HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Who will lead the Oilers in scoring this year? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1317241)

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 01-06-2013 02:42 PM

Who will lead the Oilers in scoring this year?
 
Last 2 years has been Ebs, I'll go with him again.

Comrade Blunderbore 01-06-2013 02:43 PM

RNH will overtake Eberle this year.

ExOilerFan 01-06-2013 02:44 PM

Eberle

402 01-06-2013 02:56 PM

Its a tough one, toss up RNH or ebs went with nuge don't get me wrong i think Mr. Unsustainable will have a great year. But nuge is a key player for me besides centermen usually pickup more assists

Hitchslap 01-06-2013 03:02 PM

I'll say Hall. He's looking great in the AHL and should be able to stay healthy.

Metamind 01-06-2013 03:04 PM

Eberle playing at an elite level right now, I think RNH will reach that level next year

PaperDesigner 01-06-2013 03:06 PM

Hall is flat-out the most talented non-rookie on this team (I think Yakupov is the best offensive talent of the group). He will post past a point per game this year.

Cam98 01-06-2013 03:07 PM

Hall!!!!

Lion 01-06-2013 03:16 PM

Eberle has been tearing up the AHL and has looked better than Hall and RNH so far so I'll go with him. 55 points in a 48 game season is my prediction.

Insta 01-06-2013 03:23 PM

Ebs because he scores a lot of goals to go with his assists

nvan97 01-06-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karma (Post 57200015)
Eberle has been tearing up the AHL and has looked better than Hall and RNH so far so I'll go with him. 55 points in a 48 game season is my prediction.

He looked better than rnh but i think hall has been as good or better recently.

Oilfan2 01-06-2013 03:43 PM

Eberle may lead the Oil in points but Hall will in goals..The poll says scoring..as in, goals...

Lion 01-06-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvan97 (Post 57200627)
He looked better than rnh but i think hall has been as good or better recently.

I agree with the bolded but in terms of purely point scoring, I think Eberle takes it. Hall has been arguably the best player overall, though.

PaperDesigner 01-06-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oilfan2 (Post 57201623)
Eberle may lead the Oil in points but Hall will in goals..The poll says scoring..as in, goals...

When you google "NHL scoring leaders", the first hit is the NHL website's points totals for last season.

That's traditionally what people mean when they say "scoring" without any further differentiation. Which is why "goal-scoring" is a term that exists--it has to distinguish itself from run-of-the-mill scoring, which typically refers to points totals.

And Hall will still score more than Eberle.

I am the Liquor 01-06-2013 03:47 PM

Lol @ Hemsky.

PaperDesigner 01-06-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 57201843)
Lol @ Hemsky.

He's still a legitimate candidate. Has a long track record of scoring close to a point per game. Could certainly see Eberle fall back, Hall run in place, and end up with him scoring the most points on the team.

Not likely, but there's at least a reasonable scenario imaginable in which it happens.

armandh01 01-06-2013 03:50 PM

Lets say a 50 game season.


Eberle - 52 pts

Hall - 46 pts

RNH - 45

Gagner - 34

Hemsky - 37

Shultz - 29

Yak - 35 if played above 3rd line, 27 if on the 3rd line.

My guesstimation.

shogun99 01-06-2013 03:51 PM

Eberle will score 30 goals on just 20 shots.

Tarus 01-06-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaperDesigner (Post 57201949)
He's still a legitimate candidate. Has a long track record of scoring close to a point per game. Could certainly see Eberle fall back, Hall run in place, and end up with him scoring the most points on the team.

Not likely, but there's at least a reasonable scenario imaginable in which it happens.

He's not getting the push as the primary offensive player on the club anymore, his days as top scorer on the Edmonton Oilers are over.

Ebs is the best bet to lead the team, Hall/RNH backup options.

canovin 01-06-2013 03:53 PM

Hemsky will surprise people

misfit 01-06-2013 04:00 PM

I'll go with the guy who's done it the last 2 years. Of course, a healthy Hall could do a lot of damage.

dustrock 01-06-2013 04:01 PM

Eberle leads the team.

Hall leads league in PP goals.

Gord 01-06-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaperDesigner (Post 57199475)
Hall is flat-out the most talented non-rookie on this team (I think Yakupov is the best offensive talent of the group). He will post past a point per game this year.

but Eberle is the player who does the most of what he has, and he has better hands than Hall.
Eberle will outscore Hall no problem.
If Hall is a ppg, eberle will be above that.

jebs 01-06-2013 05:13 PM

Ebere

tiger_80 01-06-2013 05:16 PM

Horcoff!
Seriously though, if RNH, HAll, and Eberle play together and stay healthy, I think Eberle or Hall will lead the pack in point totals. RNH might still end up being the team MVP though.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.