HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Public washrooms (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1315425)

Le Tricolore 01-03-2013 02:49 PM

Public washrooms

Can someone explain to me why people feel that it's acceptable to not flush at a public washroom? Especially at an office when the only ones using it are those you work worth.

I don't get it..

IkeaMonkey* 01-03-2013 02:51 PM

I find it funniest when they don't flush while you are in there too.

It's like, they know you are in there, but they know you won't say anything. It's like a hostage situation.

JMcLeaf 01-03-2013 02:51 PM

Showing off their masterpiece.

The Big Giant Head 01-03-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 57071739)
Can someone explain to me why people feel that it's acceptable to not flush at a public washroom? Especially at an office when the only ones using it are those you work worth.

I don't get it..

lol...i posted on my classic car forum a while back about a situation with a co-worker peeing all over our bathroom floor. Some ppl just want to watch the world burn i guess :dunno:

Ceremony 01-03-2013 02:54 PM

I'd be more concerned with why a place where people defecate is called a washroom.

New Sabres Captain 01-03-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceremony (Post 57071971)
I'd be more concerned with why a place where people defecate is called a washroom.

Bidet?

awfulwaffle 01-03-2013 03:53 PM

More importantly, why don't people wash their hands after going to the bathroom?

That is the single most disgusting thing on this planet, and I see way too many people just walk out of the bathroom without washing their hands. I cringe when I shake someone's hand not knowing if they wash their hands or not. It's like not brushing your teeth, it just doesn't make sense.

Hugh Mann* 01-03-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfulwaffle (Post 57074123)
More importantly, why don't people wash their hands after going to the bathroom?

That is the single most disgusting thing on this planet, and I see way too many people just walk out of the bathroom without washing their hands. I cringe when I shake someone's hand not knowing if they wash their hands or not. It's like not brushing your teeth, it just doesn't make sense.

Actually, there's no hygienic need to wash your hands. Unless something goes wrong, your hands don't come into contact with any contaminants (the whole point of toilet paper is so that you don't have to use your hands to wipe away feces or urine). Even if you touch your genitals with your bare hands, your genitals are pretty clean (you wash them once a day every day, and they spend the rest of their time tucked into a sterile cotton sac), so your hands aren't becoming dirtier.

The idea that you have to wash your hands after every time you use the toilet comes from our association of our genitals with our rather prudish notions of human sexuality. The penis/vagina are basically seen as dirty because they're sex organs, and sex is dirty. We're expected to clean ourselves after touching ourselves in our dirty places.

Your hands are actually way dirtier because they come into contact with all sorts of contaminants all day long. In fact, after using the washroom, you should wash your genitals, not your hands.

Of course, you should wash your hands regularly, but there's no specific need to do so after using the toilet.

nogger 01-03-2013 04:44 PM

Exactly, why should I have to wash my hands after i'm done touching the cleanest part of my body?

TheRollingPuck 01-03-2013 06:35 PM

It's disgusting. It happens all the time on campus.

snakeye 01-03-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Mann (Post 57074289)
Actually, there's no hygienic need to wash your hands. Unless something goes wrong, your hands don't come into contact with any contaminants (the whole point of toilet paper is so that you don't have to use your hands to wipe away feces or urine). Even if you touch your genitals with your bare hands, your genitals are pretty clean (you wash them once a day every day, and they spend the rest of their time tucked into a sterile cotton sac), so your hands aren't becoming dirtier.

The idea that you have to wash your hands after every time you use the toilet comes from our association of our genitals with our rather prudish notions of human sexuality. The penis/vagina are basically seen as dirty because they're sex organs, and sex is dirty. We're expected to clean ourselves after touching ourselves in our dirty places.

Your hands are actually way dirtier because they come into contact with all sorts of contaminants all day long. In fact, after using the washroom, you should wash your genitals, not your hands.

Of course, you should wash your hands regularly, but there's no specific need to do so after using the toilet.

3 words: some don't dab.

But those are probably the same ones that don't wash their hands.

octopi 01-03-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh Mann (Post 57074289)

Your genitals aren't that clean. Even if you're only cleaning/using the front part, you get small amounts of fecal contamination from your butt being in the same underwear, which can be transmitted to the front and then your hands. All bodily fluids urine, blood, semen or feces should always be washed off even if present in trace(read: Not visible) portions. Of course the taps and doors and handles in washrooms are dirty too, so you should always use a paper towel to turn the taps and then on the door. Throw the towl in the ajacent wastebasket once the door is opened and you are leaving. Ideally, of course.....

as far as washing your hands goes, don't touch your eyes, mouth lips or nose directly if possible and wash hands when entering your house or the house of family members,I do.

Long Duk Dong 01-03-2013 06:56 PM

If anything, wash your hands before going to the can. If you don't, you could get AIDS, or even worse...Lupus.

kingsholygrail 01-03-2013 07:02 PM

I should be allowed to wash my junk in the washroom because of how dirty it apparently is.

xX Hot Fuss 01-03-2013 07:59 PM

Wow you guys are gross. Not a germaphobe by any means but damn, is it really too much to ask that you wash your hands after touching a part of your body that eliminates waste?

Ser Woof 01-03-2013 08:12 PM

Sometimes you just don't have the time. Priorities.

Le Tricolore 01-03-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsholygrail (Post 57080731)
I should be allowed to wash my junk in the washroom because of how dirty it apparently is.

Who says you're not?

TheRollingPuck 01-03-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 57082485)
Wow you guys are gross. Not a germaphobe by any means but damn, is it really too much to ask that you wash your hands after touching a part of your body that eliminates waste?

Apparently it is. I do it for others, and myself. You're probably going to end up putting germs back in your body when you don't.

ChiGuySez 01-03-2013 08:22 PM

Public washrooms... Lollll

ThaDevilGirl 01-03-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Tricolore (Post 57071739)

I don't get it..

You should change floors.

Vincent Vega 01-03-2013 08:40 PM

If I have to whip it out for a quick leak in a public washroom, unless I am soaked in sweat and dirt and haven't showered for days, my dick is cleaner then some dirty sink and soap dispenser that god knows how many filthy animals have used.

Always wash your hands after you poop though. Because you may get some poop on your hands.

Cardiac_Canes 01-03-2013 08:42 PM

I would love to use the washrooms in your office, I'm sure. You should see the absolute ****hole washrooms we have to use. I'm a carpenter working at union station in Toronto and there's currently 2 toilets serving over a hundred guys. Completely against the law and completely disgusting. As you can imagine, guys working in construction aren't the cleanest or nicest of people.

Kronwalled55 01-03-2013 08:42 PM

I always wash my hands after I go. I sometimes wash my hands prior to going too. Call it a waste of time, but who knows what kind of germs you gather on your hands throughout the day. I don't want that on my junk haha.

TMI 01-03-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octopi (Post 57080475)
Your genitals aren't that clean. Even if you're only cleaning/using the front part, you get small amounts of fecal contamination from your butt being in the same underwear, which can be transmitted to the front and then your hands. All bodily fluids urine, blood, semen or feces should always be washed off even if present in trace(read: Not visible) portions. Of course the taps and doors and handles in washrooms are dirty too, so you should always use a paper towel to turn the taps and then on the door. Throw the towl in the ajacent wastebasket once the door is opened and you are leaving. Ideally, of course.....

as far as washing your hands goes, don't touch your eyes, mouth lips or nose directly if possible and wash hands when entering your house or the house of family members,I do.

Your clothing will have trace amounts of fecal matter on them after being in the washing machine.

There's a difference between something being there and enough of that something being there to actually hurt you.

TMI 01-03-2013 09:00 PM

I wash my hands regularly throughout the day. I didn't used to use hand sanitizer, but I have been since I've been working with the public more. I don't use it religiously, but after a noticeably ill customer comes through or periodically if I notice I haven't had a chance to clean my hands in a while I'll use a dab of sanitizer.