HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Dallas Stars (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Injury Report: 2013 Injuries Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1317109)

Stars99Lobo37 01-06-2013 01:00 PM

2013 Injuries Thread

Time to get this thread started.

Quote:

‏@StarsInsideEdge Just talked to Dallas Stars coach Glen Gulutzan. Center Derek Roy has been cleared to play.

TrillMike 01-06-2013 01:04 PM

Morrow should be the healthiest he's been in years now. He's been training in Allen with Kari, Daley and a few other guys (I think Fiddler, Bachman, Roy, Fistric... Etc).

FrailSwan 01-06-2013 01:55 PM

Morrow should be a yoga master by now.

piqued 01-06-2013 02:01 PM

I'm not holding out a ton of hope for Morrow to be a changed player. That interview he gave with Heika over the offseason didn't inspire a lot of confidence. It basically boiled down to the fact that there was nothing medically that could be done about his back. How much are various stretching programs and getting rest really going to help? The underlying problem is still there.

Starsfan24 01-06-2013 06:14 PM

Nice to have everyone healthy coming back from where they're playing.

Stars99Lobo37 01-15-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

@StarsInsideEdge Philip Larsen (elbow) and Aaron Rome (groin) were held out of the last part of today's scrimmage as a precaution.
Already starting.

piqued 01-15-2013 02:05 PM

Good God, can you imagine if 2 D get injured in camp after trading Fistric?

Also wouldn't be surprised to see a rash of groin injuries with guys going from 0 to 60 here.

Stars99Lobo37 01-16-2013 02:08 PM

Rome and Larsen updates...

Quote:

@MikeHeika

Stars D Aaron Rome (groin) and Philip Larsen (elbow) held out of practice for precautionary reasons. Expected back Thursday.

BigG44 01-18-2013 11:00 AM

Ohhh ...

Quote:

Brandon Worley ‏@brandonworley

Yikes. RT @dfwsports86: @brandonworley morrow just left ice at practice. Doesn't look good. Got it in head either by puck or stick

BigG44 01-18-2013 11:10 AM

More from Mark:

Quote:

Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge

Brenden Morrow left the ice after colliding with Philip Larsen. Will try to get of update.
Way to go Lars ... there goes Morrow's neck and back .... :sarcasm:

MetalGodAOD* 01-18-2013 11:10 AM

Ugh.

BigG44 01-18-2013 11:11 AM

Concussion possibly ...

Quote:

Brandon Worley ‏@brandonworley

Getting a lot of reports of Morrow possibly hitting his head on ice at practice and needing help off. We'll have an update when available.

Stars99Lobo37 01-18-2013 11:28 AM

So much for Morrow being as healthy as he's ever been statements. :laugh:

piqued 01-18-2013 11:32 AM

Well I feel bad for him if he's hurt. Ultimately this doesn't effect the team's fortunes much.

TrillMike 01-18-2013 11:44 AM

Larsen took out Kari last night. He ran into him in and they both fell in front of the bench.

BigG44 01-18-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piqued (Post 57787499)
Well I feel bad for him if he's hurt. Ultimately this doesn't effect the team's fortunes much.

Especially if it's a head injury. He can't control that. I'd hate for that to be the thing that ends his career. I think we all just assumed it would be the neck or back.

I'm not saying it's a career ender or anything by the way, but you're head bouncing of the ice isn't exactly good for your neck either.

Stars99Lobo37 01-18-2013 12:14 PM

And not bad at all..

Quote:

@MikeHeika

Brenden Morrow said he's fine. just a cut near his eye. Good to go Saturday.

Al Core 01-18-2013 12:21 PM

Larsen's plan to knock Morrow off the 1st PP unit......THWARTED.

ginblossoms 01-18-2013 03:07 PM

so rome is hurt apparently (groin) but is still expected to play this weekend at some point. ostensibly as this year's adam pardy, coupled with pardy's recent comments (see below or click link) regarding his handling last year, is gulutzan potentially playing another game with a veteran (marginal) nhl defender?

Quote:

Pardy expressed his frustration over how the Stars handled last-season’s injury, with coach Glen Gulutzan using him sparingly.

“I talked to the coach, he explained things,” Pardy said. “I just said, ‘You know what, I understand what you’re doing, but just be honest with me. If you’re going to sit me if I’m not playing well enough, just sit me.’ The communication, I felt like there was no honesty. He wasn’t being a straight-shooter to me. ...

“We ... can take criticism. We can handle if somebody yells at us. We’re grown men. I just felt like it didn’t go well. Things got off on the wrong foot. Everything just kind of snowballed. One thing led to another.”
after one nhl season, hopefully gulutzan has learned enough about managing a locker room such that stuff like this is minimized.

not that it ultimately matters much for the stars long-term, but something to observe moving forward perhaps.

txomisc 01-18-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ginblossoms (Post 57799549)
so rome is hurt apparently (groin) but is still expected to play this weekend at some point. ostensibly as this year's adam pardy, coupled with pardy's recent comments (see below or click link) regarding his handling last year, is gulutzan potentially playing another game with a veteran (marginal) nhl defender?

after one nhl season, hopefully gulutzan has learned enough about managing a locker room such that stuff like this is minimized.

not that it ultimately matters much for the stars long-term, but something to observe moving forward perhaps.

I dont get what Pardy is trying to say. Was Gulutzan saying he was injured when he wasnt?

ginblossoms 01-18-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txomisc (Post 57800161)
I dont get what Pardy is trying to say. Was Gulutzan saying he was injured when he wasnt?

that sounds like it was part of it.

there's a link within the link that goes deeper into the issues. i read it as a lack of honesty and communication. it's almost like gulutzan may be hesitant to be straight forward with his thoughts to marginal vets (#12/13 fwds and #6/7 defensemen) at the risk of offending them. i'd guess young guys in those positions would be more amenable to benchings and such.

piqued 01-19-2013 04:07 PM

Apparently Rome is only "80-85 percent", so he could miss more games.

MetalGodAOD* 01-19-2013 04:14 PM

Shades of Pardy from last season.

MetalGodAOD* 01-22-2013 10:50 PM

Gulutzan mentioned in the post-game interview that Whitney can't even really walk right now. Razor mentioned he took a skate right on the laces back in Minny.

What a gamer. Something to keep an eye on though.

Stars99Lobo37 01-22-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD (Post 58138885)
Gulutzan mentioned in the post-game interview that Whitney can't even really walk right now. Razor mentioned he took a skate right on the laces back in Minny.

What a gamer. Something to keep an eye on though.

Ack. Not good.

As I said in the GT, thank God we don't have a back to back until next week. Get home and rest up a bit.