AM

There's no trade to be made here. We need more, not less speedy top-6 wingers.

Paralyzer008 01-02-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 57002949)
SJ has no interest of trading Havlat unless it's for a huge overpayment.

I would hold on a second there.

If the cap does indeed go down and the Sharks re-sign Clowe, I could see the Sharks having to move Havlat because of his high cap hit

WTFetus 01-02-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 (Post 57003423)
I would hold on a second there.

If the cap does indeed go down and the Sharks re-sign Clowe, I could see the Sharks having to move Havlat because of his high cap hit

Except Havlat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Clowe

BonkTastic 01-02-2013 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 57003431)
Except Havlat >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Clowe

Is... is Clowe available, then?

SCinSJ 01-02-2013 04:17 AM

For the right price... yes.

Pinkfloyd 01-02-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 (Post 57003423)
I would hold on a second there.

If the cap does indeed go down and the Sharks re-sign Clowe, I could see the Sharks having to move Havlat because of his high cap hit

If the cap goes down and they re-sign Clowe, they will be fine even with Havlat. Clowe isn't getting more than 4.5 mil and that's over-payment as well for his services and a dropping cap. They will also have other avenues to pursue to be cap compliant with a potential amnesty buyout of people like Antti Niemi, Brad Stuart, or Adam Burish.

The Sharks need more speed in their lineup and trading Havlat only makes sense if they get a top six with speed in return and another forward with speed. Chances are unlikely that happens. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised to see Clowe walk at the end of the year anyway.

Seatoo 01-02-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 57003321)
There's no trade to be made here. We need more, not less speedy top-6 wingers.

Hey so we have this guy named Mason Raymond...:naughty::sarcasm:

DuckEatinShark 01-02-2013 03:47 PM

For Havlat the Sharks would require a speedy top 6 winger. You know, like Havlat:)

We were a middle of the road team when Havlat was out, but when he returned he changed the dynamics of this team. His speed and creativity was instrumental for us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonkTastic (Post 57003997)
Is... is Clowe available, then?

Absolutely. If the cap goes down, Murray and Clowe could be the first two victims.

TheJuxtaposer 01-02-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonkTastic (Post 57003997)
Is... is Clowe available, then?

For a different (read: faster) top-6 winger, yes.

Prairie Habs 01-02-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark (Post 57022885)
For Havlat the Sharks would require a speedy top 6 winger. You know, like Havlat:)

We were a middle of the road team when Havlat was out, but when he returned he changed the dynamics of this team. His speed and creativity was instrumental for us.



Absolutely. If the cap goes down, Murray and Clowe could be the first two victims.

Montreal would have interest in both I would think. We also have a lot of speedy wingers who could be available at the right price. Depending on how the season goes Gionta or even Cole could be moved, or if you are looking for prospects Kristo and Gallagher both fit the bill.

jpchabby 01-02-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prairie Habs (Post 57024119)
Montreal would have interest in both I would think. We also have a lot of speedy wingers who could be available at the right price. Depending on how the season goes Gionta or even Cole could be moved, or if you are looking for prospects Kristo and Gallagher both fit the bill.

I highly doubt Montreal would trade either one of Gionta and Cole. Maybe Cole if he has an absolutely disgusting season, but no way we trade our captain. I just don't see Bergevin doing that.

As for the prospect, they have very little value in my opinion so it wouldn't really work I guess.

Prairie Habs 01-02-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpchabby (Post 57025291)
I highly doubt Montreal would trade either one of Gionta and Cole. Maybe Cole if he has an absolutely disgusting season, but no way we trade our captain. I just don't see Bergevin doing that.

As for the prospect, they have very little value in my opinion so it wouldn't really work I guess.

If our season goes down hill fast I can see Montreal moving out Gionta for Clowe + a small future. We have a new GM and a new coach so they might be looking for a change-up in the locker room and to reduce salary. Clowe is also a Therrien type player and I can definitely see us going after him either when he hits UFA or sooner.

ManoWarrior 01-02-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 57023325)
For a different (read: faster) top-6 winger, yes.

Sold. For Raymond and a 5th :)

Zippy316 01-02-2013 06:18 PM

I initially said this, figuring that if the cap went down, he would be one of the most obvious victims, but apparently it's not the case.

I was really only considering this if the cap went down, making the Sharks have to dump Havlat. The return for Havlat wouldn't be as great as the Sharks would have no leverage, so a cheap salary-wise deal like Tedenby+Urbom+pick might be a good deal for the Sharks in that scenario.

In a straight up deal, the Devils don't have the pieces that the Sharks need nor can they offer the afford to offer the pieces that the Sharks would need to get a deal done. Our best trading asset that we can give up right now is probably Merrill, Tallinder, and a guy like Urbom. Other than that, there is nothing on our roster or prospect pool we can afford to give up or has a significant amount of value.

TheJuxtaposer 01-02-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManoWarrior (Post 57026441)
Sold. For Raymond and a 5th :)

Where's the top-6 winger? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 57027675)
I initially said this, figuring that if the cap went down, he would be one of the most obvious victims, but apparently it's not the case.

I was really only considering this if the cap went down, making the Sharks have to dump Havlat. The return for Havlat wouldn't be as great as the Sharks would have no leverage, so a cheap salary-wise deal like Tedenby+Urbom+pick might be a good deal for the Sharks in that scenario.

In a straight up deal, the Devils don't have the pieces that the Sharks need nor can they offer the afford to offer the pieces that the Sharks would need to get a deal done. Our best trading asset that we can give up right now is probably Merrill, Tallinder, and a guy like Urbom. Other than that, there is nothing on our roster or prospect pool we can afford to give up or has a significant amount of value.

The Sharks would trade Boyle before trading Havlat. There's no way Havlat gets moved for Tedenby+Urbom+pick (unless it's a top-10 pick). I'd buy out Boyle before trading Havlat for that return.

Paralyzer008 01-02-2013 07:31 PM

The Sharks would trade Boyle before trading Havlat. There's no way Havlat gets moved for Tedenby+Urbom+pick (unless it's a top-10 pick). I'd buy out Boyle before trading Havlat for that return.[/QUOTE]

I'm still confused by this, because even though Boyle is old, him and Burns are the main catalysts of that defense, and if you trade one of them, their D looks really weak.

WTFetus 01-02-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 (Post 57030095)
I'm still confused by this, because even though Boyle is old, him and Burns are the main catalysts of that defense, and if you trade one of them, their D looks really weak.

It actually doesn't.

Vlasic - Burns (very solid 1st pair)
Stuart - Demers (acceptable 2nd pair). Both players had an off year last year. Stuart might not rebound, but I have complete faith in Demers. I wouldn't be surprised if Stuart rebounds too. Family plays a huge part in how well a player plays.
Murray - Braun (good 3rd pair).
Petrecki/Acolatse/Vandermeer/etc as the 7th.

Boyle isn't necessary anymore. I was willing to trade him even without the lowered salary cap rumors.

TheJuxtaposer 01-02-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 (Post 57030095)
I'm still confused by this, because even though Boyle is old, him and Burns are the main catalysts of that defense, and if you trade one of them, their D looks really weak.

Obviously I'm not looking to shop Boyle specifically, if the Sharks are looking to keep trying to be competitive, but I wouldn't mind him going. The reason behind this is that the way Burns played down the stretch and into the playoffs (where he was our best player behind Thornton, easily) has me convinced that he's our #1 defenseman next season whether Boyle's here or not. Vlasic is our clear-cut shut-down minute-munching #2, and that leaves Boyle in the second pairing, not playing as many minutes (which actually would probably be good for him) and eating up quite a bit of salary.

Vlasic-Burns
Stuart-Demers
Murray-Braun

Isn't the almost top-5 defense the Sharks posted at evens last year, but it's still middle of the pack and if we could get a solid 2nd/3rd line tweener for Boyle it would improve the team overall. Boyle does a lot for the Sharks, but his contract and his age plus having Burns makes him expendable.

Mattb124 01-02-2013 11:16 PM

The thing I worry about if we trade away Boyle is our power play efficiency. He is still among the best QB's in the NHL.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.