HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mixed Martial Arts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   MMA in the Vancouver area questions (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1318601)

Minimalist* 01-08-2013 11:21 AM

MMA in the Vancouver area questions
 
I've been training for a while now, and thoroughly enjoying it. I am getting world class bjj training, but the muay thai and boxing out of my club are sub par to say the least. I'm looking to find a highly respected muay thai/boxing club in the Vancouver or Fraser Valley area. Anyone have any good experiences?

kurt 01-08-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minimalist (Post 57287091)
I've been training for a while now, and thoroughly enjoying it. I am getting world class bjj training, but the muay thai and boxing out of my club are sub par to say the least. I'm looking to find a highly respected muay thai/boxing club in the Vancouver or Fraser Valley area. Anyone have any good experiences?

I'm under the impression that most elite camps are pretty rounded in how they train MMA athletes.

I know that Bibiano Fernandes trains in the lower mainland. You should look into where his camp is.

MeatTornado 01-08-2013 04:32 PM

Dynamic MMA in Richmond run by Adam Ryan I found to be pretty well rounded, and they often have guest trainers in (often including crazy pro MT fighters)

m9 01-08-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurt (Post 57296439)
I'm under the impression that most elite camps are pretty rounded in how they train MMA athletes.

I know that Bibiano Fernandes trains in the lower mainland. You should look into where his camp is.

Revolution in Langley. Bibiano, Denis Kang, etc. I don't know who is currently training there but I have had lots of friends and family train and work there.

m9 01-08-2013 05:15 PM

Also by all accounts Bibiano is a great dude, but there are plenty of other questionable characters who frequent the place. Gang involvement, etc.

Minimalist* 01-08-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m9 (Post 57305531)
Also by all accounts Bibiano is a great dude, but there are plenty of other questionable characters who frequent the place. Gang involvement, etc.

Yeah, I've been to revolution, didn't like it. They have tried to clean up and become far more family oriented, but it's still a shady scene from what I know.

And Bibiano dumped Revolution, and now trains out of some gym in Washington.

Minimalist* 01-08-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatTornado (Post 57303489)
Dynamic MMA in Richmond run by Adam Ryan I found to be pretty well rounded, and they often have guest trainers in (often including crazy pro MT fighters)

Never been there, but I'll check it out. Thanks.

kurt 01-09-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minimalist (Post 57307447)
Yeah, I've been to revolution, didn't like it. They have tried to clean up and become far more family oriented, but it's still a shady scene from what I know.

And Bibiano dumped Revolution, and now trains out of some gym in Washington.

Interesting... I wonder what camp he's in there. Maybe with Matt Hume?

MeatTornado 01-09-2013 06:42 PM

Revolution is right by my work, that and the actual gym part are shady as hell


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.