HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Raymond and a top-6 d-man to Ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1317619)

FrontenacSens 01-07-2013 12:20 AM

Raymond and a top-6 d-man to Ottawa
 
Raymond could benefit from a change of scenery, Ottawa would be a good fit if they don't want Silfverberg in the top-6 right away. They also need a defenseman with NHL experience.

ReginKarlssonLehner 01-07-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddz17 (Post 57225183)
Raymond could benefit from a change of scenery, Ottawa would be a good fit if they don't want Silfverberg in the top-6 right away. They also need a defenseman with NHL experience.

Silfverberg would have to have the worst game possible to not be on the top 6. We don't need raymond, we just need a top 4 defender.

Lehner 01-07-2013 12:24 AM

I like Raymond but no need.

mstad101 01-07-2013 12:24 AM

Ballard and Raymond for fill in blank?

hilib 01-07-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstad101 (Post 57225291)
Ballard and Raymond for fill in blank?

Hell, with that deal, picks or a mid-level prospect should be okay, or a 3rd line C... it's essentially a cap-dump from Vancouver's end, but what Raymond brings(great speed, decent pk'ing abilities) make up for Ballard's bad contract, turn it into actually expecting something of (not too much) value returning.

mstad101 01-07-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilib (Post 57226433)
Hell, with that deal, picks or a mid-level prospect should be okay, or a 3rd line C... it's essentially a cap-dump from Vancouver's end, but what Raymond brings(great speed, decent pk'ing abilities) make up for Ballard's bad contract, turn it into actually expecting something of (not too much) value returning.

Ballard n Raymond for Smith n 5th.

Cogburn 01-07-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilib (Post 57226433)
Hell, with that deal, picks or a mid-level prospect should be okay, or a 3rd line C... it's essentially a cap-dump from Vancouver's end, but what Raymond brings(great speed, decent pk'ing abilities) make up for Ballard's bad contract, turn it into actually expecting something of (not too much) value returning.

Seems better then buying him out from our side, I'd rather give him a chance to turn his game back to what it was. Midlevel prospects or a 3rd line C? Anyone in mind?

Ho Borvat 01-07-2013 02:11 AM

I know he just got re-inked but could a Sens fan fill in te blank for me?

Zack Smiths availability is __________?

OMadahey 01-07-2013 02:30 AM

He's available for the right price.
I'd do Ballard and Raymond for condra and a 4th. Maybe switch condra for smith but I like smith wouldn't want him gone he's a good 3rd C, who pks and is tough

Cogburn 01-07-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMadahey (Post 57227215)
He's available for the right price.
I'd do Ballard and Raymond for condra and a 4th. Maybe switch condra for smith but I like smith wouldn't want him gone he's a good 3rd C, who pks and is tough

TBH we wouldn't really have a use for Condra. I like the game he plays, but I just don't see him as a fit here. I like his energy and the way he makes use of what he has, but....it's basically a pure dump of salary for us then, and I think, say, come next season, Ottawa fans will look back at that trade and laugh at how easily they got Ballard and Raymond.

stempniaksen 01-07-2013 02:54 AM

I don't think the Sens particularly need Mason Raymond, even though he gets more flack than he deserves. Could maybe use Keith Ballard, but I'm not sure Sens ownership wants to invest that much money in a #4-#6 defender.

wubwubwubwub 01-07-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cogburn (Post 57227391)
TBH we wouldn't really have a use for Condra. I like the game he plays, but I just don't see him as a fit here. I like his energy and the way he makes use of what he has, but....it's basically a pure dump of salary for us then, and I think, say, come next season, Ottawa fans will look back at that trade and laugh at how easily they got Ballard and Raymond.

I suspect Murray would offer up more than Condra and a 4th but I can't think what. Most of the guys on the team are guys who he really wants on the team. Maybe a 3rd, Gryba and Petersson. Or something. We don't have many expendable assets for salary dumps, although I do agree they could both be welcome additions.

Cogburn 01-07-2013 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stempniaksen (Post 57227443)
I don't think the Sens particularly need Mason Raymond, even though he gets more flack than he deserves. Could maybe use Keith Ballard, but I'm not sure Sens ownership wants to invest that much money in a #4-#6 defender.

Kind of what I thought. I mean Foligno and Raymond, I thought, would make a potent winger duo, but...where on the Sens line up?

As for Ballard, I think a change of scenery gets him to that #4 spot, and long term, could back up Karlsson as a replacement to Gonchar's offence...but with nice big body checks for a little guy.

Neither are particularly stellar players, but they put in solid work night to night, and both need a fresh start.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion (Post 57227483)
I suspect Murray would offer up more than Condra and a 4th but I can't think what. Most of the guys on the team are guys who he really wants on the team. Maybe a 3rd, Gryba and Petersson. Or something. We don't have many expendable assets for salary dumps, although I do agree they could both be welcome additions.

That's the million dollar question to me. If we took Condra, who takes Raymonds' 2/3 winger spot, we need either something new (a 3rd line center...still), or a bottom pairing defender...at which point I ask why we make the trade (unless Murray or other Sens boosters know something we Canucks fans don't :sarcasm:).

A higher pick, say a 2nd? Sure, but then back to Stempniaksen's comments...why do the Sens do this (unless we Canucks fans know something the Sens fans don't)?

I mean clearing 6.475 million before what we take back is tempting, but it doesn't serve a purpose until next years cap drop, when we can buy out Ballard (if need be) and let Raymond walk.

Marty Straka 01-07-2013 03:45 AM

What about a Mr. Edler.... What kind of package would it take to get him out of Vancouver

Hutz 01-07-2013 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cogburn (Post 57227547)
Kind of what I thought. I mean Foligno and Raymond, I thought, would make a potent winger duo, but...where on the Sens line up?

Sadly, Foligno's not with us anymore.

Scottrockztheworld* 01-07-2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Straka (Post 57227827)
What about a Mr. Edler.... What kind of package would it take to get him out of Vancouver

One your team wouldn't be willing to give up.

professorchaos 01-07-2013 04:50 AM

Would hate to lose Ballard, so underrated it is criminal. Edler could be had for the right price, but it would require a lot of ifs and buts.

rypper 01-07-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Straka (Post 57227827)
What about a Mr. Edler.... What kind of package would it take to get him out of Vancouver

His value varies whether you are looking to acquire an upcoming UFA or if he is re-signed. Either way I think the price would be steep.

stempniaksen 01-07-2013 06:56 AM

I know this isn't an Edler thread, but since the topic has strayed towards that I could easily see the Sens moving their 1st + Zibanejad if they are sure they can re-sign him.

Edler - Karlsson
Cowen - Ceci

Heck of a top-four longterm if everyone pans out.

internetdotcom 01-07-2013 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstad101 (Post 57226979)
Ballard n Raymond for Smith n 5th.

No thanks, want no part of Raymond (aka Ryan Shannon v 2.0) or Ballard (grossly overpaid bottom pairing Dman).

Quote:

Originally Posted by kack zassian (Post 57227025)
I know he just got re-inked but could a Sens fan fill in te blank for me?

Zack Smiths availability is __________?

Almost nil. He is an ideal 3rd line center, and we have precious little toughness as it is , without losing him too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imagine17 (Post 57228249)
One your team wouldn't be willing to give up.

That's fine, we're better off pursuing him if/when he hits UFA. If he doesn't hit UFA or sign elsewhere, we still have our good young assets. But the chance to play with Karlsson may be too tempting for him not to come here. If I'm not mistaken, I think he's good friends with Alfie too.

ManoWarrior 01-07-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Straka (Post 57227827)
What about a Mr. Edler.... What kind of package would it take to get him out of Vancouver

Tough to say. I'll give it a shot. Ottawa isn't going to give up any of their top flight players, but Vancouver wants to get younger/bigger, Needs a 3C and I would really like them to get a quality defense prospect ready for call-up. This trade would probably only be done if the Nucks got another dman, let's say in the luongo trade.

Edler, Raymond

Zibanejad, Wiercioch, Regin + 3rd/Smith

Vankiller Whale 01-07-2013 07:14 AM

What about Da Costa? Would he be available, and is he capable of playing 3C?

With Spezza-Zibanejad-Turris-Smith-Da Costa as your C depth, I'd think one might be available.

Qward 01-07-2013 07:40 AM

You would love Da Costa. Grit + scoring touch.

Edler, Raymond for Da Costa, Zibanejad, +

The plus depends on whether Edler resigns or not.

Beville 01-07-2013 07:52 AM

Raymond for Condra + 3rd. DEAL.

Vankiller Whale 01-07-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qward (Post 57229863)
You would love Da Costa. Grit + scoring touch.

Edler, Raymond for Da Costa, Zibanejad, +

The plus depends on whether Edler resigns or not.

I was more thinking along the lines of a minor deal for him, like Ballard + 2nd for Da Costa + 3rd. I think we could use him, but he's not worth losing Edler. And if we take Da Costa, then we don't really need Zibanejad, and vice versa.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.