HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Lubomir Visnovsky (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1317249)

CodeE 01-06-2013 02:48 PM

Lubomir Visnovsky

Whiny little princess doesn't want to play for the Islanders, has dragged his feet at every possible opportunity. If he stays in the KHL, Islanders get nothing and still lose the 2nd round pick to Anaheim.

I'm so sick of this guy already, what does your team want for him? Keeping in mind your team will have to be "good", otherwise he'll sulk and complain to the Russian press.

Bongo the Pirate 01-06-2013 02:55 PM

Just toll the contract. He either comes back to play for the Islanders for one year out of his career or he never plays in the NHL again. Besides, isn't there a transfer agreement/contract honoring between the NHL and KHL? Vis might not be allowed to play in the KHL as it would create problems with that.

Isles Junkie 01-06-2013 02:58 PM

I'm sure he doesn't want to play for the Isles, but I don't think he has any intention of signing with an NHL club next year. So I don't really see any point to tolling the contract.

thrillermiller89 01-06-2013 02:59 PM

Nabokov had the same attitude problem and now he likes playing for the Isles... maybe the same will happen with Vis

DuckEatinShark 01-06-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bongo the Pirate (Post 57198783)
Just toll the contract. He either comes back to play for the Islanders for one year out of his career or he never plays in the NHL again. Besides, isn't there a transfer agreement/contract honoring between the NHL and KHL? Vis might not be allowed to play in the KHL as it would create problems with that.

It reminds me of the Nabokov pick-up you guys had. Sure Nabby sat out a year, but he still had to play for you guys eventually. Lubo will do the same.

boredmale 01-06-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle Junkie (Post 57198981)
So I don't really see any point to tolling the contract.

If nothing else to make a point but it allows us to control his rights if he doesn't come over for 1 more year. We gave up a 2nd rounder for his rights might as well milk it for all it's worth.

CodeE 01-06-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrillermiller89 (Post 57199033)
Nabokov had the same attitude problem and now he likes playing for the Isles... maybe the same will happen with Vis

Different circumstances though. Nabby was claimed off waivers, so we couldn't trade him. It was either release him or toll the contract. Plus, we gave up nothing to acquire him, so tolling his contract and giving him the option of spend a year on the Isles or retire wasn't a big deal.

We gave up a 2nd round pick for Vis, which means we are free to trade him to whoever we want. Just pray your team is deemed "acceptable" in his eyes. Honestly, I'd just like to see what we can recoup, because its looking like we're going to get absolutely nothing from him.

Kershaw 01-06-2013 03:04 PM

2nd Rd. Pick for Visnovsky.

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Visnovsky
Del Zotto-Stralman

CREW99AW 01-06-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CodeE (Post 57198377)
Whiny little princess doesn't want to play for the Islanders, has dragged his feet at every possible opportunity. If he stays in the KHL, Islanders get nothing and still lose the 2nd round pick to Anaheim.

I'm so sick of this guy already, what does your team want for him? Keeping in mind your team will have to be "good", otherwise he'll sulk and complain to the Russian press.

I don't know.

Snow's proven to be a very stubborn gm. Did it make sense to toll the contract of 35 yr old Nabokov? I could see him stubbornly holding onto Vis' rights and tolling them.

Also, with the Russians wanting the NHL to play in the 2014 Olympics, does the KHL ignore that Vis is signed to a NHL contract? Are we going back to transfer and contract disputes between the two leagues, just before the Olympics??

binx bolling 01-06-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CodeE (Post 57198377)

New info? Has he said recently that he won't play for the Isles?

Nuckles 01-06-2013 03:05 PM

Alright, everyone knows this is coming. Say it with me.
Keith Ballard. :laugh:

Exit Dose 01-06-2013 03:05 PM

Did he say that he doesn't want to come back or was it specific to the Islanders?

Vitto79 01-06-2013 03:06 PM

did he not eventually say he will honor the deal? Isles really should get a 2nd rounder back for him if they can move him. Deadline atleast

CodeE 01-06-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tortorella (Post 57199345)
2nd Rd. Pick for Visnovsky.

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Visnovsky
Del Zotto-Stralman

Done. Don't even care if it's the Rags getting him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuckles37 (Post 57199439)

Done.

There's a thread about it in the Islanders forum... basically he wants to stay in the KHL now. I'm sure he'll drag his feet long enough to not show up for training camp.

boredmale 01-06-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 57199441)
Did he say that he doesn't want to come back or was it specific to the Islanders?

http://www.hcslovan.sk/sk/spravy/vis...ou-od-slovanu/

A guy translated this in the Islanders board

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuwo
Wow...In that interview he directly said that he is going to find out, if there is any possibility to stay in Slovan. He doesn't want to do anything behind the Islanders' back, but he is going to make some phone calls tonight to see if it's possible.

Even as a Slovak myself, I don't like the guy. He looks to be the whiniest and the most indecisive hockey player here. First he said he's made a decision to stay, then he said he must discuss it with familly etc. I can't see any possibility, other than the Islanders agree with it, that he doesn't honor his contract with the Isles. However I question his attitude and I don't believe he will give everything he can playing for the Islanders.

excuse my English

Isles Junkie 01-06-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredmale (Post 57199263)
If nothing else to make a point but it allows us to control his rights if he doesn't come over for 1 more year. We gave up a 2nd rounder for his rights might as well milk it for all it's worth.

I'm not entirely sure I want Lubo and his declining skills at age 37. I'm almost positive I won't want him at age 38.

deytookerjaabs 01-06-2013 03:10 PM

Anyone watch him play in the KHL this year? Just wondering how he looks overall.

CREW99AW 01-06-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuckles37 (Post 57199439)

Nah.:laugh:

Say this with me instead...NY Islanders are pleased to select from the Portland Winter Hawks Seth Jones.

CREW99AW 01-06-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs (Post 57199679)
Anyone watch him play in the KHL this year? Just wondering how he looks overall.

From what a few European posters have said, he's played well.

binx bolling 01-06-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle Junkie (Post 57199609)
I'm not entirely sure I want Lubo and his declining skills at age 37. I'm almost positive I won't want him at age 38.

The issue this year is the floor. Right now the isles are 2 mill over. Without Lubo, they are 2 under.

Isles Junkie 01-06-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binx bolling (Post 57200151)
The issue this year is the floor. Right now the isles are 2 mill over. Without Lubo, they are 2 under.

that's nothing that can't be taken care of by rushing Ryan Strome & Griffin Reinhart to the NHL....Maybe Brock Nelson too.

binx bolling 01-06-2013 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isle Junkie (Post 57200291)
that's nothing that can't be taken care of by rushing Ryan Strome & Griffin Reinhart to the NHL....Maybe Brock Nelson too.

Please. I'm trying to dry out from the holidays :facepalm:

CREW99AW 01-06-2013 04:04 PM

Someone on the Isle board posted that in Vis comments, he says he'll ask the isles if he can stay where he's at.

Does he really think that if it's up to Snow, that he'll get an ok?:amazed:

roboninja 01-06-2013 04:09 PM

It seems like he has only played well in California. Is SJ interested?

original islander 01-06-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roboninja (Post 57203183)
It seems like he has only played well in California. Is SJ interested?

Maybe Viz for Murray?