HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   International Tournaments (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Has the world juniors altered your views on the lockout? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1315825)

FormerRedwingFan 01-04-2013 09:44 AM

Has the world juniors altered your views on the lockout?
 
The lockout had made me very angry as a fan but seeing the WJC has really made me wish the lockout was over so we can have NHL hockey back.

In the US we have very sparse hockey coverage, we don't have the CHL broadcasts and NCAA and AHL broadcasts can be very poor quality. Without the NHL there just isn't much on.

#66 01-04-2013 09:45 AM

Not at all. Screw the NHL they're not bigger than the sport itself.

craigcaulks* 01-04-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #66 (Post 57094613)
Not at all. Screw the NHL they're not bigger than the sport itself.

I think for a lot of people they ARE the sport.

Xokkeu 01-04-2013 12:46 PM

I am hoping they cancel the season and we get an awesome World Championships.

craigcaulks* 01-04-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xokkeu (Post 57099495)
I am hoping they cancel the season and we get an awesome World Championships.

I'll take NHL and the playoffs over a fictional event.

toewsintangibles 01-04-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigcaulks (Post 57099843)
I'll take NHL and the playoffs over a fictional event.

More fictional than a NHL season this year?

craigcaulks* 01-04-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toewsintangibles (Post 57100069)
More fictional than a NHL season this year?

That makes no sense, but ok.

toewsintangibles 01-04-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigcaulks (Post 57100143)
That makes no sense, but ok.

Just listen to the Canadian media all year, they've been positive the lockouts ending by the end of next week the whole year

Lacaar 01-04-2013 01:10 PM

It proves to me the same every year. The best players in the world (Thos being the ones in the NHL) don't always produce the most exciting hockey.

A strongly motivated hockey game for both sides provides the best hockey to watch as a fan IMO.

craigcaulks* 01-04-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toewsintangibles (Post 57100195)
Just listen to the Canadian media all year, they've been positive the lockouts ending by the end of next week the whole year

I guess it depends how you listen. I haven't ever expected an end to this until there is an actual "do or die" date. At that point the players will have to make a decision.

Xokkeu 01-04-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigcaulks (Post 57099843)
I'll take NHL and the playoffs over a fictional event.

:cry:

TylerSVT* 01-04-2013 01:15 PM

Nope, the Players are still greedy, the owners make me mad.

I hope they all lose millions.

loudi94 01-04-2013 01:30 PM

While some of it may have to do with the start times, I really didn't have much interest in the WJC. Hockey has kind of fallen to the wayside. Filling up my free time with other activities has left me not missing any of it. I'm sure I'll get back into it pretty quick, but for now no hockey suits me fine.

Machinehead 01-04-2013 01:30 PM

I wanted hockey back either which way. I don't consider myself part of the "screw the NHL" crowd by any stretch. I wish I could be but it just means too much to me.

Me and the NHL are like that old married couple that fights all the time but they've been together 40 years. They might get on each others nerves all the time but at the end of the day they mean everything to each other. And yes, we the fans do mean everything to the NHL whether they treat us like it or not.

If anything, I would say the World Juniors has made me feel much better. At least I have some hockey to be a part of for a couple weeks.

AaronEkbald 01-04-2013 02:58 PM

WJC = the NHL in 2020

AaronEkbald 01-04-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerSVT (Post 57100457)
Nope, the Players are still greedy, the owners make me mad.

I hope they all lose millions.

They will.

And neither will give a crap.

Ryker 01-04-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craigcaulks (Post 57099321)
I think for a lot of people they ARE the sport.

Yeah, sadly it's true that there's a lot of people on these boards that aren't hockey fans, but rather just fans of the NHL.

AaronEkbald 01-04-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machinehead (Post 57101075)
I wanted hockey back either which way. I don't consider myself part of the "screw the NHL" crowd by any stretch. I wish I could be but it just means too much to me.

Me and the NHL are like that old married couple that fights all the time but they've been together 40 years. They might get on each others nerves all the time but at the end of the day they mean everything to each other. And yes, we the fans do mean everything to the NHL whether they treat us like it or not.

If anything, I would say the World Juniors has made me feel much better. At least I have some hockey to be a part of for a couple weeks.

I think of it as a never-ending, abusive relationship where one party has all the power and control and the other is too weak and disorganized to stand up to the other.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.