HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Business of Hockey (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   OT: NBA Sacramento denies sale to Seattle group (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1319315)

LadyStanley 01-09-2013 11:41 AM

OT: NBA Sacramento denies sale to Seattle group
 
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/01/09/510...#mi_rss=Sports

And the rumors fly :sarcasm::naughty:

DaveTheHockeyFan 01-09-2013 11:45 AM

We want Burkle

Mightygoose 01-09-2013 12:02 PM

They deny the team has been sold. Nothing denying that they are selling

Love the quote 'Kings spokesman Eric Rose reiterated the team's stance that it will not comment about rumors from other cities. "If we had something to announce, we'd announce it," he said

Very similar langauge Bettman used when rebuffing an NHL team in Winnipeg a few years ago.

We'll see if there is any fire with this smoke

gstommylee 01-09-2013 12:56 PM

@WojYahooNBA The Maloofs are finalizing an agreement to sell the Sacramento Kings to the Hansen-Ballmer led Seattle group

just copying from the seattle thread.

Brodie 01-09-2013 01:39 PM

it's a shame the NBA is going to lose one of it's oldest franchise's histories when they revert to being the Sonics.

gstommylee 01-09-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodie (Post 57347373)
it's a shame the NBA is going to lose one of it's oldest franchise's histories when they revert to being the Sonics.

I feel bad for sac king fans. They do not deserve idoit owners.

RangerBoy 01-09-2013 01:58 PM

Chris Hansen wants an NHL team too.

From last September

Quote:

In a deal announced Tuesday, Seattle City Council and investor Chris Hansen reached a revised agreement to build a $490 million arena that could accommodate both an NBA and NHL franchise. According to The Associated Press, the finalized agreement requires an environmental review of the proposed site, which is south of Safeco Field, and formal votes from council.
Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/P...#ixzz2HVfzLo2L

I don't mean to start trouble but the Coyotes would be the ideal team to play in Seattle.

Ownership with deep pockets. New arena. Pacific Northwest.

gstommylee 01-09-2013 02:04 PM

He wants a NHL team to make it work finanically but isn't want to be majority owner is what i heard.

RangerBoy 01-09-2013 02:05 PM

Sacramento got their team from Kansas City. The Sacramento fans now know how the Kansas City fans felt losing their team. The team in Sacramento did nothing. Except for those few years after the 1998-99 lockout. Geoff Petrie built a good team. They had the Lakers beat one year but Chris Webber didn't have the sack to take an open shot. Webber. Bibby. Divac. Peja.

Reality Check 01-09-2013 02:08 PM

Seattle is ecstatic right now.

If the NHL happens down the line, great. But this was always the number one option.

Big McLargehuge 01-09-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodie (Post 57347373)
it's a shame the NBA is going to lose one of it's oldest franchise's histories when they revert to being the Sonics.

Yeah, but it's not like the Kings haven't had a tumultuous history. It only makes sense for the Rochester-Cincinnati-Kansas City-Omaha-Sacramento Royal Kings to 'end' this way.

gstommylee 01-09-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reality Check (Post 57349211)
Seattle is ecstatic right now.

If the NHL happens down the line, great. But this was always the number one option.

This gets the arena built. NHL is incing on the cake.

Melrose Munch 01-09-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 57349029)
Sacramento got their team from Kansas City. The Sacramento fans now know how the Kansas City fans felt losing their team. The team in Sacramento did nothing. Except for those few years after the 1998-99 lockout. Geoff Petrie built a good team. They had the Lakers beat one year but Chris Webber didn't have the sack to take an open shot. Webber. Bibby. Divac. Peja.

That team was amazing.

Big McLargehuge 01-09-2013 02:30 PM

As long as the arena gets built I think the NHL becomes inevitable. This gets the arena built.

Expansion to 32 in Seattle and Quebec in 2015 or 2016. It just makes too much sense.

mikelvl 01-09-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gstommylee (Post 57348961)
He wants a NHL team to make it work finanically but isn't want to be majority owner is what i heard.

I think that Don Levin will be the majority owner of any hockey team in Seattle. I think that the Jamison acquisition just buys a couple of more years before he and his investors give up and the 'Yotes move to Seattle.

Quebec and Toronto2 will be expansion teams because they will pay anything to get in the league.

AtlantaWhaler 01-09-2013 02:34 PM

Wow...so we may get the returns of the Charlotte Hornets AND the Seattle Super Sonics (as well as the emergence of the New Orleans Pelicans)?!

Brodie 01-09-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge (Post 57350067)
Yeah, but it's not like the Kings haven't had a tumultuous history. It only makes sense for the Rochester-Cincinnati-Kansas City-Omaha-Sacramento Royal Kings to 'end' this way.

the irony, though, is that the Kings is a better name for a Seattle team than any of the cities they played in previously.

Reality Check 01-09-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler (Post 57350935)
Wow...so we may get the returns of the Charlotte Hornets AND the Seattle Super Sonics (as well as the emergence of the New Orleans Pelicans)?!

If the NBA is so committed to keeping New Orleans, then give them back the nickname of the Jazz.

"Jazz" is the last place of I think of in Mormon country.

nwpensfan 01-09-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge (Post 57350703)
As long as the arena gets built I think the NHL becomes inevitable. This gets the arena built.

Expansion to 32 in Seattle and Quebec in 2015 or 2016. It just makes too much sense.

Agreed. If the Kings do relocate here the NHL following soon is inevitable.

gstommylee 01-09-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikelvl (Post 57350797)
I think that Don Levin will be the majority owner of any hockey team in Seattle. I think that the Jamison acquisition just buys a couple of more years before he and his investors give up and the 'Yotes move to Seattle.

Quebec and Toronto2 will be expansion teams because they will pay anything to get in the league.

I don't think Levin is involved with the Seattle arena. He was belleuve group i believe.

gstommylee 01-09-2013 03:35 PM

https://twitter.com/kjrmitch/status/289121514916298752

KJR mitch is calling the repot that the maloofs rejected the deal is bogus.

DirtyOldMan 01-09-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodie (Post 57351925)
the irony, though, is that the Kings is a better name for a Seattle team than any of the cities they played in previously.

Am I a total trivia geek if I admit somehow knowing Seattle is in King County, WA, despite never living anywhere near there, and only visiting once? (what I did just have to look up, however, was how the county got it's name. wikipedia is your friend.)

Big McLargehuge 01-09-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodie (Post 57351925)
the irony, though, is that the Kings is a better name for a Seattle team than any of the cities they played in previously.

:laugh:

True.


Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan (Post 57356835)
Am I a total trivia geek if I admit somehow knowing Seattle is in King County, WA, despite never living anywhere near there, and only visiting once? (what I did just have to look up, however, was how the county got it's name. wikipedia is your friend.)

Kingdome? That's how I always knew it was in King County.

Brodie 01-09-2013 04:27 PM

I remember it because they renamed the county after MLK a few years ago

RangerBoy 01-09-2013 05:45 PM

David Stern wants the NBA to return to Seattle

Ric Bucher on Sulia

Quote:

What I know about the Kings-to-Seattle story at this point: sources say the Maloofs are getting back into the liquor business and the only way for them to do that is to sell the Kings, their last asset of any worth. The Maloofs, of course, had beverage distributorships in Colorado and New Mexico but sold them to try -- futilely -- to keep their Las Vegas hotel casino, The Palms, afloat. Separate sources say that putting a team back in Seattle is at the top of David Stern's bucket list as NBA commissioner and, as we know, David invariably gets what he wants. The Maloofs reversed field once before, on a deal that would've kept the team in Sacramento, but sources say the terms of that deal were negotiated by Stern and that the Maloofs backed out because the terms weren't the ones they specified they had to have.
http://sulia.com/channel/la-sports/f...source=twitter

Quote:

What I know about the Kings-to-Seattle story at this point: sources say the Maloofs are getting back into the
https://twitter.com/RicBucher/status/289118937877192705

Stern is retiring on February 1,2014.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.