HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Lockout over: The GOOD VIBE Thread! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1317073)

IslesBeBack* 01-06-2013 12:27 PM

Lockout over: The GOOD VIBE Thread!
 
Quote:

After 113 days and a 16-hour negotiation marathon that wrapped up at 5am et on Sunday morning, a tentative deal on a new 10-year collective bargaining agreement has been reached between the National Hockey League and NHL Players' Association. Follow TSN, TSN.ca, TSN Mobile and TSN Radio for all the news and updates as they follow
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412844


Hi all,

Welcome back to all of the Islanders fans out there, but more importantly, welcome back to New York Islanders hockey.

It hasn't been easy, but this is a thread where we can all remain positive and keep our hopes high for the upcoming shortened season.

I look forward to chatting with you all as we go on to win the division this year.

That's right, the division is ours. Tavares will lead us to first place in what will be the first of many amazing seasons from our future captain.

Share in the positive vibes, stay happy, and most of all, share in the OPTIMISM.

We are adding:

A former 40 goal scorer
a 60 point defenseman
A tough as nails defenseman
and toughness to our fourth line

It's been too long without all of you! Welcome back!

nyiguy21 01-06-2013 12:37 PM

Not that I dislike the optimism, but don't get too excited, bud. Last time you got this excited you ended up abandoning the Islanders during the season to become a Capitals fan because you were disappointed.

To go along with this thread though, Tavares seems like he will be able to snipe some shots from further out. Also, Tavares is already in game shape so he should come out flying. The PP should really be fun to watch with Visnovsky and Streit on the point.

seawolves 01-06-2013 12:38 PM

Since when have you jumped back on the Islanders bandwagon?

nyiguy21 01-06-2013 12:40 PM

I also still remember this and am waiting for your account deactivation.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=214

bvon44 01-06-2013 12:44 PM

Can't wait for Law's GDTs!

Brunomics 01-06-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesBeBack (Post 57188959)
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412844


Hi all,

Welcome back to all of the Islanders fans out there, but more importantly, welcome back to New York Islanders hockey.

It hasn't been easy, but this is a thread where we can all remain positive and keep our hopes high for the upcoming shortened season.

I look forward to chatting with you all as we go on to win the division this year.

That's right, the division is ours. Tavares will lead us to first place in what will be the first of many amazing seasons from our future captain.

Share in the positive vibes, stay happy, and most of all, share in the OPTIMISM.

We are adding:

A former 40 goal scorer(39 goals the past 3 seasons after his 43 and 33 goal years)
a 60 point defenseman(which Vis will show up, last years or the year before that?)
A tough as nails defenseman(Tough Yes, contributes zero offensive output and questionable on the back end some nights but can still put a hurting on another team)
and toughness to our fourth line(Boulton sucks)

It's been too long without all of you! Welcome back!

Too many question marks on the additions.

Knish Of The Crease 01-06-2013 12:56 PM

Hello friends. It's good to be back. Now lets go win the whole f*#^ing thing!

Koobs11 01-06-2013 01:09 PM

Long over due so excited its back and to read and hear all our ups and downs of this season. I honestly have a good feeling about this year we have grit some size and some skill already added to a decent line up I hope baily and ko come back strong and will be interesting to see what strome does...let's go islanders!

macleod50 01-06-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seawolves (Post 57189623)
Since when have you jumped back on the Islanders bandwagon?

My first thought as well. The Caps avatar seems to have disappeared.

Backhand of Justice 01-06-2013 02:12 PM

Too hard to avoid the elephant in the room. How could you all of a sudden just act like everything is all sugarplums and rainbows after what you did last season and ditched the Isles for the Caps?

I'm all for optimism because we do have a lot of promise on the team. But, don't act like everything is all good, acting like you never did anything.

Homeland Security 01-06-2013 02:18 PM

Okay, okay even though IslesBeBack was a little dramatic last season, he is still welcome to post here and so is anyone else for that matter. We've had a rough few years with the whole building debacle and now this CBA. Let's just enjoy that hockey is back and that we have a new home in 2 1/2 years!!!

HajdukSplit 01-06-2013 02:51 PM

About freaking time, finally some sports to watch on a weekday evening :D

CodeE 01-06-2013 02:51 PM

Yeah, I'm happy that hockey's back and less concerned with the guy who started the thread.

As a die-hard fan of both the New York Jets and USC Trojans football team, there has been so much disappointment this year that the Islanders have to do well. Right? RIGHT?

OhNoItsComeau57 01-06-2013 02:54 PM

Not to harsh on too many good vibes but as anyone else nervous that Nabokov is in his late 30s and hasnt played in 8 months? Hopefully he can shake the rust in a hurry.

Islanderfan17 01-06-2013 03:01 PM

Not really getting my hopes up for our Isles, I'm just happy that hockey is back.

My only expectation for this half season is that Tavares continues to be more of a beast than last year.

M Moulson Ale 01-06-2013 03:51 PM

Well I made a thread about predicting the standings and the posts so far aren't that optimistic about the Isles' chances :laugh:

original islander 01-06-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhNoItsComeau57 (Post 57198701)
Not to harsh on too many good vibes but as anyone else nervous that Nabokov is in his late 30s and hasnt played in 8 months? Hopefully he can shake the rust in a hurry.

I was thinking the same, hopefully Cappy will give him a light workload until he's clearly in shape.

Bossyfan71 01-06-2013 07:42 PM

I am looking forward to som Islanders Hockey. Ill be thrilled if they make the playoffs.

Mike

Marlo Stanfield 01-07-2013 12:19 PM

Positive side is that we avoided out usual November/December slumps where we only get 10 points between those two :laugh:

Sooooooo.......playoffs?

dok101 01-07-2013 12:24 PM

Looking forward to some hockey. Finally.

Fantom 01-07-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesBeBack (Post 57188959)
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412844


Hi all,

Welcome back to all of the Islanders fans out there, but more importantly, welcome back to New York Islanders hockey.

It hasn't been easy, but this is a thread where we can all remain positive and keep our hopes high for the upcoming shortened season.

I look forward to chatting with you all as we go on to win the division this year.

That's right, the division is ours. Tavares will lead us to first place in what will be the first of many amazing seasons from our future captain.

Share in the positive vibes, stay happy, and most of all, share in the OPTIMISM.

We are adding:

A former 40 goal scorer
a 60 point defenseman
A tough as nails defenseman
and toughness to our fourth line

It's been too long without all of you! Welcome back!

you were supposed to deactivate your account. How come you have not ?

Homeland Security 01-07-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct (Post 57196261)
Okay, okay even though IslesBeBack was a little dramatic last season, he is still welcome to post here and so is anyone else for that matter. We've had a rough few years with the whole building debacle and now this CBA. Let's just enjoy that hockey is back and that we have a new home in 2 1/2 years!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantom (Post 57241519)
you were supposed to deactivate your account. How come you have not ?

See my QP above.

Fantom 01-07-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct (Post 57242373)
See my QP above.

I did not say anything wrong or attack the poster. I was just wondering why his account was active. He was the one who said he would delete his account

OlTimeHockey 01-07-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantom (Post 57247407)
I did not say anything wrong or attack the poster. I was just wondering why his account was active. He was the one who said he would delete his account

First stage of being an Islander fan: Denial. They didn't just ink Marty Reasoner and Jay Pandolfo! No! Nino is gonna get a tryout??? He sucked in camp! Rolston looks like a dead fish.....how is he making more money than the beer vender???

Then comes anger. Change logo. Grief butts in....is that really Bruno Gervaise out there? Did Nino have his head down? Rick isn't hurt but resting?

Bargaining enters. What if we trade Nabby? Can Reinhart step in with Strome and both be phonoms? They won't get outmatched and hurt!

Depression. Another top five? I can't believe it! Fire Cappy, I don't care. I'm never watching this team again!

Acceptance. Another great year! We can turn it around! C'mon guys!

the isle revival 01-08-2013 06:21 PM

'Bout damn time.

So noone pointed it out but guys, we're still in the playoff hunt in late January! :handclap:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.