HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: iginla at the deadline (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1318809)

Puckgenius* 01-08-2013 05:09 PM

iginla at the deadline
 
If the flames are out of the playoffs by March is this the year Jarome is finally moved?

Its a contract year so he could have a career year boosting his value.

Who would be interested and whats your offer?

tfong 01-08-2013 05:10 PM

I see a bunch of low ball late picks and mediocre prospects, would rather keep him unless someone pays a kings ransom.

DesertDawg 01-08-2013 05:14 PM

His NMC gives him the last say! I'm hoping it's the Coyotes...

blankall 01-08-2013 05:18 PM

Will be largely dependent on how his play is for the shortened season before the deadline. Teams will only pay big for him if they think he can make an immediate impact to their playoff run. If he lights it up at a PPG, teams will be linning up. If he falters and comes in at .5 PPG, the asking price would be much lower.

Minimalist* 01-08-2013 05:20 PM

Futures by a team making a run. 1st and a good prospect.

Puckgenius* 01-08-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tfong (Post 57302403)
I see a bunch of low ball late picks and mediocre prospects, would rather keep him unless someone pays a kings ransom.

If he puts up 35-40g, 80pts again teams will be willing to give up a kings ransom. He takes any contender to the next level.

In this short season i still see him scoring 30 easy

Sparky1977 01-08-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 57302323)
If the flames are out of the playoffs by March is this the year Jarome is finally moved?

Its a contract year so he could have a career year boosting his value.

Who would be interested and whats your offer?

Similar to what the Flames got for Joe Nieuwendyk (Corey Millen + Jarome Iginla) so a servicable 2nd line centre and a top prospect.

An example in todays world would be P.M. Bouchard + J. Brodin from Minnesota

BamaWing 01-08-2013 05:24 PM

Id love to have him on the Wings but we have too many bottom 6 forwards and not enough top 4 dmen. Just doesn't add up

TorstenFrings 01-08-2013 05:37 PM

At the deadline of course it`s going to be futures at the deadline. Why would you want the crap a contender is willing to part with before the play offs as the main return? So lets just assume it`ll be a first +, what kind of prospects does Calgary need/want most?

tfong 01-08-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kratzbuerste (Post 57303705)
At the deadline of course it`s going to be futures at the deadline. Why would you want the crap a contender is willing to part with before the play offs as the main return? So lets just assume it`ll be a first +, what kind of prospects does Calgary need/want most?

Scoring center and offensive puck moving dman.

DesertDawg 01-08-2013 06:28 PM

Iginla is coming to AZ to retire!

mpp9 01-08-2013 06:32 PM

Hossa return. Two NHL players+top prospect+1st.

Epic Neal Time 01-08-2013 06:34 PM

Despres, Kennedy, conditional pick (2014 1st if Iggy resigns)

Pekka Rinne 01-08-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 57302941)
If he puts up 35-40g, 80pts again teams will be willing to give up a kings ransom. He takes any contender to the next level.

In this short season i still see him scoring 30 easy

He scored 32 last year in 82 games. And you think he'll put up 30 in 48? That pro-rates to 51 goals. :laugh::laugh: no chance:help:

Svensational 01-08-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaWing (Post 57303115)
Id love to have him on the Wings but we have too many bottom 6 forwards and not enough top 4 dmen. Just doesn't add up

What does he have to do with the too many bottom six forwards?

Frodo Baggins 01-08-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckgenius (Post 57302941)
If he puts up 35-40g, 80pts again teams will be willing to give up a kings ransom. He takes any contender to the next level.

In this short season i still see him scoring 30 easy

there's 0 logic in this post.

Svensational 01-08-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne (Post 57306487)
He scored 32 last year in 82 games. And you think he'll put up 30 in 48? That pro-rates to 51 goals. :laugh::laugh: no chance:help:

Not saying it will happen but if Tanguay stays healthy and the click with Cammy, anything is possible.

MuffinMan 01-08-2013 06:43 PM

First and Kuznetsov/Forsberg?

Vankiller Whale 01-08-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuffinMan (Post 57306773)
First and Kuznetsov/Forsberg?

If I were Calgary I would take that.

Ugene Malkin 01-08-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpp9 (Post 57306261)
Hossa return. Two NHL players+top prospect+1st.

Hossa was younger at the time, a lot younger than what Iginla is now.

1st + prospect

I'll note this would be a pure rental as I would think he resigns with, Calgary.

Mouse21* 01-08-2013 06:47 PM

2nd rd pick+Hunwick

Hatrick Marleau 01-08-2013 06:51 PM

Ryane Clowe, Justin Braun, and a 3rd is what I would offer if Iginla is doing pretty good by the deadline.

InfinityIggy 01-08-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuffinMan (Post 57306773)
First and Kuznetsov/Forsberg?

Ill go warm up the car.

WarriorofTime 01-08-2013 07:09 PM

Chicago opens its prospect pool to you.

KIRK 01-08-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic Neal Time (Post 57306399)
Despres, Kennedy, conditional pick (2014 1st if Iggy resigns)

Iginla will cost you more than that (and most of what people are suggesting here).

Definitely expect the Pens to be in on a 90 degree angle if Iginla is willing to move.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.