HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Rask vs Schneider (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1319113)

488fitter 01-09-2013 01:52 AM

Rask vs Schneider

They both have strong teams infront of them and are both projected to take the bulk of the workload this year.

Assuming they both play close to the same amount of games, who racks up the most wins?

HellsBells 01-09-2013 01:55 AM

I'll go with Rask.

Better team, better goalie IMO.

nowhereman 01-09-2013 02:00 AM

I think Vancouver will finish ahead of Boston in the standings and Schneider will be a big part of that.

Silfverberg Snipes 01-09-2013 02:04 AM

Rask.

Our lineup is going to be pretty messy and I can see us struggling right out of the gate. Without Kesler I don't see Schneider even competing with Rask.

Evincar 01-09-2013 02:38 AM

Rask easily. If Luongo isnt traded he will split time with Schneider.

Regal 01-09-2013 02:39 AM

I doubt they do play similar number of games, as I don't think Luongo will be traded right away, and if so, he'll get a lot more games than Khudobin. Still, I'd probably say Rask, as the Bruins look pretty set, and I can see them looking like they did before the bit of a fall in the second half of last season.

Vancouver Blazers 01-09-2013 02:43 AM

Whoops. Voted Schneider, because I assumed the poll was "Who is the better goalie?"

Rask will win more this year, with Schneider and Luongo splitting duties.

The Red Line 01-09-2013 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Litework (Post 57325931)
Rask easily. If Luongo isnt traded he will split time with Schneider.

This.

If Luongo isn't traded, he is still the starter and the better goalie, will likely get more starts and more wins than Schneider.

Also up to this point Rask has proven more, imo.

PhillyBluesFan 01-09-2013 02:53 AM

Schneider, he's an elite talent.

InjuredChoker 01-09-2013 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilCountry84 (Post 57325403)
Assuming they both play close to the same amount of games, who racks up the most wins?

In that case, Schneider. I'm so high on him that can't even go homer here.

Le Magnifique 66 01-09-2013 08:33 AM

Depends if Schneider is a starter or not, i'd say Rask right now since Thomas isn't going back to Boston for sure

KnightofBoston 01-09-2013 09:02 AM

Sort of a misleading thread, many people will pick Schneider because he's the more reliable tender (and I agree) but when it comes to wins, that has a lot more to do with the team in front. So ill say rask

Aucoin11* 01-09-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightofBoston (Post 57330335)
Sort of a misleading thread, many people will pick Schneider because he's the more reliable tender (and I agree) but when it comes to wins, that has a lot more to do with the team in front. So ill say rask

Schneider isn't more reliable.

RapidFire 01-09-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Except that its not really the case here... thats if you look at the last 2 seasons

Rask: 22W-27L (0.449 W%)

Schneider: 36W-15L (0.706%)

The teams havent changed that much in either direction (I dont think Kesler's absence to start the season will be that bad) from 2 seasons ago to this upcoming season, so why exactly should I believe Rask will have more wins?

CanucksSayEh 01-09-2013 12:24 PM

Schnieder > Rask but who knows how many games Schnieds will play this year.

488fitter 01-09-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I put "assuming they play close to the same games" in the OP hoping that would keep it closer. Shoulda maybe said assuming Bobby Lou gets traded.

617Marine 01-09-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyBluesFan (Post 57326047)

And Rask isn't?

I'll take Rask, but Schneider is no slouch.

Drop the Sopel 01-09-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aucoin11 (Post 57333113)
Schneider isn't more reliable.

Why not? He's put up better numbers than Rask the last 2 years on a worse defensive team. Thrown in cold in the playoffs and looked amazing...

Nobody has better numbers than Schneider over the past 2 seasons. He couldn't possibly have been more reliable...

I would say Rask wins more games. The Canucks are looking very thin up the middle to start the year.

StringerBell 01-09-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Agreed.

Aucoin11* 01-10-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel (Post 57378661)
Why not? He's put up better numbers than Rask the last 2 years on a worse defensive team. Thrown in cold in the playoffs and looked amazing...

Nobody has better numbers than Schneider over the past 2 seasons. He couldn't possibly have been more reliable...

I would say Rask wins more games. The Canucks are looking very thin up the middle to start the year.

Because Rask is a better goalie, it isn't all about numbers and just the past two seasons.

Gord 01-10-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhillyBluesFan (Post 57326047)

many of us think Rask is the better player.
I'm an Oiler fan and Oiler fans pump the tires of their young players way to much.
the Schneider love puts them all to shame. I think Schneider could be the most overrated player in the league.
I'm looking forward to finding out over the next couple of years if he really is the goaltending god he is made out to be.

Luuuongo 01-10-2013 02:23 PM

Schneider. Come on now, the Canucks are in a division with the Avs, Wild, Flames and Oilers..

Schalkenullvier* 01-10-2013 02:33 PM

oops voted rask because I was too stupid to read OP

I think schneider will win more because Van will once again finish higher in the RS standings.

Benny FTW 01-10-2013 02:52 PM

Schneider

Caustic 01-10-2013 02:56 PM

Tough call on who will have the most wins. With Kesler out indefinitely, I would not be surprised to see Vancouver struggle a bit for the first part of the season. Besides the Sedins, he's our most important forward.
So if the Canucks were 100%, I'd slightly give them the edge. But since they're not, I'll give a slight edge to Rask.

Who's the better goalie? I actually think they're both excellent at this point. If you look at the stats though, Schneider has gotten better and better every year whereas Rask is pretty steady. So given the option of one over the other, I'd pick Schneider because I'm not sure he's entirely hit his potential yet... but that's really a pretty slight edge since I don't think Schneider can realistically improve on last year's stellar numbers much.

Which goalie will get the better stats? (GAA, Save %) I'm going to go with Schneider again, but only barely. With the loss of Salo and Kesler's return unknown, we may lose a bit of our defensive acumen this year.