HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Fights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Which team leads the league in fighting majors this season? And with how many? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1318337)

Blue Regime 01-07-2013 10:37 PM

Which team leads the league in fighting majors this season? And with how many?

The Northeast seemed to have bulked up quite a bit, seems like there's a good chance it will be the Bruins. After the last lockout, there was a drop in fighting, but I think that was due to the new rules. We'll see how it plays out this season. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are no out-of-conference games, which, barring a few exceptions, are generally less heated than divisional games. I'll say the leader ends up with 35 fighting majors.

Dtb1381 01-07-2013 10:52 PM

It'll be the bruins or someone in the Atlantic if the isles dress boulton regularly Martin carkner and boulton could challenge the bs but I think the bs will hit 40 Thornton will have 12 in 48 Campbell will have 8 mcquaid will have 5 when healthy , that's 25, lucic will have 4, chara will have 3, that's 32. Macdermid will come up and have 2, boychuck ference and Horton will have multiple. I think a songle buffalo game will have around 6 because of shenigangs alone and the bs and sabres in 7 games will have 15 in 7 games Montreal will have 8 in 7 games I don't see it any different

Blue Regime 01-07-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dtb1381 (Post 57270683)
It'll be the bruins or someone in the Atlantic if the isles dress boulton regularly Martin carkner and boulton could challenge the bs but I think the bs will hit 40 Thornton will have 12 in 48 Campbell will have 8 mcquaid will have 5 when healthy , that's 25, lucic will have 4, chara will have 3, that's 32. Macdermid will come up and have 2, boychuck ference and Horton will have multiple. I think a songle buffalo game will have around 6 because of shenigangs alone and the bs and sabres in 7 games will have 15 in 7 games Montreal will have 8 in 7 games I don't see it any different

Isles don't have much past those 3 though, while almost anyone on the Bruins will drop the gloves. Same goes for the rest of the Atlantic - there's a couple goons here and there, but no one has firepower throughout their entire lineup like the Bruins. The first Bruins-Sabres and Bruins-Habs games are going to be excellent.

Rangers, who led last season, may have a chance if Asham throws an insane cheap shot against like the Flyers (which is totally possible, lol) and they get like 8 fighting majors in a single game, but other than that even they don't have nearly as many guys who regularly fight as the B's.

Bruise Bros 2426 01-08-2013 12:51 AM

I think it will be Boston, personally. The Rangers, Flyers, and Canadiens need to be mentioned, though.

On the flip side, I think Carolina will fight the least.

There are some team's lineups that are still unclear, so you never know.

Blue Regime 01-09-2013 12:53 AM

The Central also has a lot of potential for fighting, probably not as much as the Atlantic or Northeast, but definitely significant. Blues, Blackhawks, and Jackets all have a lot of firepower.

Greeningfan14 01-09-2013 05:17 AM

Bruins or Islanders

Lion Hound 01-09-2013 09:49 PM

Jan 19th ... Thornton/Asham

slashtrey 01-10-2013 06:45 PM

The Rangers with 40.

PatriceBergeronFan 01-10-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slashtrey (Post 57415113)
The Rangers with 40.

I doubt they'll have more than the Bruins. Bruins I could see getting 40, but I doubt many other teams come that close. Islanders have a chance. Not sure of the Flyers' roster this season but they are the Flyers, lol.

BlackNgold 84 01-10-2013 08:57 PM

Boston with the 35-45 range i think. But who knows with the likes of the flyers-pens heated rivalry.. devils vs rangers will have some fights i'm sure. With the isles powering up there could be some fireworks. The East will be fun to watch this year.

Blue Regime 01-10-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slashtrey (Post 57415113)
The Rangers with 40.

The Rangers don't really start crap, they had very few dirty plays last year, so I think this is unlikely. Although they did pick up Asham. Only chance is if Asham throws a ridiculously dirty hit and there's like 8 fights in 1 game, otherwise I don't think they come close to 40.

Ola 01-11-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Regime (Post 57269877)
The Northeast seemed to have bulked up quite a bit, seems like there's a good chance it will be the Bruins. After the last lockout, there was a drop in fighting, but I think that was due to the new rules. We'll see how it plays out this season. Another thing to keep in mind is that there are no out-of-conference games, which, barring a few exceptions, are generally less heated than divisional games. I'll say the leader ends up with 35 fighting majors.

McIlrath will have around 60 majors for the Rangers this season alone, then Rupper and co will have some too.

Oh_so_saad 01-12-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Regime (Post 57324255)
The Central also has a lot of potential for fighting, probably not as much as the Atlantic or Northeast, but definitely significant. Blues, Blackhawks, and Jackets all have a lot of firepower.

I disagree with blackhawks statement, with the exception of bollig, shaw, car bomb, and mayors when healthy who actually fights? There is no guarantee that shaw or bollig will even be in the NHl this year

hlaverty06 01-12-2013 07:09 AM

I think if Janssen and Barch (God please no) are regulars in the lineup, with Clarkson and Carter Devils could be up there

bud12 01-12-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ola (Post 57429865)
McIlrath will have around 60 majors for the Rangers this season alone, then Rupper and co will have some too.

wait, what? 60 fights?lol

p.s: McIlrath have more chance to stay in the ahl

yohan1212 01-13-2013 05:09 PM

boston with 57