HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Ryan O'Reilly (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1317025)

Razor29 01-06-2013 11:21 AM

Ryan O'Reilly
 
Before all the threads about O'Reilly start popping up, let me just say I do think he will re-sign with the Avalanche fairly shortly now that a CBA deal has been reached.

However, if a deal cannot be reached between the Avalanche and O'Reilly, what would you offer as a fan of another team to land him?

Vankiller Whale 01-06-2013 11:40 AM

Edler + wing prospect for ROR + (preferably NHL ready)defensive prospect.

Just spitballing, though.

Sasso09 01-06-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57186077)
Edler + wing prospect for ROR + (preferably NHL ready)defensive prospect.

Just spitballing, though.

Avs say no unless they have reason to believe ROR won't resign. ROR > Edler value wise.

Ivan13 01-06-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57186077)
Edler + wing prospect for ROR + (preferably NHL ready)defensive prospect.

Just spitballing, though.

Absolutely terrible.

TorstenFrings 01-06-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasso09 (Post 57186231)
Avs say no unless they have reason to believe ROR won't resign. ROR > Edler value wise.

"if a deal cannot be reached between the Avalanche and O'Reilly" was the whole premise for the post though. :p:

Vankiller Whale 01-06-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kratzbuerste (Post 57186523)
"if a deal cannot be reached between the Avalanche and O'Reilly" was the whole premise for the post though. :p:

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm not going to try to overpay to pry him away from the Avs unless he wanted out.

Ivan13 01-06-2013 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57186707)
Yeah, that's what I thought. I'm not going to try to overpay to pry him away from the Avs unless he wanted out.

Even if he wants out he'll fetch a lot more than an upcoming UFA.

Vankiller Whale 01-06-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 57187447)
Even if he wants out he'll fetch a lot more than an upcoming UFA.

Without a contract in place?

And that's ignoring the fact that Edler > ROR anyways.

Badger Mayhew 01-06-2013 12:10 PM

I don't see this thread getting far. After all, an Avs player is involved, and we all know that every Avs player is a golden god.

Ivan13 01-06-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57187843)
Without a contract in place?

And that's ignoring the fact that Edler > ROR anyways.

Do you understand the difference between UFA's and RFA's? Avs don't have to trade O'Reilly if they don't want to.

Sasso09 01-06-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57187843)
Without a contract in place?

And that's ignoring the fact that Edler > ROR anyways.

Edler > ROR is debatable.... As of right now... Edler may slightly be the better player... slightly... Going forward it's radar without a doubt. And Edler is the only Canuck I like

CREW99AW 01-06-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew (Post 57187985)
I don't see this thread getting far. After all, an Avs player is involved, and we all know that every Avs player is a golden god.

C'mon.

The problem isn't Avs fans overrating ROR. I think it's being offered an impending ufa, who's looking for a big payday, in exchange for ROR.

Vankiller Whale 01-06-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 57188361)
Do you understand the difference between UFA's and RFA's? Avs don't have to trade O'Reilly if they don't want to.

It doesn't matter if O'Reilly doesn't have to play for them. If the Avs choice is to trade ROR for a solid return or watch him play overseas until his RFA status expires, which do you think they would do?

Vankiller Whale 01-06-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasso09 (Post 57188403)
Edler > ROR is debatable.... As of right now... Edler may slightly be the better player... slightly... Going forward it's radar without a doubt. And Edler is the only Canuck I like

How is it Radar without a doubt? A 50 point defenseman is better than a 50 point forward. I guess one can assume O'Reilly will end up being a 70 point player(which personally I think is unlikely), but it's not like Edler's a finished product either. Most defensemen enter their prime in their late 20s. How was Chara valued at 27? He became a much better player with experience.

and @CREW99AW

How is Edler looking for a big payday? Or how is he any different than O'Reilly, who according to the OP's premise, cannot agree on a contract with the Avs? I haven't heard any rumours about Edler wanting to leave due to contract issues.

Dolph Ziggler 01-06-2013 12:42 PM

In the incredibly unlikely event that a deal couldn't be reached, what would Colorado be looking for? Blues have wingers and perhaps the Avs want one of them in a deal with picks/other pieces?

The Mars Volchenkov 01-06-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Inglorious One (Post 57189879)
In the incredibly unlikely event that a deal couldn't be reached, what would Colorado be looking for? Blues have wingers and perhaps the Avs want one of them?

Top 3 defenseman, no doubt. The Avs seem pretty set up front, but need help on D and a partner for EJ.

Ivan13 01-06-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57189449)
It doesn't matter if O'Reilly doesn't have to play for them. If the Avs choice is to trade ROR for a solid return or watch him play overseas until his RFA status expires, which do you think they would do?

Edler isn't a solid return. Why in the God's name would they trade O'Reilly for a rental when they could get much more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Inglorious One (Post 57189879)
In the incredibly unlikely event that a deal couldn't be reached, what would Colorado be looking for? Blues have wingers and perhaps the Avs want one of them in a deal with picks/other pieces?

Avs want the same thing as the Blues, young LH d-man with top pairing potential.

Vankiller Whale 01-06-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 57190087)
Edler isn't a solid return. Why in the God's name would they trade O'Reilly for a rental when they could get much more.

Avs want the same thing as the Blues, young LH d-man with top pairing potential.

I'd like to see how many much better offers you get. Edler is already a top pairing(borderline #1) defenseman, LH offensive defenseman who would perfectly compliment Johnson. I don't know who else you have your eyes on, maybe Gardiner from the Leafs? Leddy from the Hawks?

Sasso09 01-06-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57189843)
How is it Radar without a doubt? A 50 point defenseman is better than a 50 point forward. I guess one can assume O'Reilly will end up being a 70 point player(which personally I think is unlikely), but it's not like Edler's a finished product either. Most defensemen enter their prime in their late 20s. How was Chara valued at 27? He became a much better player with experience.

and @CREW99AW

How is Edler looking for a big payday? Or how is he any different than O'Reilly, who according to the OP's premise, cannot agree on a contract with the Avs? I haven't heard any rumours about Edler wanting to leave due to contract issues.

Elders been in the league 5 years and hasn't scored 50 points once....ROR has been in it 3 years and already has.... I think it's safe to say you're underestimating RORs numbers and over estimating elders... Now let's compare the other side of there games.. Edler is an offensive forward and is better offensively than defensively.. ROR is much better defensively and one of the top 10 defensive forwards in the league...

Sasso09 01-06-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57190475)
I'd like to see how many much better offers you get. Edler is already a top pairing(borderline #1) defenseman, LH offensive defenseman who would perfectly compliment Johnson. I don't know who else you have your eyes on, maybe Gardiner from the Leafs? Leddy from the Hawks?

Gardner and Leddy with contracts are much better returns than Edler without one... That's the point you're missing

northernKing 01-06-2013 12:53 PM

Bernier and Loktionov?

Mystlyfe 01-06-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivan13 (Post 57187447)
Even if he wants out he'll fetch a lot more than an upcoming UFA.

I don't know about that. I don't think a player with a KHL deal in place and who had already used that deal to get out of another team would really command that much value. ROR in a vacuum is worth a lot. ROR in a contract dispute isn't.

Vankiller Whale 01-06-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasso09 (Post 57190547)
Elders been in the league 5 years and hasn't scored 50 points once....ROR has been in it 3 years and already has.... I think it's safe to say you're underestimating RORs numbers and over estimating elders... Now let's compare the other side of there games.. Edler is an offensive forward and is better offensively than defensively.. ROR is much better defensively and one of the top 10 defensive forwards in the league...

:huh:

Anyways, over the past 3 seasons Edler has averaged 49 points over 82 games. So I'm sorry if I called him a 50 point defenseman. And how do you consider ROR better than Edler defensively, if they play completely different positions? I'd say with certainty that Edler is better defensively, because he is a defenseman.

Meanwhile ROR only has one season with more than 26 points. There's no guarantee he'll be able to improve upon last season, or even to maintain it.

MessierII 01-06-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystlyfe (Post 57190863)
I don't know about that. I don't think a player with a KHL deal in place and who had already used that deal to get out of another team would really command that much value. ROR in a vacuum is worth a lot. ROR in a contract dispute isn't.

Don't expect anyone to understand that.

Ivan13 01-06-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57190475)
I'd like to see how many much better offers you get. Edler is already a top pairing(borderline #1) defenseman, LH offensive defenseman who would perfectly compliment Johnson. I don't know who else you have your eyes on, maybe Gardiner from the Leafs? Leddy from the Hawks?

Avs are building a team for the future, so 3 or 4 months of Edler mean almost nothing to them. I can't believe you can't understand why Edler isn't interesting to the Avs, in the end if he if Edler really wants to sign with the Avs he can easily do it in the offseason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernKing (Post 57190739)
Bernier and Loktionov?

Why would Colorado want Bernier?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.