HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Bobby Ryan to Toronto (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1318897)

Dark Knight 01-08-2013 06:32 PM

Bobby Ryan to Toronto

Brian Burke is a huge Ryan fan and with his name being in trade rumors this past offseason I'd like to revisit what it would take for Toronto to acquire him.

We need size on the wings for sure, despite acquiring JVR.

For starters would something like this make sense for Anaheim?

Carl Gunnarson - Top 4 minutes eating D-man
Nikolai Kulemin - Top 6 forward
Tyler Biggs - Potential top 6 PF

?

Exit Dose 01-08-2013 06:33 PM

We have no reason to make that trade. I doubt Bobby is dying to play for Carlyle again.

Oates2Neely 01-08-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 57308717)
Brian Burke is a huge Ryan fan and with his name being in trade rumors this past offseason I'd like to revisit what it would take for Toronto to acquire him.

Carl Gunnarson
Nikolai Kulemin
Tyler Biggs

?

Yikes that's an ugly return for Ryan

eXile59 01-08-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

?

I would have to think from the Ducks side that isn't even close.

not quite yoda 01-08-2013 06:43 PM

with getzlaf and perry being potential UFAs this summer and selanne and koivu both nearing retirement... bobby ryan is the only decent forward may have left next season.

so why trade him? the return would need to be great.

Dark Knight 01-08-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXile59 (Post 57309057)
I would have to think from the Ducks side that isn't even close.

I would definitely be interested in what it'll take.

I offered a top 4 defenseman, a former 1st round pick already close to being NHL ready, and an established 2nd line winger. That's a pretty healthy offer as it is. I would still love to acquire Ryan and wondering what it'll take.

SLAPSHOT723 01-08-2013 06:45 PM

What would be the point of Toronto acquiring him? They would have to pay a ridiculous price for someone who would be on their 2nd line.

Chacal667 01-08-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 57309263)

I offered a top 4 defenseman, a former 1st round pick already close to being NHL ready, and an established 2nd line winger. That's a pretty healthy offer as it is. I would still love to acquire Ryan and wondering what it'll take.

a lot of team could offer better

Chacal667 01-08-2013 06:48 PM

if u want Ryan, get ready to trade Gardiner and +

CM Lundqvist 01-08-2013 06:48 PM

Do you really think Ryan wants to play for Carlyle again?

Not only that, but that's not nearly a good enough offer. Kulemin's value isn't high right now, Gunnarsson is ok and Biggs is a decent prospect who really didn't look great at the WJC.

inthewings 01-08-2013 06:49 PM

The two teams don't seem to match up well. Anaheim probably only trades Ryan to save payroll space after Perry/Getzlaf extensions, and I imagine any deal would involve a cheap top-6 forward coming back. Toronto doesn't really have any to offer.

7even 01-08-2013 06:51 PM

Not a very enticing package (TWSS?) for Ryan, and the Ducks really have no reason to move him with 2/3rds of their big 3 being impending UFAs.

Chacal667 01-08-2013 06:51 PM

maybe something like Plekanec, cuz they will need a second center when koivu leave and maybe a prospect like gallagher + a second ?

inthewings 01-08-2013 06:55 PM

I imagine Ottawa would offer up something like Zibanejad, Greening, and 1st after the season. Probably a top-10 pick.

eXile59 01-08-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Is he really a top 4 D-man on a good team? Seems a lot like a star player for some depth players that aren't all too uncommon.

Ducksgo 01-08-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

?

I only like Biggs on this acquisition other than that horrible proposal DK c'mon man.....

Ducksgo 01-08-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Why beat the horse while its dead DK? You know Toronto isn't the only other team in the NHL? We killed this discussion last season. Toronto HAS nothing we want for Bobby Ryan....

Paul4587 01-08-2013 07:00 PM

If you want a 4 time 30 goal scorer who is signed for the next 3 seasons you're going to have to start with Gardiner or Rielly and add a lot from there to even get Murray to listen. Even then it's a unlikely a deal could be reached because the Ducks are short up front, specifically at LW which is where Ryan plays.

Leafs For Life* 01-08-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXile59 (Post 57309751)
Is he really a top 4 D-man on a good team? Seems a lot like a star player for some depth players that aren't all too uncommon.

Yes, he is. He's a guy that you don't notice for his whole shift, and that's a good thing.

Edit: This would be recieving backlash if it was pre-2012 season lol. (Agree that Ducks shouldn't do the deal though)

Exit Dose 01-08-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

We need an established first line left winger that has chemistry with Getzlaf and Perry. So, Ryan.

Minimalist* 01-08-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

?

That is a horrendous trade proposal

Dark Knight 01-08-2013 07:07 PM

I'd be up for Gardiner plus. I think its definitely a possibility. It'll be a great fit as well. Anaheim traded Visnovsky and I don't think Sbisa is destined to become a PP QB.

Would Anaheim do something like:

Jake Gardiner
Clarke MacArthur
Tyler Biggs

?

Chacal667 01-08-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 57310067)
We need an established first line left winger that has chemistry with Getzlaf and Perry. So, Ryan.

It could be Gallagher :P

what about my offer, plekanec, gallagher and a second

inthewings 01-08-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight (Post 57310239)
I'd be up for Gardiner plus. I think its definitely a possibility. It'll be a great fit as well. Anaheim traded Visnovsky and I don't think Sbisa is destined to become a PP QB.

Would Anaheim do something like:

Jake Gardiner
Clarke MacArthur
Tyler Biggs

?

:laugh: The optics of that from an Anaheim perspective would be awful after giving Gardiner up to rent Beauchemin.

Ducksgo 01-08-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minimalist (Post 57310197)
That is a horrendous trade proposal

I agree with this poster DK that was pretty bad. You know Murray isn't to kind for prospects for a season high goal scorer.