HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Amnesty Buyouts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1316971)

TorMenT 01-06-2013 10:33 AM

Amnesty Buyouts

I'm not exactly positive on how they work, but it looks like every team under this new CBA is allowed 2 buyouts after this season, partly to help get down to the new cap. On 670 The Score this morning the 2 names listed to buyout for the Blackhawks were Montador and, surprisingly Hossa.

Just throwing it out there. Maybe someone can explain the buyouts a little better or has other players they would rather buyout.

I would buyout Montador and Olesz.

MurrayBannerman 01-06-2013 10:41 AM

I agree on Montador and Olesz if Olesz counts against the cap. If not, Montador and Frolik.

Ace Rothstein 01-06-2013 10:47 AM

You have to keep all options on the table. If Hossa has another head injury this year, you might have to go that route.

Hawkaholic 01-06-2013 10:51 AM

Word is you can have one this summer and one the following summer if you choose.

Buy out Olesz this summer, wait to see who to buy out the following summer based on next years season.

xX Hot Fuss 01-06-2013 10:57 AM

That would be so terrible to buy out Hossa. Not terribly unrealistic but just awful to think about

brtriad 01-06-2013 11:04 AM

Montador and Olesz would be my guesses.

Martini* 01-06-2013 11:06 AM

The Score is dead on with the two.

You are gonna have to buy out Hossa. It was inevitable with his history of injury as of late and the length of his contract.

The Hawks are just being financially responsible, cant blame them.

xX Hot Fuss 01-06-2013 11:08 AM

Hossa would have to be Savardian unhealthy for the hawks to do it.

No free agent would ever come to Chicago again if they bought out a big name elite player because his play dips after a major injury.

Illinihockey 01-06-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 57184083)

No free agent would ever come to Chicago again if they bought out a big name elite player because his play dips after a major injury.

Free agents will go where the money is. Philly will but out Briz and Pronger and they'll continue to get free agents

Martini* 01-06-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Well, the contract was a joke from the beginning, lets not forget that.
Quote:

Its a buyers market, sure they will come.

Hawkaholic 01-06-2013 11:19 AM

I wouldnt be completely against buying out Hossa. Maybe they can buy him out and then re-sign him to a shorter/less money contract?

If we lose him completely, our team will go further down the drain.

Cullksinikers 01-06-2013 11:21 AM

No on Hossa.

Frolik and Montador for sure. Stanton and Olsen need looks at some point. Monty's head will explode sooner or later. Frolik is all about getting in the right areas and not cashing in.

puterwiz53 01-06-2013 11:42 AM

It may be possible to circumvent the new CBA whereas a team buys out a player and then re-signs them to a long term lower salary to fit better under the cap. Not sure if this will be possible under the new CBA until we are filled in on the exact contents of the new CBA. Of any of the bigger contracts, Hossa's makes the most sense in buying out and then either Olesz or Montador.

Blackhawkswincup 01-06-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 57184915)
No on Hossa.

Frolik and Montador for sure. Stanton and Olsen need looks at some point. Monty's head will explode sooner or later. Frolik is all about getting in the right areas and not cashing in.

Frolik has 1 yr left after this season at 2.33M cap hit (1.9M actual salary)

Buying him out is waste of a buyout ,, He is tradeable if need be

Cullksinikers 01-06-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 57186367)
Frolik has 1 yr left after this season at 2.33M cap hit (1.9M actual salary)

Buying him out is waste of a buyout ,, He is tradeable if need be

I like how you bring up wastes when you consider he's a waste of a roster spot.

Hawkaholic 01-06-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 57186501)
I like how you bring up wastes when you consider he's a waste of a roster spot.

I agree, but he shouldn't be bought out, doesn't make as much sense as others.

xX Hot Fuss 01-06-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 57184743)
I wouldnt be completely against buying out Hossa. Maybe they can buy him out and then re-sign him to a shorter/less money contract?

If we lose him completely, our team will go further down the drain.

Yeah that will go well...

Bowman: "Hey Marian, remember that MASSIVE contract you signed that would have you get paid millions of $$$ for the next 10 years?"

Hossa: "Yeah of course i do! I love that contract and the millions of $$$!"

Bowman: "Great well since you were throttled by Torres and we're not sure if you're going to be the same player again we're going to buy you out. But then we're going to give you a NEW contract where you make less money and for not as long! Sound good?"

Hossa: "Sure! I love making less money! I also love signing new contracts after we already agree to a contract a few years ago! Thanks Mr. Bowman!"

SugarKane88 01-06-2013 11:54 AM

You can't re-sign a player you just bought out.

Buying out Hossa is a dumb idea anyway. His cap hit isn't bad at all.

Cullksinikers 01-06-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 57186765)
I agree, but he shouldn't be bought out, doesn't make as much sense as others.

I prefer him to be bought out. Unless I completely missed something (Olesz counting against the cap), I'd try to flip Frolik for a seventh-round pick. If no deal, buy his sorry ass out. I don't even want to get into his fluke playoff performances.

Hawkaholic 01-06-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 57187113)
I prefer him to be bought out. Unless I completely missed something (Olesz counting against the cap), I'd try to flip Frolik for a seventh-round pick. If no deal, buy his sorry ass out. I don't even want to get into his fluke playoff performances.

Olesz is obvious, Monty and even Oduya make more sense than Frolik. And I like Oduya.

Cullksinikers 01-06-2013 12:04 PM

They aren't going to apply it to Oduya right after an extension. If Stanley thought the deal was dumb, he would not have offered it to him in the first place.

EbonyRaptor 01-06-2013 12:06 PM

Does anyone know whether AHL contracts (like Olesz) will count against the cap or can teams still buy salary in the AHL?

Sarava 01-06-2013 12:09 PM

Unless the Hawks and Hossa know something that we don't...there's no way in hell that Hossa gets bought out. He's one of our best players.

Hawkaholic 01-06-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss (Post 57186801)
Yeah that will go well...

Bowman: "Hey Marian, remember that MASSIVE contract you signed that would have you get paid millions of $$$ for the next 10 years?"

Hossa: "Yeah of course i do! I love that contract and the millions of $$$!"

Bowman: "Great well since you were throttled by Torres and we're not sure if you're going to be the same player again we're going to buy you out. But then we're going to give you a NEW contract where you make less money and for not as long! Sound good?"

Hossa: "Sure! I love making less money! I also love signing new contracts after we already agree to a contract a few years ago! Thanks Mr. Bowman!"

Pretty sure Hossa would get 2/3s of whats left on his current contract, and then he would also get his new contract, which could make him more money in the end.

Cullksinikers 01-06-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarava (Post 57187923)
Unless the Hawks and Hossa know something that we don't...there's no way in hell that Hossa gets bought out. He's one of our best players.

Hey, you, stop bringing logic into this.