HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Calgary - Minnesota (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1318353)

Deen 01-07-2013 10:57 PM

Calgary - Minnesota

:flames Get - Cal Clutterbuck

:wild Get - Chris Butler

Flames benefit by getting some muscle which they have been looking for in their bottom six even before the lockout.

Minnesota benefits with a cheap young defenseman to help the youth movement and keep them under the cap.

Deal?

Minimalist* 01-07-2013 11:00 PM

Not a chance Minnesota takes that.

LiquidSnake* 01-07-2013 11:01 PM

and why the hell would the Wild do that?

RA9 01-07-2013 11:01 PM

Flames take this and run.

Not a snowballs chance in hell Minnesota accepts.

Billy Mays Here* 01-07-2013 11:06 PM

Agreed, no way in hell would we do that. We could get much more for Clutter, especially if we put him in a package deal and trade for a top 4 d-man. The Flames don't have any d-men I'd be interested in right now so I doubt these teams make good trading partners anyways.

Deen 01-07-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan (Post 57271349)
Agreed, no way in hell would we do that. We could get much more for Clutter, especially if we put him in a package deal and trade for a top 4 d-man. The Flames don't have any d-men I'd be interested in right now so I doubt these teams make good trading partners anyways.

Butler has played top line minutes with Bouwmeester.

FlamesFan18 01-07-2013 11:09 PM

Value wise it hurts the Wild. But I also think it makes the Flames a worse team.

Deen 01-07-2013 11:15 PM

http://flamesnation.ca/2012/11/9/chr...than-you-think

Not sure everyone knows who he is.

lakai17 01-07-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deen (Post 57271805)

as long as that site isn't bias.

Deen 01-07-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 57271911)
as long as that site isn't bias.

Feel free to show me your source on Chris Butler news.

Minimalist* 01-07-2013 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deen (Post 57272075)
Feel free to show me your source on Chris Butler news.

Not to defend that guy, but the value still isn't close at all. Clutterbuck could command a first rounder at the deadline. He brings so much to a lineup, and teams looking to go deep would line up to acquire his services.

Butler? Not so much. A bottom pairing Dman on most teams, and not able to crack the lineup of teams with strong D cores.

Deen 01-07-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minimalist (Post 57272243)
Not to defend that guy, but the value still isn't close at all. Clutterbuck could command a first rounder at the deadline. He brings so much to a lineup, and teams looking to go deep would line up to acquire his services.

Butler? Not so much. A bottom pairing Dman on most teams, and not able to crack the lineup of teams with strong D cores.

Butler plays over 21 minutes a game.

Langdon Alger* 01-07-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deen (Post 57273009)
Butler plays over 21 minutes a game.

... 19 of which are spent bottled up in his own zone after he makes a stupid turnover or gets knocked off the puck by a slight breeze or errant fart.

I'm as big a Flames homer as you'll find, and even I can't see why anyone would give up valuable assets for Chris Butler. Hell, the main reason Bouwmeester looked so bad last year is because he had to cover for Butler being a dumbass every shift.

Sharppi 01-08-2013 12:25 AM

Yeah, Wild says hell no. Thanks for the offer, but no thanks. Valuewise not even close.

nabob 01-08-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deen (Post 57271509)
Butler has played top line minutes with Bouwmeester.

MAB played top line minutes with Pronger in Edmonton.

Maybe the Oilers should sign him again and trade him for Dustin Brown.

Butler sucks

forthewild 01-08-2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deen (Post 57270877)
:flames Get - Cal Clutterbuck

:wild Get - Chris Butler

Flames benefit by getting some muscle which they have been looking for in their bottom six even before the lockout.

Minnesota benefits with a cheap young defenseman to help the youth movement and keep them under the cap.

Deal?

Allow me to counter

CAL gets CAL (get it :laugh: )

MIN gets Sven Baertschi

yeah your offer is that bad

LukeD 01-08-2013 07:04 AM

No way Wild do this. Butler is weak.

I Hate Chris Butler 01-08-2013 07:36 AM

No takebacks. Thank you!

palindrom 01-08-2013 08:17 AM

At 31yo, Sergei Makarov was a bit old to win the calder memorial trophy for the rookie of the year. That is a good thing they changed the rule to a maximum of 26yo.

DropIt 01-08-2013 09:07 AM

What?

wingfan 01-08-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forthewild (Post 57278191)
Allow me to counter

CAL gets CAL (get it :laugh: )

MIN gets Sven Baertschi

yeah your offer is that bad

Allow me to put this in perspective for you, and all Wild fans.

Det gets:
Chris Butler

Cal gets:
Jordin TooToo

Doesn't seem bad right? It's not. Now replace that name with Clutterbuck becasuse they have roughly the same value, you guys can't see it though. Tootoo had more points last year in fewer games, and nearly as many PIM's. The overvaluation of Minny trade assets/prospects is sickening. Your 3rd/4th line depth players do not justify a top 4 dman, top 6 forward, or 1st round pick, no matter how you pair them.

Billy Mays Here* 01-08-2013 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingfan (Post 57287615)

Det gets:
Chris Butler

Cal gets:
Jordin TooToo

Doesn't seem bad right? It's not. Now replace that name with Clutterbuck becasuse they have roughly the same value, you guys can't see it though. Tootoo had more points last year in fewer games, and nearly as many PIM's. The overvaluation of Minny trade assets/prospects is sickening. Your 3rd/4th line depth players do not justify a top 4 dman, top 6 forward, or 1st round pick, no matter how you pair them.

Was Tootoo a fan favorite in Nashville that received more applause than any other player in the line-up? Did Tootoo score 15 goals as a 3rd liner? Does Tootoo throw his body around like he doesn't even care what happens to him and consistently lead the league in hits?

Clutterbuck is not your average 3rd liner, period. He's a fan favorite here and it's going to take more than just a 2nd round pick or bottom pairing d-man to get him out of here.

wingfan 01-08-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan (Post 57288299)
Was Tootoo a fan favorite in Nashville that received more applause than any other player in the line-up? Did Tootoo score 15 goals as a 3rd liner? Does Tootoo throw his body around like he doesn't even care what happens to him and consistently lead the league in hits?

Clutterbuck is not your average 3rd liner, period. He's a fan favorite here and it's going to take more than just a 2nd round pick or bottom pairing d-man to get him out of here.

I can put my original, beat up ipod on ebay for $500 because that's what I think it's worth. It does not mean that others see the same value. Clutterbuck, to anyone who isn't a Wild fan, is a depth forward. He would probably play 4th line minutes on the Red Wings. He does not warrant a top 4 defenseman. If your fan base is so rabid about him, why get rid of him. I can't imagine Detroit getting rid of Darren Hel
, even for a top 4 defenseman, which he does not warrant.

ThatGuy22 01-08-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wingfan (Post 57287615)

Det gets:
Chris Butler

Cal gets:
Jordin TooToo

Its not an over-valuation, damn near every fanbase has interest in him. Search the trade forums and see how many offers there are involving him.

TheHudlinator 01-08-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langdon Alger (Post 57273451)
... 19 of which are spent bottled up in his own zone after he makes a stupid turnover or gets knocked off the puck by a slight breeze or errant fart.

I'm as big a Flames homer as you'll find, and even I can't see why anyone would give up valuable assets for Chris Butler. Hell, the main reason Bouwmeester looked so bad last year is because he had to cover for Butler being a dumbass every shift.

The value isn't good but Butler gets so **** on you would think Calgary traded Iginla for him. He spends the entire time playing against teams top lines and starts the second least amount of shifts in the offensive zone. He lead the league in corsi rel QoC. He had less turn overs then Gio did in 7 more games playing against first lines when Gio got second lines and played over 2 minutes of pk time a night all of this in only his second season playing over 50 games. Jbo had worse +- with every other partner than Butler Jbo looked bad because of Sutter not Butler. Outside of the Boston game where everyone looked like **** he was a -2 on team that was -9 without the boston game.