HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: PK Subban for Nail Yakupov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1320203)

Bicepus McMaximus 01-10-2013 10:40 AM

PK Subban for Nail Yakupov

Reunite the Russians and help solidify Oilers' defense...

Suggested here.

Flame away.

Blind Gardien 01-10-2013 10:43 AM

Been suggested before here. Both sides I believe passed, in general.

Anyway, to reiterate, pass as a Habs fan. Keep it civil, since it has been discussed before, so probably won't stay open too long this time around if it goes off the rails to any extent. :)

Habs need Subban too much on D, and I don't think there was much of a dynamic between Yakupov and Galchenyuk, they are both just talented guys in their own right, there wasn't some kind of special magic between them that would add any spice to reuniting them. :dunno:

hefsbeaver 01-10-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blind Gardien (Post 57391811)
Been suggested before here. Both sides I believe passed, in general.

Anyway, to reiterate, pass as a Habs fan. Keep it civil, since it has been discussed before, so probably won't stay open too long this time around if it goes off the rails to any extent. :)

Habs need Subban too much on D, and I don't think there was much of a dynamic between Yakupov and Galchenyuk, they are both just talented guys in their own right, there wasn't some kind of special magic between them that would add any spice to reuniting them. :dunno:

Isnt he an american and not russian? Anyway I would think if a deal like this went down the oilers would have to add

Uber Coca 01-10-2013 10:46 AM

Subban's a special player. Not saying Yakupov isn't, but we have no proof he's going to be a star in the NHL as of now. It's makes no sense from the Habs POV to get rid of his best d-man.

rockinghockey 01-10-2013 10:46 AM

How many times is this going to be brought up; EDM fans say no, MON fans say no.

TMLFC 01-10-2013 10:47 AM

Seems very good for both. Don't see why either would want to pass up what potential each player would bring to their team.

Galchenyuk + Yak would be a dream to build around. They would make the Habs something to talk about.

A legit, fired up, ready to win young dman that brings everything, is exactly what Edmonton is looking for.

TSA0402 01-10-2013 10:54 AM

Value doesn't seem too bad. Maybe favor Oilers a bit. Yakupov has more potential, but PK is the proven piece.

Don't think Habs can afford to lose Subban, and doubt Oilers would be interested in losing Yakupov ceiling, but if I was an Oiler fan, I'd be all over that one.

EveryDay 01-10-2013 10:55 AM

No thanks.

Montreal Shadow 01-10-2013 10:56 AM

Oilers should say yes...maybe. The problem with that team is they have too many skilled undersized forwards(Eberle, Hemsky, RNH, Gagner) and no true n.1 dman. Down the line, Subban could prove to be one of the best number 1 dmen in the league and I believe that is a more valuable commodity than a top line winger.

Prairie Habs 01-10-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hefsbeaver (Post 57391935)
Isnt he an american and not russian? Anyway I would think if a deal like this went down the oilers would have to add

They played together in the OHL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 (Post 57391987)
Seems very good for both. Don't see why either would want to pass up what potential each player would bring to their team.

Galchenyuk + Yak would be a dream to build around. They would make the Habs something to talk about.

A legit, fired up, ready to win young dman that brings everything, is exactly what Montreal is looking for.

There you go.

Montreal is looking for another RH top 4 D, not to trade our only one away. After Price, Subban is our most untouchable player.

zeus3007* 01-10-2013 10:57 AM

Makes tons of sense in some ways, but little sense in other ways.

The biggest issue for me as an Oiler fan is that I have no idea what Subban wants for a contract. If he wants a huge payday, then probably not the deal I would want.

Jabba11 01-10-2013 11:01 AM

I think Subban will bring the Oilers more closer and faster in becoming a Contender team than Yakupov. Therefore, Yakupov + 2nd round 2013 for PK Subban.

B A T M A N 01-10-2013 11:09 AM

If I were a Habs fan, I'd jump ALL over this deal.

CanadianSharks 01-10-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jabba11 (Post 57392635)
I think Subban will bring the Oilers more closer and faster in becoming a Contender team than Yakupov. Therefore, Yakupov + 2nd round 2013 for PK Subban.

I'd be on the fence. Turn that to a conditional first based on them making the playoffs and I'd be tempted, which is shocking considering I've never been very high on Yakupov, but that kind of potential return is intriguing. However, Subban is in a 3-way tie with Price and Couture for my favourite player, hence I'd be unlikely the accept this.

roboninja 01-10-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeus3007 (Post 57392461)
Makes tons of sense in some ways, but little sense in other ways.

The biggest issue for me as an Oiler fan is that I have no idea what Subban wants for a contract. If he wants a huge payday, then probably not the deal I would want.

This is partially true. The other factor that would make me hesitate is the unknown from Yakupov. Sure, he has proven nothing yet. But he could also blossom into the next 40-50 goal scorer, in which case I'd rather keep him.

I still probably accept the trade, but I would nervously watch Yak's progression.

thadd 01-10-2013 11:17 AM

Isn't this the 6th or 7th time we've done this in the last month???

Montreal says no. They need Suban.
Edmonton says no. They have Schultz and Petry.
No.
Thanks

Habs 4 Life 01-10-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne (Post 57393029)
If I were a Habs fan, I'd jump ALL over this deal.

and then what? How do we replace him?

Suxnet 01-10-2013 11:25 AM

No...again.

hefsbeaver 01-10-2013 11:36 AM

[QUOTE=Prairie Habs;57392437]They played together in the OHL.

thanks

Falco Lombardi 01-10-2013 11:38 AM

I'm not understanding why Edmonton is passing on this but I guess their fans would know their situation better than me.

Subban would easily be the best player on that defense and while Yak is great, he's the 4th out of 4 of their big forwards.

416Leafer 01-10-2013 11:38 AM

I think value is fairly similar. But Montreal can't really afford to move Subban. They'll have to hope some combination of Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Collberg, Plekanec, etc can create a forward group good enoguh to build around.

Very likely they'll need to find another high end piece for their top 6, at some point but if they move Subban than they're really hurting longterm on D (at least in terms of top pairing).

Nothing As It Seems 01-10-2013 11:59 AM

I'd say no if I was Montreal. Personally, I think Subban will go on to be one of the very best d-men in the entire league and one of the top 10-20 most valuable assets in the league. I know those are lofty predictions, but I don't even like the Habs and it's just the feeling I get.

StarsFan74 01-10-2013 12:05 PM

Scoring wingers are a lot easier to come by than puck-moving offensive d-men. Bergevin does not do this if he is smart.

Draiskull 01-10-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Inglorious One (Post 57394505)
I'm not understanding why Edmonton is passing on this but I guess their fans would know their situation better than me.

Subban would easily be the best player on that defense and while Yak is great, he's the 4th out of 4 of their big forwards.

Lets say STL misses the playoffs and wins the lottery selecting Seth Jones 1st overall..
Would you trade him for J.Benn just because Benn would be your #1 forward and Jones your #3 Dman?

EDM is happy with who they selected 1st overall.. He may be a #4 here at the moment but has the potential to be a franchise player.

IceDaddy 01-10-2013 12:08 PM

Hasn't this one been beaten to death? Both sides hate the idea, which probably means its a fair deal but whatever.....