HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Predict the buyouts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1316835)

DDIHH 01-06-2013 08:06 AM

Predict the buyouts
 
So, tweeter says there will be 2 "cap free" buyouts per team over the next two seasons.

So, wich player will be bought out by your team?

In habsland, it's pretty safe to guess it'll be Scott Gomez ;)

blasted_Sabre 01-06-2013 08:09 AM

No one in Toronto. Weve got 6m in room now. Now if Burke acquires a couple big names and the departing salaries dont cover the difference then Connolly or Komisarek.

Vitto79 01-06-2013 08:09 AM

The obvious Wade Redden for the Rangers..........the guy was a trooper and went down to the AHL and did a good job helping develop kids like McDonaugh........hope he can land an NHL deal as a 3rd pair Dman.

After that I don't think anyone else this yr but next yr they will have to look at buying out Mike Rupp just because you can't pay a 4th liner 1.5 million a yr. This yr though they have the cap space and Rupp is a good tough guy to have around

Vitto79 01-06-2013 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre (Post 57175045)
No one in Toronto. Weve got 6m in room now. Now if Burke acquires a couple big names and the departing salaries dont cover the difference then Connolly or Komisarek.

Komisarek HAS to be gone on a buyout next yr though. I do understand keeping him around if they have plenty of cap space now but that was a BAD signing. As for Connoly is he not a UFA next yr? If so they give him a chance this yr for sure agreed

Exit Dose 01-06-2013 08:11 AM

Depending on how Souray plays in his first year, he's the only candidate I see in Anaheim.

danishh 01-06-2013 08:16 AM

ottawa - no point. Only high paid players are spezza, karlsson, gonchar (UFA), michalek, and alfie (UFA).

even if methot busts in ottawa, he's only 3M, so probably not.

Jimbo7200 01-06-2013 08:19 AM

Can't see anyone from Detroit being bought out. Maybe Cleary? He's a UFA after this season though. I'd guess it will depend on how much pressure Babcock can put on Holland to give him the kids in GR.

Mukfors 01-06-2013 08:21 AM

What about Bryzgalov? He earns way to much for way to long. But the flyers still need him in the net

Fourier 01-06-2013 08:22 AM

If the buyouts can be used in either the 2013 or 2014 offseason then this changes things. A cap of $64.3M gives teams a lot more breathing room. The crunch might actually come in the 2014-2015 season.

Ola 01-06-2013 08:24 AM

Will we see trade and buyouts?

IE big market teams take on a contract + assets and buys them out?

Vitto79 01-06-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourier (Post 57175523)
If the buyouts can be used in either the 2013 or 2014 offseason then this changes things. A cap of $64.3M gives teams a lot more breathing room. The crunch might actually come in the 2014-2015 season.

so can guys not get bought out this yr? still unsure on that

Mike Jones 01-06-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola (Post 57175635)
Will we see trade and buyouts?

IE big market teams take on a contract + assets and buys them out?

I'm wondering about this as well.

BTW - did anyone catch when the buyouts happen? Is there a buyout period prior to the beginning of this season (IE - next week or something like that)?

blasted_Sabre 01-06-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 57175109)
Komisarek HAS to be gone on a buyout next yr though. I do understand keeping him around if they have plenty of cap space now but that was a BAD signing. As for Connoly is he not a UFA next yr? If so they give him a chance this yr for sure agreed

He doesnt have to go anywhere. Were not pressed against the cap this season and next season we have TONS of room.

Burke, as of this summer, still liked Komisarek for his locker room values. And we can always hope playing under a defensive oriented system will make him a dcent player again.

As for Connolly, he only goes if we acquire a lot of salary before this season and the outgoing salary doesnt cover the differance. Like 12-13m (if burke gets a goalie and first line C, for instance). Unlikely but I think hes the one with the short straw in that circumstance.

Vitto79 01-06-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Jones (Post 57175747)
I'm wondering about this as well.

BTW - did anyone catch when the buyouts happen? Is there a buyout period prior to the beginning of this season (IE - next week or something like that)?

yes someone please clarify. Paranoid the Rangers will be stuck with Reddens cap hit this yr since they cant buy him out till next

blasted_Sabre 01-06-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitto79 (Post 57176027)
yes someone please clarify. Paranoid the Rangers will be stuck with Reddens cap hit this yr since they cant buy him out till next

Do we know if buried cap hits count against the cap?

oilersfan11 01-06-2013 08:39 AM

I think the Oilers will only buyout one player.



Shawn Horcoff

this providence 01-06-2013 08:41 AM

Minnesota Wild will likely have no one.

The only real possibilities would be someone like Darroll Powe or Torrey Mitchell and they'll obviously have this season to prove they can stick around. Not to mention they could be moved in a very minor trade.

DDIHH 01-06-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Jones (Post 57175747)
I'm wondering about this as well.

BTW - did anyone catch when the buyouts happen? Is there a buyout period prior to the beginning of this season (IE - next week or something like that)?

From tsn.ca live blog:

Each team will be allowed two amnesty buyouts that can be used to terminate contracts after this season and next season. The buyouts will count against the players' overall share in revenues, but not the team's salary cap.

TorstenFrings 01-06-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre (Post 57176097)
Do we know if buried cap hits count against the cap?

If they do (personally I hope they will), it would be starting next season, so plenty of time to buy out Redden.

Qward 01-06-2013 08:46 AM

If a team has a buyout on the books already, can they have that scratched off their cap?

ie Bobby Butler for the Senators.
2012/13 50k
2013/14 200k

Not that it is going to hurt the Sens, just curious.

ScoreZeGoals 01-06-2013 08:50 AM

No buyouts for the Kings

Captain Saku 01-06-2013 08:52 AM

Many candidates with habs

Gomez
Bourque
Kaberle

And maybe Prust if he craps the bed in his first season.

Vitto79 01-06-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Saku (Post 57176815)
Many candidates with habs

Gomez
Bourque
Kaberle

And maybe Prust if he craps the bed in his first season.

this should help Montreal, they are stuck this yr but next Kaberle and Gomez make sense to dump. Kaberle has this yr to bounce back or see ya!

Bish please 01-06-2013 08:57 AM

Mattias Ohlund for Tampa Bay.

Mike Jones 01-06-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDIHH (Post 57176353)
From tsn.ca live blog:

Each team will be allowed two amnesty buyouts that can be used to terminate contracts after this season and next season. The buyouts will count against the players' overall share in revenues, but not the team's salary cap.

Weird - you'd think teams would want at least one buyout right off the bat.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.