HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Khudobin considering switching to KHL when his contract is up (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1317703)

scythe 01-07-2013 07:20 AM

Khudobin considering switching to KHL when his contract is up

http://en.rsport.ru/hockey/20130107/638562294.html

If he does decide not to resign, hopefully this doesn't lead to a push to rush Subban's development as the kid still needs a lot of work before he's NHL ready.

Kaoz 01-07-2013 07:23 AM

Svedberg will work as a backup.

RaskMullet 01-07-2013 07:30 AM

yeah , Im not going to worry about it, if he does stay, Svedberg looks to be a very capable backup. And there is always the option to sign a older free agent or trade for a backup.

smithformeragent 01-07-2013 07:34 AM

goalies hate Boston :sarcasm:

Fire Julien 01-07-2013 07:40 AM

There are dozens of backups available every year who are better than Subban, so there really is nothing to worry about. Subban won't be with the team next year, and he won't be rushed.

DoubleAAAA 01-07-2013 07:50 AM

Would be too bad to see Dobby walk away, but agreed with the rest of the posters ... little to no impact on Subban here.

Fopppa 01-07-2013 07:51 AM

That article really doesn't say anything though, does it? Either way, since his contract is up in the summer, there's no real surprise in a Russian (Khazak?) hinting that a switch to the KHL is a possibility. He's got a shot to be a star there, a starter for sure, while he'd most likely be no more than a perennial backup if he stays in NA. Would prolly make a fair bit more money over there too.

DaveFromNB 01-07-2013 07:56 AM

He'll be a UFA, so it's not like the Bruins would really lose anything if he left to the KHL, as he could do the same to any other NHL/world team.

flannelman 01-07-2013 08:05 AM

I can't say that I've really watched him for any length of time. Is he actually any good? Or is this like worrying that Bobby Allen/Mark Mowers will leave the B's?

RussellmaniaKW 01-07-2013 08:26 AM

the couple times I've seen him play he looked like a Tim Thomas clone actually. I'm kind of excited to see what he can do with regular NHL starts.

brom7 01-07-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodbratmarchand (Post 57229733)
yeah , Im not going to worry about it, if he does stay, Svedberg looks to be a very capable backup. And there is always the option to sign a older free agent or trade for a backup.

What's Dobby's cap hit? Wouldn't it be more to pay for a backup in the Free Agent market than just resigning Dobby?

This is sad news to me, say he does leave. The guy has me excited.

JoeIsAStud 01-07-2013 10:39 AM

I don't think the Bruins can afford to pay much more than a minumum type salary for the backup next year. If Khoby can do better than that in the KHL then good luck to him

Svedberg does look like a reasonable option

BergyWho37 01-07-2013 11:14 AM

I personally want to give him a shot... Yes Rask is the man but still a little worried that the work load could cause injuries until he gets use to it again .. Dobey I feel is one of those guys that deserves a chance and after he gets it this year I personally don't think he's going anywhere..

Neely08 01-07-2013 11:35 AM

Why do the Bruins avoid drafting Russians again?

PatriceBergeronFan 01-07-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neely08 (Post 57237561)

Samsonov :sarcasm:

scythe 01-07-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Evgeni Ryabchikov :sarcasm:

gvkmedia 01-07-2013 12:26 PM

Subban?

What's this Subban stuff? I didn't think he was a prospect anymore because of his pathetic play in the junior tourney...

:sarcasm:

SerenityRick 01-07-2013 02:18 PM

I think it will depend on how often Julien plays him in a tandem with Rask. Knowing Claude though, he won't ride Rask like other teams ride their goalies (like Lundqvist and Price) especially since Rask has been playing some this year already.

If "Dobby" (as he'll be referred to here on out from me) feels like he's part of the team, I think he'll stay. Which is great because he deserves a shot, no doubt. He seems like a great team guy as well.. he was just as excited and happy as everyone else when the Bruins won the Cup and I think that was without playing a single game as a Boston Bruin. Once he's on that bench and subsequently on that ice winning games with the guys, hopefully he'll be hooked. I think a Rask/Dobby tandem will be great for the foreseeable future.

Obviously this is based entirely off assumption and hope.

Sheppy 01-07-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gvkmedia (Post 57239865)
Subban?

What's this Subban stuff? I didn't think he was a prospect anymore because of his pathetic play in the junior tourney...

:sarcasm:

Subban was fine, i would hardly blame him for having to play behind 3/4 complete pylons that Canada had. Games would have been a hell of a lot worse had he not been between the pipes.

Was he sensational, no, was he pathetic... absolutely not.

Dellstrom 01-07-2013 02:23 PM

I won't be worrying either...

Hopefully he stays, I think there's a lot of potential in him, but we have Svedberg who's playing excellent in Providence and Subban who I think is eligible to play in the AHL next year because of his late birthday, (?) and that will help his development.

It's not too hard to find a decent backup goalie in free agency, too. But who knows what he'll do, he's going to have a pretty big part in this team. I'll take it one season at a time.

The Special K 01-07-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

what does that have to do with anything?

The Special K 01-07-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan (Post 57238013)
Samsonov :sarcasm:

what's with all the Sammy hate? I swear we all loved him when he was health and producing, but as soon as he gets hurt and moves o from boston, he's a piece of ****?!

Aucoin11* 01-07-2013 06:53 PM

The bruins have other options than making a 19/20 year old an nhl backup. They will sign someone or do something else. Unlike the flyers, the bruins are extremely adapt at handling goalies and their development properly.

Fire Julien 01-07-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aucoin11 (Post 57258269)
The bruins have other options than making a 19/20 year old an nhl backup. They will sign someone or do something else. Unlike the flyers, the bruins are extremely adapt at handling goalies and their development properly.

Yikes. AFAIK Rask is the first and only goalie the Bruins have developped since Frank Brimsek

Alan Ryan 01-07-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aucoin11 (Post 57258269)

The Bruins have strengthened the goaltending ranks in the past couple of years and should have one of their prospects emerge eventually.

Rask
Khudobin

Gothberg
Hutchinson
Morrison
Subban
Svedberg
Volden