HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   LW Sonny Milano - Plymouth Whalers, OHL (2014, 16th overall, Columbus) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1316115)

americanscout09 10-22-2012 10:01 PM

LW Sonny Milano - Plymouth Whalers, OHL (2014, 16th overall, Columbus)
 
Sonny Milano - C,LW - 5'11 - 183lbs
U.S. National U17 Team
56gp 20g 27a 47pt 20pims
2014 Draft

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_r...y=80&size=650x



any info?

seafoam 01-05-2013 09:15 AM

Awesome name.

Garyboy 01-05-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seafoam (Post 57130771)
Awesome name.

Agreed. Oozes Soprano's.

I saw him when he played with the Cleveland Barons last year, and he was impressive. Great skater, soft hands, and great offensive instincts.

Orange Thunder 01-05-2013 06:12 PM

Cool name.

PWJunior 01-05-2013 07:00 PM

He's a Long Island kid from what I gather. Agreed though, awesome name. Like straight out of the Godfather.

cagney 01-05-2013 07:31 PM

He's got nice skills, great hands in particular and pretty good skating. I'd like to see him gain some strength and perhaps try and use his teammates a bit more rather than always trying to make the nifty play to beat the defense himself. I could see him sneak into the latter half of the 1st round with his skills but I'd look for some improvement in those areas if he's to go in the top half.

americanscout09 07-05-2013 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cagney (Post 57152945)
He's got nice skills, great hands in particular and pretty good skating. I'd like to see him gain some strength and perhaps try and use his teammates a bit more rather than always trying to make the nifty play to beat the defense himself. I could see him sneak into the latter half of the 1st round with his skills but I'd look for some improvement in those areas if he's to go in the top half.

Milano uses his teammates more than enough in my opinion. He lead his team in assists (27).
I 100% agree with you that he should definitely try to make the simple play more often instead of trying to dipsy doodle around defenders.

HeavyMcHitter97 07-05-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cagney (Post 57152945)
He's got nice skills, great hands in particular and pretty good skating. I'd like to see him gain some strength and perhaps try and use his teammates a bit more rather than always trying to make the nifty play to beat the defense himself. I could see him sneak into the latter half of the 1st round with his skills but I'd look for some improvement in those areas if he's to go in the top half.

I agree with this assessment. He's a slick player but he needs to utilize his team mates more often.

AmericanDream 07-06-2013 12:25 AM

wasn't a huge fan of his the past few years but he has grown on me. he definitely has skill just needs to use it more wisely. I have him ranked higher than Macinnis now which is a nice sign of his overall skill. he could be a first round pick, but with many US kids he needs to not fade away down the stretch.

americanscout09 07-06-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanDream (Post 68823181)
wasn't a huge fan of his the past few years but he has grown on me. he definitely has skill just needs to use it more wisely. I have him ranked higher than Macinnis now which is a nice sign of his overall skill. he could be a first round pick, but with many US kids he needs to not fade away down the stretch.

Would you mind showing your rankings?

StrongIslanders90 07-06-2013 04:25 PM

his goal celebration is awesome.....When he scores the goalie gets on his knees and kisses sonnys glove

AmericanDream 07-07-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by americanscout09 (Post 68852373)
Would you mind showing your rankings?

ask and you shall receive..posting a new thread on it in a few minutes...

clevelandcane 07-09-2013 07:16 PM

We don't see much high end hockey in Cleveland but I was lucky enough to see Milano play for the Cleveland Barons U16 - not sure how old he was but it was mm.

He outshined Magyar on that team, went hard every shift and was great with the puck.

I'd love to see a kid who played locally make it big time... I guess he already has.

AmericanDream 07-09-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevelandcane (Post 68997167)
We don't see much high end hockey in Cleveland but I was lucky enough to see Milano play for the Cleveland Barons U16 - not sure how old he was but it was mm.

He outshined Magyar on that team, went hard every shift and was great with the puck.

I'd love to see a kid who played locally make it big time... I guess he already has.

I actually liked Magyar more at that time playing for Cleveland....shows you exactly what I know!!! :laugh:

americanscout09 07-09-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanDream (Post 68999009)
I actually liked Magyar more at that time playing for Cleveland....shows you exactly what I know!!! :laugh:

how often did you watch the u17 usntdp play this year?

usascout1 07-10-2013 11:44 AM

IMO this past years U17 NTDP was weaker than they have been in the last few years. Milano didn't have a ton to work with depending how the lines played out. He was a bright spot on that team this past year and did well considering the circumstances. He is skilled enough and does distribute the puck when he is with the right guys. Whenever a team isn't very strong overall you see dissension and that is exactly what happened to that NTDP team. None of that was Milano's fault he always was talented enough to be on that team.

pavelich 09-04-2013 07:06 PM

The photo at the top of the thread is not Milano. It's his teammate Ryan Hitchcock (another Long Islander).

[MOD EDIT: photo edited; number 48 is Milano]

sigx15 11-16-2013 02:48 PM

Being reported he has decommitted from Notre Same and will now attend Boston College in the fall.

bigbadbruins7 11-16-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sigx15 (Post 74505189)
Being reported he has decommitted from Notre Same and will now attend Boston College in the fall.

Wow that's a huge loss and a big pickup. Are those from good sources?

Vatican Roulette 11-16-2013 03:35 PM

Damn, kinda hoping he would go to Plymouth.

sigx15 11-16-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 (Post 74506189)
Wow that's a huge loss and a big pickup. Are those from good sources?

Ya it's being reported by the BC hockey blog, who speaks with the coaches regularly and doesn't report things until he gets confirmation. Apparently it had been rumored for a bit but is now confirmed.

SnipShow 11-16-2013 04:40 PM

Still any chance he sways to Plymouth? I feel that draft positioning may have an impact. He is a little smaller and the college route may suit him better than the OHL

sigx15 11-16-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnipShow (Post 74508949)
Still any chance he sways to Plymouth? I feel that draft positioning may have an impact. He is a little smaller and the college route may suit him better than the OHL

Who knows really. I would say he probably wouldnt commit to BC if that was in the back of his mind but honestly the draft has a way of shaking things up. BC usually only offers if its a hard commit this late in the game and has a pretty good track record of keeping kids in their commitment but even they have lost a few along the way like Shea and Kenny Ryan.

ChiGuySez 11-17-2013 12:08 AM

2011 Bauer commercial

dp

clevelandcane 11-18-2013 08:15 PM

I love when kid's break their commitments. It really says something about their character.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.