HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Business of Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Sportsnet: Jamison group about to finalize Coyotes purchase (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1316791)

LadyStanley 01-06-2013 07:00 AM

Sportsnet: Jamison group about to finalize Coyotes purchase

jessespector 4:55am via HootSuite EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING! RT @JSportsnet: Good news from Phoenix...the Jamison Group is on verge of announcing purchase of Coyotes from NHL.

viper0220 01-06-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyStanley (Post 57172861)
jessespector 4:55am via HootSuite EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING! RT @JSportsnet: Good news from Phoenix...the Jamison Group is on verge of announcing purchase of Coyotes from NHL.

Did he say who the investors are? Or is that a "NO"?

wildthing202 01-06-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper0220 (Post 57173097)
Did he say who the investors are? Or is that a "NO"?

Of course not, this is the NHL where vetting isn't necessary. They'll take anyone's money.

GKJ 01-06-2013 07:19 AM

Well, isn't this just convenient.

XX 01-06-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKJ (Post 57173427)
Well, isn't this just convenient.

If the target is no longer moving, even Jamison can hit it. Not surprised. Wouldn't be prudent to announce something (and possibly hard to nail down details) before confirmation of having a season/full lockout.

GuelphStormer 01-06-2013 08:01 AM

can someone clarify?

if the purchase is not completed by jan 31, does the AMF lapse? and if so, does the new council then have the legal ability to rework that agreement?

htpwn 01-06-2013 08:22 AM

Not saying it isn't going to happen, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Puckclektr 01-06-2013 08:26 AM

So that means that the coyotes are staying. **** this. I am done with the NHL. I wish the NHL would just give up on these markets and put another one here in Toronto were there is a demand for it. Ballsille proved that there is a demand for tickets here. It is also indicative with the sales of leaf tickets. Yet sales of teams for a lot less money to Nashville Phoenix etc.
The lockout was enough to piss me off. Now I have to continue driving to buffalo or Detroit to watch a game. Because the only way I can get into the acc is to buy from a scalper and it is going to cost me 400 a pair for crappy seats.
Damn you NHL.

Evil Doctor 01-06-2013 08:37 AM

Lets not get ahead of ourselves. Right now, nobody else is reporting this, including AZCentral. Sportsnet's reporting has been very spotty in the past and is pretty much at the same level of your average internet blogger.

I'm beginning to think this is yet another false alarm in a long history of false alarms...

danishh 01-06-2013 08:42 AM

on the verge? so what... two weeks?

cbcwpg 01-06-2013 10:09 AM

They have been "on the verge" for 3 years. Lets wait for the ink to dry and an announcement before getting excited.

Acesolid 01-06-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 57176395)

No! Haven't you heard? It's imminent!

The sale is more imminent then ever! I'd even say that it's the most imminent of imminent deals ever! For real this time! There is no, ZERO chance there isn't a deal imminently. Duh! :sarcasm:

Lux Aurumque* 01-06-2013 11:20 AM

I'm confident that the GWI will step in the moment that a deal is announced. This deal is against Arizona state law. It'll never go through.

No Fun Shogun 01-06-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 57176395)

Pretty much. I'll believe that this whole song and dance is over once Jamison writes the check to the NHL and we find out that it didn't bounce.

Govment Cheese 01-06-2013 12:26 PM

If the deal does get done, i would like to be a fly on the wall for that first cash call to the mystery investors.

Mayor Bee 01-06-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckclektr (Post 57175721)
So that means that the coyotes are staying. **** this. I am done with the NHL. I wish the NHL would just give up on these markets and put another one here in Toronto were there is a demand for it. Ballsille proved that there is a demand for tickets here. It is also indicative with the sales of leaf tickets. Yet sales of teams for a lot less money to Nashville Phoenix etc.
The lockout was enough to piss me off. Now I have to continue driving to buffalo or Detroit to watch a game. Because the only way I can get into the acc is to buy from a scalper and it is going to cost me 400 a pair for crappy seats.
Damn you NHL.

So...you're giving up on the NHL because a team is staying put?

That's like the time I heard, "You're too good to work here, so we're letting you go." Fired for my own good.

No Fun Shogun 01-06-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckclektr (Post 57175721)
Damn you NHL.

No offense, but it sounds like you should be more pissed at the Leafs for charging so much than you are for other teams charging less.... nobody's forcing you, or any other Leafs fan, to buy said tickets, after all.

DyerMaker66 01-06-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun (Post 57189507)
No offense, but it sounds like you should be more pissed at the Leafs for charging so much than you are for other teams charging less.... nobody's forcing you, or any other Leafs fan, to buy said tickets, after all.

Yeah: "Pay 300 bucks a seat or don't watch hockey at all" is a great choice! Way to know your fanbase, NHL! Way to capitalize on underutilized markets! Great business strategy!

Killion 01-06-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayor Bee (Post 57189199)
So...you're giving up on the NHL because a team is staying put?... That's like the time I heard, "You're too good to work here, so we're letting you go." Fired for my own good.

Pretty much.... rather than working with whatever it is your handed, and we certainly completely powerless to determine location, better you should hope for the best, show some concern, empathize. Why the haste to pull pins' I have no idea. Phoenix is salvageable, though the terms with respect to the City of Glendales investment is by almost any measurement beyond their means.

Drake1588 01-06-2013 01:12 PM

If I were expanding, I'd probably go to the Golden Horseshoe first. Only then do you look at Quebec City, Seattle, Kansas City, Las Vegas, etc.

That said, I'm hoping the NHL doesn't have to pull the plug on markets. As ever, I'm hoping the ownership situation stabilizes in Phoenix.

No Fun Shogun 01-06-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 (Post 57191585)
Yeah: "Pay 300 bucks a seat or don't watch hockey at all" is a great choice! Way to know your fanbase, NHL! Way to capitalize on underutilized markets! Great business strategy!

And, again, sounds like Leafs fans should be more ticked at the Leafs organization for being adamantly opposed to letting a second team in Toronto, the GTA, or even Southern Ontario in Hamilton for so long when the demand's clearly there.

Also.... didn't realize that buying tickets was the only way to watch hockey in Toronto. Did Bill Wirtz become the Leafs owner when I wasn't looking?

OthmarAmmann 01-06-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun (Post 57192653)
And, again, sounds like Leafs fans should be more ticked at the Leafs organization for being adamantly opposed to letting a second team in Toronto, the GTA, or even Southern Ontario in Hamilton for so long when the demand's clearly there.

Also.... didn't realize that buying tickets was the only way to watch hockey in Toronto. Did Bill Wirtz become the Leafs owner when I wasn't looking?

Why? The secondary market price is higher than the primary. Maybe you mean he should be pissed off at other fans for liking hockey so much as to drive up the cost of scarce tickets? Or pissed off at the NHL at allowing contrived scarcity? Because he said the latter.

No Fun Shogun 01-06-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas L (Post 57196663)
Why? The secondary market price is higher than the primary. Maybe you mean he should be pissed off at other fans for liking hockey so much as to drive up the cost of scarce tickets? Or pissed off at the NHL at allowing contrived scarcity? Because he said the latter.

What scarcity is the League allowing? The Leafs have been the biggest opponents of adding another team anywhere in Southern Ontario (also Buffalo for Hamilton, but they're a significantly weaker voice in the BoG). All that the NHL has done is agree with them so as to avoid a fight with a powerful ownership group. I don't fault the Leafs for charging as much as they do, because the demand's there and it's only logical to charge as much as you can get away with. Basic capitalism. Getting angry at the NHL but not the Leafs on this is nonsensical, though.

DyerMaker66 01-06-2013 03:42 PM

Who says I'm not angry with the Leafs? There are many reasons why I hate that organization and that just happens to be one of them.

But they support fighting with the NY ownership? And LA's ownership?

And guess what: There's so much demand for it they're actually underutilizing their market and leaving money on the table. Hell, they're losing money keeping franchises in places where people don't support them.

And using this logic, aren't the Coyotes anti-capitalism? Since capitalism is the creation of goods and services for profit and the Coyotes fail to do so?

Hawker14 01-06-2013 03:50 PM

Great news for Coyotes fans, if true !!!

See the rest of you back here in about 18 months.

:sarcasm: