HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   So..... Our Defense. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1315917)

General Granny* 01-04-2013 02:45 PM

So..... Our Defense.
 
Uhhmmm with already a thin defense, Lundin broke his finger and is coming back to NA, with Cowen already out and Philips/Gonchar getting up there in age, will we contend for a playoff spot with this defense?

Will Murray go the FA, Trade route or just call ups? Maybe all 3.

Currently it looks like.

Methot-Karlsson
????- Gonchar
Philips- ????
?????

With Amnesty buyouts, some dman maybe on the market, ex Ballard, Jovanaski etc

Call ups:

Weircioch
Benoit
Gryba (Has played better than Borocop in my opinion)
Borocop

Do you see them giving Ceci a 9 game tryout? Maybe take him away from the 67s would be good for him, plus in the summer I remember Murray saying he might challenge for a spot, he already has the size, just his defense is questionable.

What do you guys think?

OmniSens 01-04-2013 02:46 PM

Another defense thread?

The Waffler 01-04-2013 03:06 PM

...sucks now.

HavlatMach9 01-04-2013 03:08 PM

Let's do to our defense what we did to our forwards last year, just replace players with our prospects. Worked last year.

Manked 01-04-2013 03:09 PM

Our defense.....

Will be the #1 reason we get the #1 pick this year.

Lazarrr 01-04-2013 03:09 PM

They will have to make a trade unless Murray wants this to be a lottery team. But at this point I don't care if we come last in a 48 game season, I just want to see some hockey. I think Ballard would be a good option too. Maybe around 2.5-3 million for a season or two.

Manked 01-04-2013 03:12 PM

Also, why in Gods name do people keep questioning Cody Ceci's DEFENSE.

If any of you have watched him since he's been a 67, you'd know that before media started labeling him as an offensive defenceman, he was a one dimensional defensive defenceman. Just because he's learned how to contribute offensively doesn't magically make his defence disappear. I think that because he is a positional defender and not a shot blocker/ net clearer / big hitter that they think he's not good defensively. They're wrong.

leftwinglocker 01-04-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Granny (Post 57103937)
Uhhmmm with already a thin defense, Lundin broke his finger and is coming back to NA, with Cowen already out and Philips/Gonchar getting up there in age, will we contend for a playoff spot with this defense?

Will Murray go the FA, Trade route or just call ups? Maybe all 3.

Currently it looks like.

Methot-Karlsson
????- Gonchar
Philips- ????
?????

With Amnesty buyouts, some dman maybe on the market, ex Ballard, Jovanaski etc

Call ups:

Weircioch
Benoit
Gryba (Has played better than Borocop in my opinion)
Borocop

Do you see them giving Ceci a 9 game tryout? Maybe take him away from the 67s would be good for him, plus in the summer I remember Murray saying he might challenge for a spot, he already has the size, just his defense is questionable.

What do you guys think?

Wow. Real hate on for Boro huh ? You need to watch the game a little more closely. Have you actually been to Binghamton to even see one ? AHL allstar, led your D-men in points last year, tops in +/-, tops again in +/- this year with Wiercioch and Gryba, tough as nails, creates space for his teammates, your best PK and shutdown D man, great skater, passer. Here's hoping he goes Group VI after next season. Looking forward to seeing him in NY or Philly. It would make me and many other Clarkson alum happy.

derriko 01-04-2013 03:42 PM

Dude... Leftwinglocker. Chill. Hes having a down year so far (in comparison to last year) Hell, I betcha he would admit it himself. Were not looking to trade him or dump him for scraps. Hes pretty much a lock to make our team next year, but he has to play better to get the call up this year. He still probably will assuming theres a season, or get rotating call ups with Gryba. Hes not going anywhere

saskriders 01-04-2013 03:43 PM

I have the solution


Lehner plays net but just hugs the post. Latendresse, Methot, Michalek, and Phillips stand beside him in a line so they take up the whole net.

Then for out

Nobody-Spezza-Nobody
Nobody-Karlsson-Nobody
Nobody-Silfverberg-Nobody
Nobody-Turris-Nobody

Nobody-Nobody
Nobody-Nobody
Nobody-Nobody


Then we win the super bowl

Kezia 01-04-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manked (Post 57104989)
Also, why in Gods name do people keep questioning Cody Ceci's DEFENSE.

If any of you have watched him since he's been a 67, you'd know that before media started labeling him as an offensive defenceman, he was a one dimensional defensive defenceman. Just because he's learned how to contribute offensively doesn't magically make his defence disappear. I think that because he is a positional defender and not a shot blocker/ net clearer / big hitter that they think he's not good defensively. They're wrong.

Hes getting the Karlsson treatment. More points = less defense.

Deku Scrub 01-04-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saskriders (Post 57106061)
I have the solution


Lehner plays net but just hugs the post. Latendresse, Methot, Michalek, and Phillips stand beside him in a line so they take up the whole net.

Then for out

Nobody-Spezza-Nobody
Nobody-Karlsson-Nobody
Nobody-Silfverberg-Nobody
Nobody-Turris-Nobody

Nobody-Nobody
Nobody-Nobody
Nobody-Nobody


Then we win the super bowl

This man is a genius. Someone call up GMBM right now and tell him about this.

benjiv1 01-04-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deku Scrub (Post 57106387)
This man is a genius. Someone call up GMBM right now and tell him about this.

In all seriousness, I've wondered if a team is allowed to do this....

Is there any rule against making a wall on the goal line?

I assume they don't do it for practical reasons. (Such as taking the inevitable puck to the nads)

topshelfie 01-04-2013 04:32 PM

Better yet, just sign a sumo wrestler as goalie, we could use Lehner's mobility on defence.

ATdaisuki 01-04-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benjiv1 (Post 57106555)
In all seriousness, I've wondered if a team is allowed to do this....

Is there any rule against making a wall on the goal line?

I assume they don't do it for practical reasons. (Such as taking the inevitable puck to the nads)

why do that when you can do this


the nhl series is touted for it's realism, whatever can be done there should be okay in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5b_wHVCYUk


Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelfie (Post 57107697)
Better yet, just sign a sumo wrestler as goalie, we could use Lehner's mobility on defence.



to you sir.

Fenix Rises 2026 01-04-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topshelfie (Post 57107697)
Better yet, just sign a sumo wrestler as goalie.

Isn`t that what Bishop is supposed to be?

Kezia 01-04-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATdaisuki (Post 57108085)


to you sir.

They completely over look a trained sumo goalie tho.

ATdaisuki 01-04-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny FTW (Post 57108567)
They completely over look a trained sumo goalie tho.

put the pads on big buff and see what he can do

topshelfie 01-04-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenix Rises 2026 (Post 57108313)
Isn`t that what Bishop is supposed to be?

Bishop is more like a giraffe on skates, but I see your point

SixthSens 01-04-2013 05:19 PM

This can be discussed in the lineup thread.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1312897


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.