HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Pavel Datsyuk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1318613)

TatarTangle 01-08-2013 11:37 AM

Pavel Datsyuk
 
This won't be a popular opinion in Detroit but I'm curious due to the lack of [legitimate] superstar potential talent in the prospect pool:

I'm sure everyone knows there is uncertainty in Detroit about Pavel Datsyuk not signing another NA contract, may be unwarranted but... The Red Wings need a legitimate top 6 forward (who doesn't?) and a top 4 defenseman (who doesn't?) for the future, perhaps even in their prime. What would you give or what do you think he could net?

To defend myself; I'm not Hell-bent on trading him, just curious of his potential value

Minimalist* 01-08-2013 11:40 AM

1st, very good top 6 F or top 4 D, elite prospect.

??

Hard to put a value on him.

jphizzleruzbizzle* 01-08-2013 12:09 PM

he is too old for the avs to want him. i think value wise r.o.r. would be fair. (younger, getting better, less money etc.) i wouldnt do it but value wise that would be equal

JetsHomer 01-08-2013 12:14 PM

It would take a great young dman for Detroit to do it.

Mcdonagh for Datsyuk straight up.

Nash - Datsyuk - Gaborik
Kreider - Richards - Stephan

If Rangers are willing to risk it and try for a cup within two years, that's quite easily the best top line and top 6 in the NHL.

wingfan 01-08-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jphizzleruzbizzle (Post 57289715)
he is too old for the avs to want him. i think value wise r.o.r. would be fair. (younger, getting better, less money etc.) i wouldnt do it but value wise that would be equal

I would not trade Datsyuk with a year left on his contract for, Matt Duchene let alone Ryan O'Reilly. It would be a disrespect to the most complete player in the past decade. If Pav leaves Detroit he will be going to Russia.

BonMorrison 01-08-2013 12:28 PM

A great high-chance #1 young defenseman would be on the plate.

Going by the other thread, somebody like Tyler Myers + a center with top six upside + a pick.

Lemieuxfan 01-08-2013 12:30 PM

34 years old, turning 35 in July,FA in 2015, PPG player.

That's a real tough question, he could burst soon..I mean he doesn't use his body much, so if he stops scoring his value decreases quickly. On the other hand he might be the next Selanne, so how knows. The only thing I can say is, that I would not pay the price Det would most likley be looking for.

My best offer from the pens would be:


Maatta
Kennedy
1rst, 2nd

BergyWho37 01-08-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High (Post 57289955)
It would take a great young dman for Detroit to do it.

Mcdonagh for Datsyuk straight up.

Nash - Datsyuk - Gaborik
Kreider - Richards - Stephan

If Rangers are willing to risk it and try for a cup within two years, that's quite easily the best top line and top 6 in the NHL.

Seriously ? :shakehead Detroit would never do this deal !!! Not even for Zetterberg

Lebda Snipes 01-08-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High (Post 57289955)
It would take a great young dman for Detroit to do it.

Mcdonagh for Datsyuk straight up.

Nash - Datsyuk - Gaborik
Kreider - Richards - Stephan

If Rangers are willing to risk it and try for a cup within two years, that's quite easily the best top line and top 6 in the NHL.

Really? Value is nowhere close.

Being 34 doesnt make Datsyuk a useless vet. Datsyuk is one of the most complete players in the NHL, probably only behind Crosby and maybe Stamkos. Even at 34 he still produces, just shy of a PPG player last season. Arguably the best hands in the league, and has some of the best offensive vision. He has the unique ability to conrtrol the game on any part of the ice and has incredable hockey IQ, a dream to any team . Until his number decline I dont see Detroit trading him.

If however they were to deal him for a rebuild, Mcdonagh alone would probably not do it. Id look for: Mcdonagh + B Prospect + High pick at minimum.

Neatman 01-08-2013 12:40 PM

I cant see Detroit fans realistically getting what would make them happy.
Datsyuk is a fantastic player with a well rounded game. He's also 34 with one year left on contract, and has suffered from a number of injuries in recent years.

I really cant see teams parting with a young #1 D, etc etc for one year of Datsyuk. Furthermore, if anyone can resign him I assume Detroit would.

In other words, the suggestions of what Datsyuk would return that people have written above seem incredibly unlikely to me. What teams could possibly afford the price, let alone the risk? Have there been any comparable trades in the past?

Sasso09 01-08-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BergyWho37 (Post 57290933)
Seriously ? :shakehead Detroit would never do this deal !!! Not even for Zetterberg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebda Snipes (Post 57290953)
Really? Value is nowhere close.

Being 34 doesnt make Datsyuk a useless vet. Datsyuk is one of the most complete players in the NHL, probably only behind Crosby and maybe Stamkos. Even at 34 he still produces, just shy of a PPG player last season. Arguably the best hands in the league, and has some of the best offensive vision. He has the unique ability to conrtrol the game on any part of the ice and has incredable hockey IQ, a dream to any team . Until his number decline I dont see Detroit trading him.

If however they were to deal him for a rebuild, Mcdonagh alone would probably not do it. Id look for: Mcdonagh + B Prospect + High pick at minimum.

Umm.... If anything Newyork would turn this down first, value is more than there... Datsyuk is entering his twilight and has about 3 good years left. McDonough could very well be a top 10, certainly already is a top 20 in this league and he's young.

KingWantsCup 01-08-2013 12:43 PM

Pavel Datsyuk is my favorite non-Ranger ever...

Dylan McIlrath, Christian Thomas, 2014 1st. Would probably be hung up on but I'm really not willing to give more than that for a player getting up in age.

Always note though, superstars never get equal return, especially aging ones.

couture23 01-08-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neatman (Post 57291301)
I cant see Detroit fans realistically getting what would make them happy.
Datsyuk is a fantastic player with a well rounded game. He's also 34 with one year left on contract, and has suffered from a number of injuries in recent years.

I really cant see teams parting with a young #1 D, etc etc for one year of Datsyuk. Furthermore, if anyone can resign him I assume Detroit would.

In other words, the suggestions of what Datsyuk would return that people have written above seem incredibly unlikely to me. What teams could possibly afford the price, let alone the risk? Have there been any comparable trades in the past?

Totally agree with you. As a Sabres fan, I wouldn't want to give up Myers + for him, I'm sure Rangers fans wouldn't want to give up McDonagh for him, and I'm definitely sure a team like Columbus or Toronto would give up a Rielly or Murray. Detroit is best to hang on to Datsyuk until he retires - he is worth a lot and would put many franchises back a couple steps in their building process.

7even 01-08-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasso09 (Post 57291459)
Umm.... If anything Newyork would turn this down first, value is more than there... Datsyuk is entering his twilight and has about 3 good years left. McDonough could very well be a top 10, certainly already is a top 20 in this league and he's young.

What I was thinking as well. McDonagh would go along ways to solving the #1 defenseman problem in Detroit this year and over the next few. Throw in a pick and that's a solid return for 48 games of Datsyuk.

KingWantsCup 01-08-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7even (Post 57291809)
What I was thinking as well. McDonagh would go along ways to solving the #1 defenseman problem in Detroit this year and over the next few. Throw in a pick and that's a solid return for 48 games of Datsyuk.

Rangers are not trading McDonagh for a 34 year old Datsyuk. If he was younger, probably. But McDonagh is too young, too good, too cheap, with too much upside to trade for a 34 year old player, even if that player is Datsyuk.

Lebda Snipes 01-08-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasso09 (Post 57291459)
Umm.... If anything Newyork would turn this down first, value is more than there... Datsyuk is entering his twilight and has about 3 good years left. McDonough could very well be a top 10, certainly already is a top 20 in this league and he's young.

After to looking into Mcdonagh a little more, I do see his value. He logs serious minutes and blocks alot of shots. I would edit my proposal to maybe: Mcdonagh + High/mid pick (most likely conditionally on whether or not NY wins the cup).

If NY were to pull the trigger I would have them as a heavy cup favorite with an all-star top 2 lines, ecspecially with a shortned season that will have less wear and tear on older players. Would definetly be a win now move for NY, but in the long run Mcdonagh seems like a covetted piece to any team.

Iowa Wingsfan 01-08-2013 12:58 PM

Even if Holland can't get Datsyuk to sign an extension I still don't think he will shop him, it just isn't how he operates. When it comes to veterans Holland is loyal to a fault.

As far as the value of Datsyuk it should be higher then teams would be willing to pay. He is one of the top players in the league.

KIRK 01-08-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan (Post 57290777)
34 years old, turning 35 in July,FA in 2015, PPG player.

That's a real tough question, he could burst soon..I mean he doesn't use his body much, so if he stops scoring his value decreases quickly. On the other hand he might be the next Selanne, so how knows. The only thing I can say is, that I would not pay the price Det would most likley be looking for.

My best offer from the pens would be:


Maatta
Kennedy
1rst, 2nd

That's just comical . . . and I'm a Pens fan.

7even 01-08-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingWantsCup (Post 57291957)
Rangers are not trading McDonagh for a 34 year old Datsyuk. If he was younger, probably. But McDonagh is too young, too good, too cheap, with too much upside to trade for a 34 year old player, even if that player is Datsyuk.

I wasn't the one who proposed it bro :laugh:

jroc86 01-08-2013 01:08 PM

Given Pavs age and contract situation it would only make sense for a team desperate for a cup thats a contender NOW The Rags and Canucks would make sense ... wont happen though. Pav will play his NHL career as a Wing.

crashman 01-08-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemieuxfan (Post 57290777)
34 years old, turning 35 in July,FA in 2015, PPG player.

That's a real tough question, he could burst soon..I mean he doesn't use his body much, so if he stops scoring his value decreases quickly. On the other hand he might be the next Selanne, so how knows. The only thing I can say is, that I would not pay the price Det would most likley be looking for.

My best offer from the pens would be:


Maatta
Kennedy
1rst, 2nd

Anyone that watches him regularly knows that's not true.

Oates2Neely 01-08-2013 01:14 PM

How many teams would really be in the discussion for Datsyuk? What are the qualifications?

Legit shot at Cup:
In need of top-6 center:
Sniper already on roster:
Russian speaking teammates:

NJ comes to mind. One last run for Broduer. Kovalchuk & Datsyuk could be dynamic (+ Russian factor). Zajac drops to 2nd line.

To NJ:
Datsyuk

To DET:
Henrique

Iowa Wingsfan 01-08-2013 01:15 PM

Datsyuk might be the most sneaky hitter in the NHL. He loves laying a check on skaters that keep their head down. Shea Weber can attest to that.

MBauer 01-08-2013 01:17 PM

Only way i could see him getting traded is next year at the deadline to a cup contender, and that is only if he is 100 percent going to the KHL, even then i doubt they would trade him though. If for some reason he was traded next year at the deadline i would expect a 1st+ solid prospect.

Lebda Snipes 01-08-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDrake28 (Post 57287887)
This won't be a popular opinion in Detroit but I'm curious due to the lack of [legitimate] superstar potential talent in the prospect pool:

I'm sure everyone knows there is uncertainty in Detroit about Pavel Datsyuk not signing another NA contract, may be unwarranted but... The Red Wings need a legitimate top 6 forward (who doesn't?) and a top 4 defenseman (who doesn't?) for the future, perhaps even in their prime. What would you give or what do you think he could net?

To defend myself; I'm not Hell-bent on trading him, just curious of his potential value

Thier prospect pool only seems this way. Get ready for another 6th/7th round pick to go off for the wings and take the torch.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.