HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Y. Weber to Ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1318697)

EveryDay 01-08-2013 01:35 PM

Y. Weber to Ottawa

Would the Sens interested in Y.Weber for a draft pick since they only have 4 NHL defenceman?

Karlsson
Gonchar
Phillips
Methot

Any takers?

Aspirine 01-08-2013 01:37 PM

If they toss a 3rd our way, I'd do it.

Rivet52 01-08-2013 01:41 PM

Before reading the OP I thought there'd be a chance it was Mike Weber and not Yannick, in which case we'd also be open to talk about our Weber as well. :)

SenateReform 01-08-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspirine (Post 57294291)
If they toss a 3rd our way, I'd do it.

Done.

Ouroboros 01-08-2013 01:46 PM

Probably not.

Sounds like the Sens are going to give some internal players a chance to show if they can hang at the NHL level.

roboninja 01-08-2013 01:54 PM

Please say Y. Weber. There is only one guy that gets simply "Weber", and his name is Shea. I was looking forward to a much more amusing thread. :)

EDIT: I should say this is the type of deal the Sens should make. Relatively low cost, but a guy with NHL experience and still young enough to develop into more.

White Goodman 01-08-2013 01:55 PM

Big fan of Weber. I'd toss a 3rd for him.

Kezia 01-08-2013 01:56 PM

No thanks. Would rather give ice time to Weircioch.

EveryDay 01-08-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny FTW (Post 57295199)

but you know that you need to bring 2 mores rookies other then him to fill the 6th and 7th spot?
Who it will be? Gryba and Benoit?

So thats leave

Methot-Karlsson
Phillips-Gonchar
Weircioch-Benoit
-Gryba

Habsawce 01-08-2013 02:04 PM

If Gonchar is traded to Pittsburgh I could see some interest in Yannick from Ottawa.

He has an All-Star caliber shot from the point and has an excellent first pass from his own zone. Would be perfect for the 5 spot with a big body #6.

I'd do Weber for a 3rd, for sure.

Brewsky 01-08-2013 02:31 PM

Oh man, I came in here fuming thinking Shea Weber....move along.

internetdotcom 01-08-2013 02:39 PM

There are way too many Webers in this league. LOL

Bileur 01-08-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny FTW (Post 57295199)

This. Or Borowiecki, or Benoit or even Gryba. Not worried about playing two guys with limited experience at this time either, Lundin will be back in 5 weeks at which point whomever has performed best gets to stay in he lineup. If more injuries pop up we'll have to make a move. But even then, I'd rather sign Campoli for free than give up an asset for Y. Weber.

I don't see a huge benefit in moving for Y.W. if we're picking up a defenceman it should be someone better or someone free.

Sureves 01-08-2013 02:42 PM

I know literally nothing about Y. Weber's abilities, but it's clear Ottawa will need to acquire a defenseman one way or another.

Karlsson Methot
Phillips Gonchar
Borowiecki Wiercioch

Is an absolute embarrassment for a blueline. Maybe one of the worst 2-6 of all time? My hockey history isn't that great, but I can't imagine there has ever been much worse.

Bileur 01-08-2013 02:49 PM

About Gonchar, if we move him I'm assuming we'll be out of playoff contention at which point we may as well play our young guys and tank.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sureves (Post 57297667)
I know literally nothing about Y. Weber's abilities, but it's clear Ottawa will need to acquire a defenseman one way or another.

Karlsson Methot
Phillips Gonchar
Borowiecki Wiercioch

Is an absolute embarrassment for a blueline. Maybe one of the worst 2-6 of all time? My hockey history isn't that great, but I can't imagine there has ever been much worse.

You don't remember the game where (rookie) Meszaros and Pothier were our top 2?

Connor McJesus 01-08-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsawce (Post 57295657)
If Gonchar is traded to Pittsburgh I could see some interest in Yannick from Ottawa.

He has an All-Star caliber shot from the point and has an excellent first pass from his own zone. Would be perfect for the 5 spot with a big body #6.

I'd do Weber for a 3rd, for sure.

huh

who are those all-stars you're talking about ?

EveryDay 01-08-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Karlsson Methot
Phillips Gonchar
Borowiecki Wiercioch

Thay's the reason i am offering a guy like Weber to play on their 3rd pairing but if they prefer Kaberle i'm open also...

PATCHESx67 01-08-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveryDay (Post 57298477)
Thay's the reason i am offering a guy like Weber to play on their 3rd pairing but if they prefer Kaberle i'm open also...

Make it happen Mr Bergevin

WilderPegasus* 01-08-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Karlsson Methot
Phillips Gonchar
Borowiecki Wiercioch

You're right your hockey history isn't that great. The Oilers and Flames both had worse bluelines just last season.

You've got the highest scoring active defenceman, a couple of solid vets in Phillips and Methot and a pair of promising rookies who have gained some valuable experience in the AHL.

Habsawce 01-08-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vsevolod Bobrov (Post 57298045)
huh

who are those all-stars you're talking about ?

He has an absolute bomb of a shot, and it's a bit disheartening that you do not know this.

Domino11 01-08-2013 04:41 PM

As a habs fan I wouldn't give weber for a 3 round ... I think we will get more for him a a package with pleky or something !! Specially to Ottawa for me it a no go ...

Kenny Bania 01-08-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EveryDay (Post 57295453)
but you know that you need to bring 2 mores rookies other then him to fill the 6th and 7th spot?
Who it will be? Gryba and Benoit?

So thats leave

Methot-Karlsson
Phillips-Gonchar
Weircioch-Benoit
-Gryba

Lundin isn't much, but he's a serviceable 3rd pairing NHL Dman. He will be back two or three weeks after the season starts.

TSA0402 01-08-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Karlsson Methot
Phillips Gonchar
Borowiecki Wiercioch

Not a great blueline, but far from embarassing.

See Columbus last year when there top 4 was Tyutin, Methot, Clitsome, Russell for embarassing.

Chacal667 01-08-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Karlsson Methot
Phillips Gonchar
Borowiecki Wiercioch

thats nothing in comparison to the habs last season

Subban Gorges = ok
Kaberle Campoli
Y. Weber, Emelin
Diaz

Emelin and Diaz were rookie the last season but I have to admit that Y. Weber was worse than them

saskriders 01-08-2013 05:47 PM

I'd do it