HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Male Advice Thread I: Everybody Needs Somebody to Love (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1317183)

Deficient Mode 01-06-2013 02:01 PM

Male Advice Thread I: Everybody Needs Somebody to Love

Having troubles understanding men? Not sure he's into you or getting unwanted attention? Post here about it.

Quote:

4) Offensive Posts, Links or Images: No NSFW content. NSFW ("Not Safe For Work") is defined as anything that most people would not want their bosses, parents, and/or teachers to see. Do not use profanity, racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs and stereotypes, or post sexually-oriented material, masturbatory and excretory references, or any other offensive material. This includes "Victim Pictures" of people and animals after they have been through some form of bodily trauma, "Goatse" - Photographic picture featuring the rear end of anatomy, "Tubgirl" - Photographic picture featuring creative uses of anatomy and liquids, and pedophilic jokes (ones about having sex with children). Nude and semi-nude images are not to be posted here. That includes your avatar. These are not "Babe" forums for displaying content that belongs in swimsuit calendars or lingerie catalogues.
Do not circumvent the obscenity filter by using numbers or characters such as ! or $. A word's exclusion from the obscenity filter does not mean its usage is endorsed. If it's offensive, don't use it.
We have members from different countries, religions, and cultural backgrounds. Even if you express a point of view that is very popular in your culture, it may generate a negative reaction from members in another part of the world so please exercise tact.

Mike Emrick 01-06-2013 02:02 PM

http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-co...x-magazine.jpg

If I were female I would swoon head over heels for Lundy.

BPR* 01-06-2013 02:22 PM

I am often reminded of some words of wisdom from Western philosopher Ricky Bobby "you gotta give loving to get loving, shoot, everybody knows that." My question is, how should one deal with a guy who doesn't know that?

Deficient Mode 01-06-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim Charles (Post 57196507)
I am often reminded of some words of wisdom from Western philosopher Ricky Bobby "you gotta give loving to get loving, shoot, everybody knows that." My question is, how should one deal with a guy who doesn't know that?

Remind him of the dictum (in most religions) that "what you give is what you get." Some good old-fashioned guilt should do the trick.

f1nn 01-06-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim Charles (Post 57196507)

Well let me just quote the late great Colonel Sanders who said..."I'm too drunk to taste this chicken."

Swedish Puck Mafia 01-06-2013 05:50 PM

Being a man, I'd like to think that I know how other men think.

I'm here to help.

Dustin Peener 01-06-2013 07:08 PM

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...77416383_n.jpg

Deficient Mode 01-06-2013 07:23 PM

99, this is not another "make light of women" thread. That's what the Lady Advice thread is for. :)

ThaDevilGirl 01-06-2013 07:37 PM

There are women seeking for male advice on HF?

Deficient Mode 01-06-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 57214541)

The only person who has solicited our advice so far is a man. But all are welcome. :)

Mike Emrick 01-06-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl (Post 57214541)

Please

We have plenty of female posters here

Hopefully they will find this thread and the males here can offer some advice

Mike Emrick 01-06-2013 08:12 PM

In addition to avoid ligitation we have to provide an equal opportunity thread for females

Would be weird to only have a Lady Advice thread without any complement for the opposite gender

StringerBell 01-06-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats (Post 57213217)

- Said Every Woman Ever

But meant by none

Deficient Mode 01-06-2013 08:32 PM

I repeat: this is not a thread for disparaging women. Go elsewhere if you want to do that.

WarriorOfGandhi 01-06-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ixcuincle (Post 57195289)
http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-co...x-magazine.jpg

If I were female I would swoon head over heels for Lundy.

my girlfriend called Lundqvist "really hot". True story.

Orr123 01-06-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imaginary Threats (Post 57213217)

I would like to think MOST women don't think that.

That said, personality IS important. But you need attraction too.

Orr123 01-07-2013 12:02 AM

But I'm a girl, and heck, I have issues at times.

That said, I've been married for like 7 years. But boy oh boy can guys seriously drive you mental!

deytookerjaabs 01-07-2013 12:04 AM

Why would you give advice for what some other dude is responsible for? I had a Child Psychology course as an elective back in my college days. 23 women and me, during the open discussions things would often devolve into "why do guys do......" as if I was representing y'alls. My response upset the women folk: "that's not what guys do, that's what the dudes you choose to associate with in your life do."

Cheli 01-07-2013 02:16 AM

guys how do they work

Billy Mays Here 01-07-2013 02:51 AM

95% of posters in this thread will be men, and I'm one of em'.

jumptheshark 01-07-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deficient Mode (Post 57195203)
Having troubles understanding men? Not sure he's into you or getting unwanted attention? Post here about it.

DUDE

this is a 99% male board--why do we want to understand each other

if we have a problem--he beat the crap out of each other and then go for a beer

however--if we want to start comparing nore how ****ed females and we can not understand their wackiness--I am game for that

WE do not talk about hitting on each other with unwanted attention--unless we on the canuck board

jumptheshark 01-07-2013 04:32 AM

rules for being a man is simple

1) Lie to get into her nickers
2) always use protection
3) Remember the line "Sorry, didn't know she was you mother"
4) Run
5) Deny
6) Lie
7) fly
8) Never cry
9) Always set an alarm in your phone for birthdays and aniverseries--chicks take them seriously

Orr123 01-07-2013 05:24 AM

I feel like the above is likely poor advice in general. Depending on what you actually want.

Hmmm... or more that I think about it... maybe not.

beowulf 01-07-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumptheshark (Post 57228143)
rules for being a man is simple

1) Lie to get into her nickers
2) always use protection
3) Remember the line "Sorry, didn't know she was you mother"
4) Run
5) Deny
6) Lie
7) fly
8) Never cry
9) Always set an alarm in your phone for birthdays and aniverseries--chicks take them seriously

Hence why you have been married 3 times is it? :sarcasm:

Mike Emrick 01-07-2013 05:33 AM

A few years ago we had a "Attractive NHL players" thread :laugh:

EOS