HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Marek Svatos Attending Camp (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1318031)

AaronEkbald 01-07-2013 02:33 PM

Marek Svatos Attending Camp
 
Rich Evans ‏@Hockeyagent - Retweeted by Bob McKenzie
After sitting out a year to heal from injuries, Marek Svatos will be attending camp with the Florida Panthers.

FrolikFan67 01-07-2013 02:36 PM

if bergenheim, matthias, and goc all wont be able to start the season, and he performs well enough, he could slot in at 3rd line rw. so funny when i read that tweet, forgot he still exists haha havent heard his name in a longgg time.

Fleischmann-Weiss-Versteeg
Huberdeau-Mueller-Upshall
Kopecky-Santorelli-Svatos
Parros-Smithson-Skille

Blad Meaning Gud 01-07-2013 02:46 PM

Nice! Now lets pick up Kovalev :)

Erick* 01-07-2013 02:48 PM

Didn't Wolski, Mueller and Svatos all play on the same team/line for Colorado at one point?

Tallon must've really enjoyed watching that team because he's given all three guys a chance now.

adam graves 01-07-2013 02:56 PM

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...training-camp/

Georgia Panther 01-07-2013 02:58 PM

Well, if nothing else, he'll keep the team doctors busy!:naughty:

JonathanHuberdoh 01-07-2013 03:01 PM

Well, he's a body.

Unfortunately it seems like the injuries in his past have really hurt his career. Don't know if he has anything left int he tank to seriously contribute. Hasn't really been relavent in the hockey world for what seems like ages...

Egblad 01-07-2013 03:23 PM

The only intriguing thing here is that he took a year off to heal from injuries. Perhaps injuries really plagued him for a long time? If he is feeling 100% he could be rejuvenated.

The catch is that we've all heard these same stories before. I am not expecting much of anything, but if he feels good and makes it worth our while to sign him in camp, then what the heck.

No harm in exploring this.

Mogo 01-07-2013 04:09 PM

Well Florida is the place to get chances if you're under 30 and have a bad injury history and are european

AaronEkbald 01-07-2013 04:18 PM

Maybe he can be effective on the powerplay..

Otherwise, he's pretty small. Don't know how much of an impact he can be at this point in his career.

FlaPnthrsPunk 01-07-2013 04:18 PM

I guess I'm ok with this as long as he's not preventing someone else more worthwhile from a spot. He hasn't had a relatively healthy season in four years, so I'm not sure how much playing time he'd actually see. I liked his play when the Avs had some of their good runs in the playoffs, but that was quite awhile ago.

Erick* 01-07-2013 04:22 PM

Realistically speaking, he's not going to make the team.

AaronEkbald 01-07-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 57251477)
Realistically speaking, he's not going to make the team.

Injuries to regulars may open up a spot for guys like him who are trying to make it.

MillarWithASave 01-07-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 57251477)
Realistically speaking, he's not going to make the team.

I disagree, I think he has been a good 3rd line player his whole career. Just because he has had an injury doesn't mean he hasn't healed. I think he could really strengthen our 2nd or 3rd line.

Holy Jokinen 01-07-2013 06:46 PM

Anyone think Flash (and to a lesser extent, Mueller) got Svatos here?

Dread Clawz 01-07-2013 06:46 PM

It's the best Tallon can do at this point, but he's not going to make much of a difference.

JWK 01-07-2013 06:58 PM

I hope he makes your guys' team, ****ing love that guy.

Boothinator 01-07-2013 07:25 PM

I hope he is able to make it. That way we dont have to burn a year of the ELC from our young guys and we can develop him in AHL so that we can put him in next year..Still dont think that any other than Shore could make the team

PantherboyHTR 01-07-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts (Post 57254923)
Injuries to regulars may open up a spot for guys like him who are trying to make it.

Soon as injured are back I would assume he would just be waived. Not getting excited about this. Just a body till our injuries heal.

Erick* 01-07-2013 09:48 PM

Also, I highly doubt Svatos would be valuable on a checking line. Isn't he another one of the top-6 or bust type of players.

Smaller winger who could succeed with playmakers around him/otherwise useless?

MillarWithASave 01-07-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 57267119)
Also, I highly doubt Svatos would be valuable on a checking line. Isn't he another one of the top-6 or bust type of players.

Smaller winger who could succeed with playmakers around him/otherwise useless?

Supposedly he had really high ups after his first season with the Avalanche, I guess a lot of people expected him to excel even more than 32 goals, but after he got hurt it ruined all of those hopes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Jj5u81OQU

He seems to make good plays and handle the puck pretty well, I don't know why so many of you are expecting him not to make the team, if he is healthy and saying he is healed, he is young enough to restart his career, especially with the Panthers, Mueller is trying to do it, and all of you were happy about that... right?

Egblad 01-07-2013 10:18 PM

I think the major pessimism stems from the fact he hasn't been an impact player since the 2005 season. That was a LONG time ago.

BoxOfChocolates 01-07-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erick (Post 57246655)
Didn't Wolski, Mueller and Svatos all play on the same team/line for Colorado at one point?

Tallon must've really enjoyed watching that team because he's given all three guys a chance now.

No. Wolski was traded for Mueller back in 2010.

MillarWithASave 01-07-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booootthh (Post 57268825)
I think the major pessimism stems from the fact he hasn't been an impact player since the 2005 season. That was a LONG time ago.

In reality, are there really ANY impact players on the Panthers roster?

Erick* 01-07-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MillarWithASave (Post 57267887)
Supposedly he had really high ups after his first season with the Avalanche, I guess a lot of people expected him to excel even more than 32 goals, but after he got hurt it ruined all of those hopes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8Jj5u81OQU

He seems to make good plays and handle the puck pretty well, I don't know why so many of you are expecting him not to make the team, if he is healthy and saying he is healed, he is young enough to restart his career, especially with the Panthers, Mueller is trying to do it, and all of you were happy about that... right?

You didn't really answer my question.

If his spot on the team is as a checking line player, would he be valuable in a checking line role?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.