HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Around The NHL 2012-13 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1319399)

Blackhawkswincup 01-09-2013 12:53 PM

Around The NHL 2012-13
 
Hockey is back :handclap:

UsernameWasTaken 01-09-2013 12:54 PM

they're streaming a news conference on burke's firing: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/maple...ence/?site=www

i wonder if this all means luongo will become a leaf?

DisgruntledHawkFan 01-09-2013 12:57 PM

Luongo is a Leaf by the weeks end

Red Mosquito 01-09-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 57344229)
Luongo is a Leaf by the weeks end

Highly unlikely.

UsernameWasTaken 01-09-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 57344229)
Luongo is a Leaf by the weeks end

as a result of a hilariously massive overpayment, no doubt.

DisgruntledHawkFan 01-09-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarava (Post 57344415)
Highly unlikely.

I'd put money on it.

Blackhawkswincup 01-09-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 57344229)
Luongo is a Leaf by the weeks end

Aren't trades not allowed until Sunday?

If so that is begining of next week ;)

Red Mosquito 01-09-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 57344509)
I'd put money on it.

I don't see it for 2 reasons.

1) Vancouver would probably double their price now.
2) With the shortened schedule and fewer days off, a backup goalie is way more important this year than in normal years. Vancouver should sit tight on Luongo until the summer unless someone offers them something downright stupid.

Blackhawkswincup 01-09-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarava (Post 57344809)
I don't see it for 2 reasons.

1) Vancouver would probably double their price now.
2) With the shortened schedule and fewer days off, a backup goalie is way more important this year than in normal years. Vancouver should sit tight on Luongo until the summer unless someone offers them something downright stupid.

1- From sounds of things the Leafs ownership is willing to overpay
2- They have Eddie Lack to take over #2 role behind Schneider

Red Mosquito 01-09-2013 01:06 PM

What is with the Stalberg avatar btw?

Cullksinikers 01-09-2013 01:08 PM

BTW, Burke stays as an advisor.

UsernameWasTaken 01-09-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 57345199)
BTW, Burke stays as an advisor.

I wouldn't read too much into that - it's a common title given when someone's turfed before the end of their contract. you see the same with coaches.

Red Mosquito 01-09-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken (Post 57345353)
I wouldn't read too much into that - it's a common title given when someone's turfed before the end of their contract. you see the same with coaches.

Yeah Dale Tallon was an advisor for a short time after getting axed by the Hawks.

On another note - JJ is floating out the idea that Nick Leddy could be traded soon...hmm.

Blackhawkswincup 01-09-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarava (Post 57345041)
What is with the Stalberg avatar btw?

I basically said we would have no hockey this and I was so sure of it I said I would sport a Stalberg Avy for season if I was wrong

Well I was wrong and I am a man of my word so I am stuck with this thing until end of season

Blackhawkswincup 01-09-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarava (Post 57345511)
Yeah Dale Tallon was an advisor for a short time after getting axed by the Hawks.

On another note - JJ is floating out the idea that Nick Leddy could be traded soon...hmm.

If Leddy is odd man out in our defensive group then we better solve the #2 C issue longterm with that move (Plekanec or someone who we can depend on for next 4 years)

Sevanston 01-09-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarava (Post 57345511)
Yeah Dale Tallon was an advisor for a short time after getting axed by the Hawks.

On another note - JJ is floating out the idea that Nick Leddy could be traded soon...hmm.

It was nice to see JJ's blog return to floating "rumors."

Judrix 01-09-2013 01:22 PM

that Stalberg avatar is going to be a good omen when he pots 20 this year.

Red Mosquito 01-09-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 57345633)
If Leddy is odd man out in our defensive group then we better solve the #2 C issue longterm with that move (Plekanec or someone who we can depend on for next 4 years)

I'm not against trading Leddy. As you alluded to, he could bring a lot back in a trade. Clendening could fill his role longterm. Short-term I don't think either are ready to be an asset at the NHL level.

Blackhawkswincup 01-09-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judrix (Post 57346205)
that Stalberg avatar is going to be a good omen when he pots 20 this year.

Or he falters and we trade him ;)

brtriad 01-09-2013 01:35 PM

Being an advisor means "We're not going to pay you to do nothing. We're going to wait til you get another job then we'll mutually release you from your contract."

Blackhawkswincup 01-09-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brtriad (Post 57347099)
Being an advisor means "We're not going to pay you to do nothing. We're going to wait til you get another job then we'll mutually release you from your contract."

Also means plenty of golf and other such in Burke's future

Bubba88 01-09-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan (Post 57344509)
I'd put money on it.

see below
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 57344639)
Aren't trades not allowed until Sunday?

If so that is begining of next week ;)

you would lose your money

DirkGraham 01-09-2013 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 57346331)
Or he falters and we trade him ;)

Then you could change your avatar!!:handclap:

UsernameWasTaken 01-09-2013 02:36 PM

according to sportsnet, Vancouver wants Gardiner and Kadri for Luongo - if true, I'm not surprised if Burke wanted nothing to do with the trade :shakehead

Cullksinikers 01-09-2013 02:38 PM

Gardiner and Kadri for Luongo is absolutely terrible.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.