HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Alex Kovalev invited to Panthers camp (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1318539)

Rockaway Rob 01-08-2013 08:45 AM

Alex Kovalev invited to Panthers camp

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

Interesting 2 hear some players being invited to short'n training camps. Not more interest' than Alex Kovalev to #Panthers. Closing in on 40

Egblad 01-08-2013 08:57 AM

Better chance of making it than Svatos I think.

PBPantherfan 01-08-2013 09:10 AM

MR called that one.:handclap:

SoupyFIN 01-08-2013 09:10 AM

Thought DT learned his lessons during the curious case of Wolski with me, me, me, me, me and more me players. :facepalm:

Egblad 01-08-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupyFIN (Post 57281961)
Thought DT learned his lessons during the curious case of Wolski with me, me, me, me, me and more me players. :facepalm:

No doubt Kovalev is a me me me me me player and I don't particularly like those types of players, but if he can turn me me me me me into "goal goal goal goal goal" then I can deal with it a little better. Something tells me that won't happen though. :laugh:

FloriDada 01-08-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBPantherfan (Post 57281955)

That's exactly what I thought when I heard about this too lol

Android 16 01-08-2013 09:16 AM

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/5173/h4kwwwoj.jpg

Because of this.

Mogo 01-08-2013 09:33 AM

I really hope Kovie has something left in the tank and we sign him. He would be awesome addition to our powerplay and his hands are sick!! I think we might even see Hubs play center.

Kovalev-Huberdeau-Mueller

Clint 01-08-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booootthh (Post 57282011)
No doubt Kovalev is a me me me me me player and I don't particularly like those types of players, but if he can turn me me me me me into "goal goal goal goal goal" then I can deal with it a little better. Something tells me that won't happen though. :laugh:

He scored 1 goal last year in the KHL. He was amazing in the past but that guy doesn't exist any longer.

RainingRats 01-08-2013 09:55 AM

I'm not expecting much from him but it can't hurt. I find it so odd that a player who is so "me first" is still trying to play.

Someone mentioned they wanted to see Arnott, apparently he's been skating with Dallas. I'd like him to tryout but I have a feeling he wants to go to a place where he's been before.

PantherboyHTR 01-08-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RainingRats (Post 57283561)
I'm not expecting much from him but it can't hurt. I find it so odd that a player who is so "me first" is still trying to play.

Someone mentioned they wanted to see Arnott, apparently he's been skating with Dallas. I'd like him to tryout but I have a feeling he wants to go to a place where he's been before.

That was me. Really want to see Arnott's big frame down the middle of our second line. Great at the faceoffs too.

Android 16 01-08-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mogo (Post 57282757)
I really hope Kovie has something left in the tank and we sign him. He would be awesome addition to our powerplay and his hands are sick!! I think we might even see Hubs play center.

Kovalev-Huberdeau-Mueller

We really don't need this guy corrupting Huberdeau.

Dread Clawz 01-08-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBPantherfan (Post 57281955)

I have to give credit to Soupy for that one though, he gave me the idea.

Alexei Yashvalev 01-08-2013 10:33 AM

Well he's scoring at a better clip than 51.5 million dollar man, superstar forward Scott Gomez.

MickOlax 01-08-2013 11:30 AM

He's would still be a big boost to our 2nd PP unit that's for sure. The question is how motivated and fit he is to be effective 5 on 5. He could be playing in the 3rd line with guys like Kopecky and co. to balance out the grit, or lack of it, in Kovalev. He and Huby on the PP could be fun to watch.

At a cheap price, he could give some scoring threat/PP power for the shortened season. First he has to prove that he can still hang in there with the speed of NHL.

I'm very interested to see how he performs at the camp.

-L-

Howboutthempanthers 01-08-2013 11:42 AM

I think if he has anything left it's worth a shot. It would be different if it were a full season at his age. Then I wouldn't think he would be any help to the Panthers. But 48 games might be just his speed at this point.

MaxChart 01-08-2013 11:49 AM

I hope he makes your team.

I guess I'll be watching some FLA games!

Dread Clawz 01-08-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howboutthempanthers (Post 57288173)
I think if he has anything left it's worth a shot. It would be different if it were a full season at his age. Then I wouldn't think he would be any help to the Panthers. But 48 games might be just his speed at this point.

So he's only going to be not trying in 24 games instead of 48...sounds good.:sarcasm:

zeroG 01-08-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules (Post 57289759)
So he's only going to be not trying in 24 games instead of 48...sounds good.:sarcasm:

:laugh:

along those lines, anyone care to interpret this quote?

Quote:

"I like the people in the organization and they changed the coach. I played against him many times. I know what they have done, I saw what they did last year with the changes and making the playoffs. I feel this is a good place for me, a good environment with the organization and the players.''
my take? dineen (unlike, say, deboer) is viewed as a coach who just lets guys play, for better or worse.

FlaPnthrsPunk 01-08-2013 01:02 PM

I guess it's worth a shot at see how he does in camp as he's healthy at the moment. I really don't expect much out of him since his play hasn't been much to talk about in the last three or four years. That could be due to injuries though. I'd expect Svatos to make the team before he would only because of the nine year age difference.

JP Mick 01-08-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroG (Post 57291375)
:laugh:

along those lines, anyone care to interpret this quote?

my take? dineen (unlike, say, deboer) is viewed as a coach who just lets guys play, for better or worse.

Well he would of played against Dineen many times when both were in the Eastern conference for years.

MillarWithASave 01-08-2013 01:14 PM

I can see Kovalev playing the role as Samuelsson did last season. Probably put up 10-20 points, can maybe help on the PP, and he still has a great set of hands. In my opinion, at one time he probably had one of the best puck handling/skill set in his prime.

Wouldn't mind seeing him play 3rd line role, kind of saw this coming from DT.

CHGoalie27 01-08-2013 01:16 PM

He signs with us, ill **** and go buy his jersey as soon as i hear :) my all time favorite player

Everyone will wanna lynch me for making every excuse in the book for his off nights

CHGoalie27 01-08-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 (Post 57293265)
He signs with us, ill **** and go buy his jersey as soon as i hear :) my all time favorite player

Everyone will wanna lynch me for making every excuse in the book for his off nights

PP point man

Hockeycast 01-08-2013 02:14 PM

I like what i'm seeing :handclap: :nod: