HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Tomas Kaberle Trade Value (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=131876)

SFD22 02-26-2005 09:49 AM

Tomas Kaberle Trade Value

I see him being trade bait in the off-season or at the beginning of next season in exchange for a young forward. Toronto has lots of depth in young defenders but not so much in terms of forwards aside from Stajan, Wellwood and Steen. I'd love to see a big centreman like the Ducks' R. Getzlaf come to the Leafs but I don't think the Ducks would part with him. What teams would you say would be willing to deal a good young forward for T. Kaberle?

(Please no responses from Leafs fans that say Kaberle wlll never be traded unless we get Ovechkin, Heatley and Nash for him in a four-way deal ;)

BuppY 02-26-2005 10:34 AM

I would trade McCabe before I trade Kaberle :D

HuskyFlames 02-26-2005 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFD22
I see him being trade bait in the off-season or at the beginning of next season in exchange for a young forward. Toronto has lots of depth in young defenders but not so much in terms of forwards aside from Stajan, Wellwood and Steen. I'd love to see a big centreman like the Ducks' R. Getzlaf come to the Leafs but I don't think the Ducks would part with him. What teams would you say would be willing to deal a good young forward for T. Kaberle?

(Please no responses from Leafs fans that say Kaberle wlll never be traded unless we get Ovechkin, Heatley and Nash for him in a four-way deal ;)

The only way a team deals a "good, young player" is a contender team. No way, any young team or a team rebuilding is gonna deal their future. The only teams that would give up youth would most likely be contenders.

gars59 02-26-2005 11:39 AM

i give hossa and hainsey :lol

Twist and Shout 02-26-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuppY

As would I.

It Kills Me 02-26-2005 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gars59
i give hossa and hainsey :lol

3 way?
To Leafs: Marian Hossa
To Habs: Thomas Kaberle
To Sens: A pile of trash, I mean Ron Hainsey. :p:

ChemiseBleuHonnete 02-26-2005 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittles.TML
3 way?
To Leafs: Marian Hossa
To Habs: Thomas Kaberle
To Sens: A pile of trash, I mean Ron Hainsey. :p:

I think that a 8th rounder is a better trading asset than Hainsey.

monkey_00* 02-26-2005 02:37 PM

Quote:

SFD22.........

Trade him to Carolina along with a draft pick for Toronto-native JEFF O'NEILL

Poignant Discussion 02-26-2005 02:48 PM

Kaberle is going nowhere. A young, rather inexpensive 50 point defenseman is something I would rather keep. To trade him would only hurt you down the road

McCabe on the other hand...........

leafaholix* 02-26-2005 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuppY

I like them both, but I agree.

McDonald19 02-26-2005 02:51 PM

Quote:

I'd love to see a big centreman like the Ducks' R. Getzlaf come to the Leafs but I don't think the Ducks would part with him.

Ducks are going to build their franchise around Getzlaf.

Please do not even mention his name in a thread about Kaberle trade value.

leafaholix* 02-26-2005 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonald19
Ducks are going to build their franchise around Getzlaf.

Please do not even mention his name in a thread about Kaberle trade value.

If you're building a franchise around Getzlaf, you're in serious trouble.

McDonald19 02-26-2005 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen
If you're building a franchise around Getzlaf, you're in serious trouble.

:dunno:

explain.

big first line center. How is that not something to build around?

leafaholix* 02-26-2005 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonald19
:dunno:

explain.

big first line center. How is that not something to build around?

He has great skill and size, but he's still a prospect that to me has a significant downside because of his lack of smarts.

I like him, but I don't think you build a franchise around a guy like Getzlaf.

McDonald19 02-26-2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

He has great skill and size, but he's still a prospect that to me has a significant downside because of his lack of smarts.

Ducks have never had a big mean skilled first line center prospect like Getz, so the franchise is pretty excited about him.

well if the NHL comes back soon then the Ducks will continue to build the franchise from goal out around J.S. Giguere. Long term their best asset is Getzlaf.

It Kills Me 02-26-2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

Exactly, your better off going after Crosby.

RoyIsALegend* 02-26-2005 03:04 PM

Tomas Kaberle can do alot of good things on the ice.

Unfortunately, he is an absolutely attrocious defenseman in his own zone and I thank God that my team has absolutely no need for this player.

Not the type of guy you win championships with, but still a splendid talent.

Quiet Robert 02-26-2005 03:12 PM

Quote:

I like them both, but I agree.

Agreed. I personally don't like McCabe (I can't help it) but he has a place on the Toronto blue line. I don't know why you would look to trade Kaberle. He's consistently put up around 45 points and is really good w/ the puck offensively. Along with Colaiacovo, those 3 should form the core of Toronto's defence imo. Leetch, if he does resign,only has 2-3 years left. So he's not a long term solution. Since losing Leetch is almost inevitable, I would definetly hold on to Kaberle. Losing both of them would be a big blow to TO's d. Imagine your lineup without those 2. McCabe, Klee and Colo would be the only servicable guys.

Aside from that, the depth isn't that great in TO. This isn't taking a shot a you guys, just my opinion. Pilar, Berg, Hedin and Belak are servicable, but none could replace Kaberle. Even Colaiacovo; I would be suprised if he put up Kaberle like numbers. So, I wouldn't get rid of Kaberle.

Charge_Seven 02-26-2005 03:17 PM

The beauty about Kaberle is that any trade he goes away in we do better than we would have trading away the pick that got him.

Volcanologist 02-26-2005 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
Tomas Kaberle can do alot of good things on the ice.

Unfortunately, he is an absolutely attrocious defenseman in his own zone and I thank God that my team has absolutely no need for this player.

Thank god you don't need a guy who is career +57 and scores .5 ppg.

:lol

:help:

Charge_Seven 02-26-2005 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PepNCheese
Thank god you don't need a guy who is career +57 and scores .5 ppg.

:lol

:help:

Maybe we should just release him...

It Kills Me 02-26-2005 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregStack
The beauty about Kaberle is that any trade he goes away in we do better than we would have trading away the pick that got him.

Almost everyone seems to forget that.

Stephen 02-26-2005 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregStack

Right, but losing a 40-50 point dman is not so appealing.

RandomCanuckFan 02-26-2005 04:30 PM

Not too sure of his value, but I think he will be staying with the Leafs...as it has been said, a young 40-50 point D-man is something you probably keep

HuskyFlames 02-26-2005 04:59 PM

Kaberle should not be traded. Is is one of the ONLY legit, established Leafs that is under 30 years old and young compared to the rest of the team. They need to add more youth to their core, not take it away.