HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: James Neal to Edmonton (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1318305)

lakai17 01-07-2013 09:39 PM

James Neal to Edmonton

What is the value of James Neal to Edmonton?

The Nuge 01-07-2013 09:40 PM

This won't end well

xX Hot Fuss 01-07-2013 09:41 PM

One of the big 4 i'd imagine. Although i cant imagine why Edmonton would trade for Neal. If they have one thing, its plenty of top 6 wingers.

Although i'm sure the...

:edmonton Neal
:pens Hemsky + Peckham + 2nd

...proposals will be plentiful and amusing

topchowda 01-07-2013 09:42 PM

Not a big 4, look at what Pens gave up to get him, Id say Hemsky and a pick

misfit 01-07-2013 09:43 PM

James Neal would be a terrific addition to the Oilers, but there's no way they can afford to give up what it would take to get him since a "top 6 winger" is definitely a not a need for the Oilers.

Also, nobody is going to get Neal for the same package the Penguins gave up to get him (which was clearly a steal even at the time).

Iceonfire 01-07-2013 09:43 PM

I wasn't aware that we needed more top 6 wingers.

Maybe Gagner can show him how to take a faceoff lol.

xX Hot Fuss 01-07-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topchowda (Post 57266847)

Lol only took one post!

lakai17 01-07-2013 09:50 PM

our top 6 are marshmallows, we need some toughness.

Yakupov + :dunno:

imagine a Malkin-Yakupov duo.

Zirakzigil 01-07-2013 09:50 PM

As a Pens fan I wouldnt trade Neal for Hall or Eberle straight up. And before every Oiler fan starts screaming I have two reasons:

1) Neal and Malkin have great chemistry, why mess with something that already is awesome.

2) Neal makes less salary then both, something that will be important with Malkin and Letang needing new contracts.

The only reason I could see the Pens trading their only top line winger is if two top wingers were coming back and I dont see the Oilers trading something like Eberle and Yakupov together.

Captain Hook 01-07-2013 09:52 PM

:laugh:

The value is way more than Edmonton would want to pay.

lakai17 01-07-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zirakzigil (Post 57267249)

1) Neal and Malkin have great chemistry, why mess with something that already is awesome.

that is obvious, Malkin makes any of his line-mates better.

SEALBound 01-07-2013 09:56 PM

Well...Neal is like your Eberle. So...Neal for Eberle is about where it starts...but Neal is on a much better contract and has proven chemistry with Malkin...not sure if that would be the case with Eberle. So...toss in MPS and we might get interested. Swap 1sts and maybe we talk.

Neal + 1st

for

Eberle + MPS + 1st

gdsmack267 01-07-2013 09:57 PM

It just isnt going to happen. Pens finally get an elite scoring winger who meshes perfectly with Geno. He isnt going anywhere.

7even 01-07-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

You mean before he scored 40?

CobraAcesS 01-07-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEALBound (Post 57267545)
Well...Neal is like your Eberle. So...Neal for Eberle is about where it starts...but Neal is on a much better contract and has proven chemistry with Malkin...not sure if that would be the case with Eberle. So...toss in MPS and we might get interested. Swap 1sts and maybe we talk.

Neal + 1st

for

Eberle + MPS + 1st

This...

And for the person who quoted what the Pens paid for Neal... That was before he scored 40 goals. Remember even then it took him a bit to heat up.

lakai17 01-07-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CobraAcesS (Post 57267773)
This...

And for the person who quoted what the Pens paid for Neal... That was before he scored 40 goals. Remember even then it took him a bit to heat up.

would he net 40 in Dallas? lets compare his line-mates in Dallas to his line-mates in Pittsburgh.

nmbr_24 01-07-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

What Pittsburgh paid for Neal doesn't mean that he has the same value now.

Jaded-Fan 01-07-2013 10:11 PM

Move aside that the Pens have been desperately looking to ADD another top six wing, not lose their best one. Neal was 4th overall in goals scored, 7th in points last year. He is only 3 years older than the only Oiler to come within 8 goals of his totals, Eberle. And he is signed reasonably for a reasonably long period of time, a bargain actually. Why would the Pens move him absent a huge overpayment? I could suggest a few, including a couple of your top four, but what is the point? Neal was available as Dallas had extra wings and could afford to lose him, the Pens had extra defensemen and could afford to lose Goligoski. Not even close to the case here. Bennett is all that is in the cupboard and he is a question mark. So absent a ridiculous payment the position is too important and lacking system wide to make the trade work.

Which brings me to a trade board general comment. Too few look at the other team to see if a trade makes sense for them. You have to give to get, and even then if the team can not afford to give the player up and do not have strong replacements in house it ain't happening.

MessierII 01-07-2013 10:13 PM

Horrible concept.

TheRollingPuck 01-07-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 57267907)
would he net 40 in Dallas? lets compare his line-mates in Dallas to his line-mates in Pittsburgh.

Would Malkin have had one of best seasons (statistically) if Neal were still in Dallas?

Richie Daggers Crime 01-07-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 57267907)

Doesn't matter. You can't play that game. He scored 40 last year. That's what matters.

Puckgenius* 01-07-2013 10:16 PM

Hemsky + Smid. Pens still need a top 4 dman.

Jaded-Fan 01-07-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEALBound (Post 57267545)

Neal + 1st

for

Eberle + MPS + 1st

Yeah like I said in my post, I could suggest some possibilities but what is the point? Given what Neal is to the Pens and the dearth of wing prospects in the Pens' system, unless Shero got offered something like you suggest he would not even pick up the phone. I also love the whole 'OMG, Malkin would make Britney Spears a 40 goal scorer!!!!' thing to try and justify threads like this. Playing with Malkin is no bad thing, but check out the totals of some of the wings Crosby and Malkin have had over the years. Malkin and Crosby make some sweet passes, but unless you have the hands and talent you are not sniffing 25 goals let alone 40. Neal is an elite talent on his own.

TheRollingPuck 01-07-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan (Post 57268769)
Yeah like I said in my post, I could suggest some possibilities but what is the point? Given what Neal is to the Pens and the dearth of wing prospects in the Pens' system, unless Shero got offered something like you suggest he would not even pick up the phone. I also love the whole 'OMG, Malkin would make Britney Spears a 40 goal scorer!!!!' thing to try and justify threads like this. Playing with Malkin is no bad thing, but check out the totals of some of the wings Crosby and Malkin have had over the years. Malkin and Crosby make some sweet passes, but unless you have the hands and talent you are not sniffing 25 goals let alone 40. Neal is an elite talent on his own.

Yet they are ones who always inquire about that very same player. Odd...

Philly85 01-07-2013 10:24 PM

Surprise, another horrible trade proposal courtesy of lakai.