HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Line Combos (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1317433)

PKV Jungle Friends 01-06-2013 06:47 PM

Line Combos

Have at it...

Darth Vitale 01-06-2013 06:49 PM

Dupuis - Sid - Vitale
Kunitz - Geno - Neal
Vitale - Sutter - Cooke
Jeffrey - Vitale - Tangradi

Vitale is a 3 position player. I expect he'll get about 37 min TOI a night.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 01-06-2013 06:51 PM

So much depends on whether/which of Tangradi/Bennett make it. Until that shakes out, I don't have the faintest idea.

I just know I don't want to leave Crosby on an island. He needs Kunitz this year, and ideally we'd add another skilled winger so Dupes can get knocked down to the 3rd line with Sutter.

Darth Vitale 01-06-2013 06:54 PM

As long as Kennedy isn't the one being promoted up to the 1st line; he's an even worse option than Dupuis.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 01-06-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale (Post 57212545)
As long as Kennedy isn't the one being promoted up to the 1st line; he's an even worse option than Dupuis.

For sure.

Jacob 01-06-2013 07:01 PM

Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Dupuis - Crosby - Bennett
Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy
Glass - Vitale - Adams
Tangradi, Jeffrey

Martin - Letang
Orpik - Niskanen
Lovejoy - Engelland
Bortuzzo

Fleury / Vokoun

UnrealMachine 01-06-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacob (Post 57212899)
Kunitz - Malkin - Neal
Dupuis - Crosby - Bennett
Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy
Glass - Vitale - Adams
Tangradi, Jeffrey

Martin - Letang
Orpik - Niskanen
Lovejoy - Engelland
Bortuzzo

Fleury / Vokoun

I'd like to see Lovejoy have a rebound season. He isn't nearly as bad as those couple of games last season that people only seem to remember when evaluating him. He actually has a lot of upside/potential in my opinion.

MrBurghundy 01-06-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnrealMachine (Post 57213319)
I'd like to see Lovejoy have a rebound season. He isn't nearly as bad as those couple of games last season that people only seem to remember when evaluating him. He actually has a lot of upside/potential in my opinion.

He's going to be 29 years old in February... I highly doubt he's anything more than what he's shown at this point in his career.

I hate any lineup that includes Lovejoy, although I do think that's the direction this team will go in since they love veterans, and it's a shortened season.

UnrealMachine 01-06-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBurgundy (Post 57213463)
He's going to be 29 years old in February... I highly doubt he's anything more than what he's shown at this point in his career.

I hate any lineup that includes Lovejoy, although I do think that's the direction this team will go in since they love veterans, and it's a shortened season.

It's not as if he has never played well in the NHL. Two seasons ago he had 17 points and was +11 in 47 games while averaging 15 min/game. Last season was essentially lost due to injuries and improved play from Engelland/Niskanen. If he played like he did 2 seasons ago, he could easily play his way back into the lineup.

MrBurghundy 01-06-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnrealMachine (Post 57213759)
It's not as if he has never played well in the NHL. Two seasons ago he had 17 points and was +11 in 47 games while averaging 15 min/game. Last season was essentially lost due to injuries and improved play from Engelland/Niskanen. If he played like he did 2 seasons ago, he could easily play his way back into the lineup.

He's only ever played well in small doses. Every time he's been given consistent minutes, he's got exposed and his play suffered over time.

He might not be the worst #7, but that's only going to block a more deserving and promising prospect from getting a spot with this team.

Hottubber 01-06-2013 07:26 PM

Optimistically

Kunitz Crosby Bennet
Tangradi Malkin Neal
Cooke Sutter Dupuis
Glass Vitale Kennedy
Adams

Realistically (but still hopeful)

Kunitz Crosby Dupuis
Tangradi Malkin Neal
Cooke Sutter Kennedy
Glass Vitale Adams
Jeffery

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 01-06-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnrealMachine (Post 57213319)

He's not terrible, he's just more of what we already have. Do we really need another unphysical, vanilla defenseman who's not good enough offensively for the PP or good enough defensively for the PK?

BigBenSF* 01-06-2013 07:48 PM

Kunitz Crosby Dupuis
Cooke Malkin Neal
Tangradi Sutter Kennedy
Glass Vitale Adams

Martin Letang
Orpik Nisky
Despres Engelland
Lovejoy

Flower
Vokoun

Eh, I would love to see Bennett opening night but I doubt it would happen.

mpp9 01-06-2013 07:51 PM

I want to see one of Despres/Dumoulin in the lineup come playoffs. A top 6 forward acquisition. Tangradi given a shot with Geno/Neal.

Candyman 01-06-2013 07:51 PM

1a Jeffrey-Malkin-Neal
1b Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
3 Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
4 Glass-Vitale-Tangradi
Adams

Letang-Martin
Orpik-Niskanen
Engellend-Despres
Lovejoy

Fleury/Vokoun

Ogrezilla 01-06-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBenSF (Post 57215083)
Kunitz Crosby Dupuis
Cooke Malkin Neal
Tangradi Sutter Kennedy
Glass Vitale Adams

Martin Letang
Orpik Nisky
Despres Engelland
Lovejoy

Flower
Vokoun

Eh, I would love to see Bennett opening night but I doubt it would happen.

I almost think the same, I just hope Jeffrey is in there and I hope Bortuzzo is the number 7 D. I also switched Cooke and Tangradi, but that's because I want to see what Tangradi can do there. I could see Cooke taking the spot if Tangradi struggles.

Kunitz Crosby Dupuis
Tangradi Malkin Neal
Cooke Sutter Kennedy
Glass Vitale Jeffrey
Adams

Martin Letang
Orpik Nisky
Despres Engelland
Bortuzzo

Flower
Vokoun

Sadly, I don't think there's much chance Adams is out of the starting line-up

Al Smith 01-06-2013 07:56 PM

Jeffrey will be playing ahead of Tangradi and Bennett, assuming he's all the way back from his knee injury. HCDB doesn't seem to like Tangradi's game, and he really hasn't done anything this year at WBS to up his status. Perhaps Bennett will be there by the end of the year, assuming he holds up physically.

Who knows about 5-7 on Defense. From what I've seen and heard, no one has really stood out at WBS. I'm worried about Orpik. I think he's well past his peak, and Martin . . .

Just happy that they'll be playing again.

Ogrezilla 01-06-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Smith (Post 57215455)
Jeffrey will be playing ahead of Tangradi and Bennett, assuming he's all the way back from his knee injury. HCDB doesn't seem to like Tangradi's game, and he really hasn't done anything this year at WBS to up his status. Perhaps Bennett will be there by the end of the year, assuming he holds up physically.

Who knows about 5-7 on Defense. From what I've seen and heard, no one has really stood out at WBS. I'm worried about Orpik. I think he's well past his peak, and Martin . . .

Just happy that they'll be playing again.

Ya Jeffrey is the biggest wild card at forward for this season. I am excited to see what he can do.

stefanh 01-06-2013 08:03 PM

Jeffrey - Malkin - Neal
Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Cooke - Sutter - Kennedy
Glass - Vitale - Adams
(Tangradi)

Orpik - Letang
Martin - Engelland
Niskanen - Bortuzzo
(Strait - Lovejoy)

MAF
Vokoun

MonsterSurge 01-06-2013 08:06 PM

Who Cares - Who Cares - Who Cares
MacIntyre - Vitale - Glass

Jk, jk!

I do like the idea of Joe Vitale playing on every line. He should never leave the ice.

Hottubber 01-06-2013 08:12 PM

I see Jeffery is some people's lineups and while I'm not disagreeing completely, I just don't really like it. He isn't big, not fast, doesn't hit, doesn't seem to be either an exceptional passer nor scorer. He may come to this short camp and prove that his over seas play has helped this year but if its between giving him or tangradi a shot in the line up ill take ET.

They are both pretty much starting from the bottom cause both players fell into DBs doghouse last year

steelcityassault 01-06-2013 08:15 PM

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Tangradi-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams
x-Jeffrey

Letang-Martin
Orpik-Niskanen
Engelland-Bortuzzo
x-Strait

(Trade Lovejoy to Minnesota for a 4th or WAIVED)

Vokoun
Fleury
:naughty:

M0NTY26 01-06-2013 08:24 PM

Unless BB lights the world on fire, theres no need to rush him into a top six position, being centered by Sidney Crosby. That would be awesome if they did just click and BB could hang with the big boys physically, but I don't think it's likely.

This is what I think we stick with early in the season.

Kunitz-Sid-Dupper
Jeffrey-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale/Adams-Vitale/Adams

I really hope we don't see a season of Kennedy in the top six, so I'm hoping we stick with Jeffrey or Tangradi, or use them in a trade to acquire someone else. I'm not sure if everyone remembers how well Jeffrey was progressing before his knee injury, but if he could round back into that form, he could be a serious sleeper. A Jeffrey-Malkin-Neal line could be sick. As could a Kunitz-Sid-Jeffrey line. Nevertheless, assuming we make a trade early, depending on who they target, bump Kunitz down with Geno and give Sid the new toy. I just don't want to see TK in the top six. Dude is horrible in that role. Once we get closer to the TDL, I think we'll make another move for Iginla. He and Sid had chemistry in the Olympics and it's his last year under contract with the Flames. Maybe they will do him a favor and send him to a serious contender. I think we'd be at the top of his list, assuming we're performing well enough to make the playoffs.

As far as defense goes, thats a bit more cloudy since we aren't sure who will be on this team.

Martin-Letang
Orpik-Nisky
Despres-Engo
Lovejoy

I really wish Suter was on that list, but whatever lol. We definitely need to target a defensive d-man that will clean up house in front of Flower. Sure, Letang, Orpik, and Engo can handle people, but I still feel like we're a little weak back there.

The powerplay will be interesting again this year. Unless BB pans out, we're gonna go back to forcing everything along the right side of the ice and the other teams are gonna overload us. We need to find someone for that left wall.

PK should be solid. I know some of us would like to see Geno and Sid out there on the PK, but I'm perfectly fine with them resting. That said, it would also be cool to see a few more shorties this year :D

Then, in net, I'd give the start to Flower, but the moment he slips up, Vokoun is going in to show Flower he has to work hard if he wants to start. Vokoun is going to be great for MAF. This will definitely be the best mentor Flower has had since coming into the league. That's something to get excited about. Vokoun could be Flowers golden ticket to the next level of play. Let's hope.

mpp9 01-06-2013 08:24 PM

It'll be interesting how much Vokoun's puck handling affects our transition.

Also, anyone know if Zatkoff is waiver eligible.

Crafton 01-06-2013 08:27 PM

[if/when] the playoffs commence i wouldn't mind seeing:

Kunitz-Crosby-[Crosby's Neal]/Bennett
[Malkin's Kunitz]-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Dupuis
Glass-Vitale-Jeffrey
Adams

[Martin's Replacement]-Letang
Orpik-Niskanen
Després-Engelland
Bortuzzo

Fleury
Vokoun

that's three acquisitions and i'm guessing Shero only pulls one of 'em off. so that gives us Martin, Kennedy, 1st, Tangradi, Strait and various other assorted assets to make our dreams come true.

Crosby's Neal candidates:
Iggy, Stewart, Clowe, Seto, B.Morrow, Heater, Stĺlberg so on and so forth.

Malkin's Kunitz candidates:
Kulemin, Malone, Tangradi?, who else?

Top Four D-man candidates (probably a rental or 1 year contract) (and probably the least likely acquisition):
Boyle, Gonchar (top PP/bottom ES), who else?