HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: CBJ and EDM (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1320229)

rockinghockey 01-10-2013 11:39 AM

CBJ and EDM
 
I am taking a look at both teams and I think that these two teams can make a very good trading partner.

CBJ are actually pretty deep with dmen and that is what EDM could use.

I know that Howson has always like Hemsky and Hemsky has proven to be healthy by the amount of games that he has played at the end of last year and this year over seas.

Hemsky would give CBJ a winger that has major skill and is only 28.

Which dman would CBJ give up for him?

Fro 01-10-2013 11:42 AM

been waiting for this thread to start again...do not want

Nikita Filatov 01-10-2013 11:46 AM

Goloubef+
Maybe Savard, I don't want to see that though.
If Hemsky shows some promise this year and our kids keep developing there might actually be something that could be done around Wiz/Hemsky but Wisniewski is needed until shown expendable by other assets.

zeus3007* 01-10-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fro (Post 57394727)
been waiting for this thread to start again...do not want

Yeah, who needs offense when you have no goaltending?

Seriously though, Howson has always liked Hemsky, that's well known. So regardless of whether or not fans "want", I'm sure managment would have interest, probably not at the price Edmonton would want though.

Fro 01-10-2013 11:58 AM

Who needs offense? of course we do...just need someone who isn't one accident away from being Kristian Heuselius part 2

Ludicrous Speed 01-10-2013 12:08 PM

If the price is right I'd love Hemsky. But the price probably isn't right.

SuperGenius 01-10-2013 01:21 PM

I'd rather Paajarvi be involved, honestly.

Crede777 01-10-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed (Post 57396097)
If the price is right I'd love Hemsky. But the price probably isn't right.

This. I don't see Columbus giving up one of their top-4 if they are trying to build defense first (they are).

Edmonton doesn't really need any defensive prospects, they have those. The only player that makes sense is Ryan Murray and I am sure Howson wouldn't trade him for Hemsky (or a package with Hemsky as the main piece).

Methot + NYR 1st or LA 1st + someone like Calvert or Goloubef would have been the package but he was moved for Foligno.

Edmonton should try a top-6 of RNH, Hall, Yakupov, Eberle, Hemsky, and Jones (?) before they really do anything.

Columbus is kinda the same way, see what they have.

BattleGuy 01-10-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperGenius (Post 57399935)
I'd rather Paajarvi be involved, honestly.

Why not take them both?

Petro Points 01-10-2013 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede777 (Post 57400601)
This. I don't see Columbus giving up one of their top-4 if they are trying to build defense first (they are).

Edmonton doesn't really need any defensive prospects, they have those. The only player that makes sense is Ryan Murray and I am sure Howson wouldn't trade him for Hemsky (or a package with Hemsky as the main piece).

Methot + NYR 1st or LA 1st + someone like Calvert or Goloubef would have been the package but he was moved for Foligno.

Edmonton should try a top-6 of RNH, Hall, Yakupov, Eberle, Hemsky, and Jones (?) before they really do anything.

Columbus is kinda the same way, see what they have.

The bolded is a lot to give up for Hemsky but since you are open to giving up multiple 1sts how about Aucoin + LA 1st + NYR 1st for Hemsky ?

Vankiller Whale 01-10-2013 02:07 PM

Wiz for Hemsky.

Crede777 01-10-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro Points (Post 57402693)
The bolded is a lot to give up for Hemsky but since you are open to giving up multiple 1sts how about Aucoin + LA 1st + NYR 1st for Hemsky ?

You read that wrong. It was either/or.

lakai17 01-10-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperGenius (Post 57399935)
I'd rather Paajarvi be involved, honestly.

same here.

TSA0402 01-10-2013 02:47 PM

I dont see a fit. Columbus top 4 d-men are pretty much set and played well together to end the season. Hemsky is too much of a risk for a guy like John Moore.

As for Paajarvi, a definite no. Too many top nine forwards, don't even imagine there would be room for Paajarvi.

I like the idea of trading one of Moore/Savard/Erixon for a young forward in similar situation, but not Paajarvi.

canovin 01-10-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSA0402 (Post 57404795)
I dont see a fit. Columbus top 4 d-men are pretty much set and played well together to end the season. Hemsky is too much of a risk for a guy like John Moore.

As for Paajarvi, a definite no. Too many top nine forwards, don't even imagine there would be room for Paajarvi.

I like the idea of trading one of Moore/Savard/Erixon for a young forward in similar situation, but not Paajarvi.

I'd imagine Jackets would be in the playoffs with top 4 d-men are all set with too many top nine forwards.

Vankiller Whale 01-10-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canovin (Post 57405039)
I'd imagine Jackets would be in the playoffs with top 4 d-men are all set with too many top nine forwards.

I think the problem is none are 1st line calibre...and goaltending.

ManByng 01-10-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fro (Post 57394727)
been waiting for this thread to start again...do not want

me too! do not want Columbus leftovers!

but seriously, with Methot gone to Ottawa in the Nick Foligno trade ;), John Moore would be tempting.

rockinghockey 01-10-2013 03:07 PM

Out of the following dmen which ones would you move Tyutin, Nikitin or Moore. I know Moore is not proven yet but he is a big dman that hits and that is what EDM needs. He can start out on the 3rd pairing with either Whitney or Schultz.

Fro 01-10-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 57405689)
Out of the following dmen which ones would you move Tyutin, Nikitin or Moore. I know Moore is not proven yet but he is a big dman that hits and that is what EDM needs. He can start out on the 3rd pairing with either Whitney or Schultz.

none for Hemsky...

Crede777 01-10-2013 03:15 PM

Moore isn't super physical. And with Schultz, Klefbom, Teubert, etc. I think Edmonton has good defensive prospects.

I would move Nikitin but that may just be me. Many Jackets fans love him and think he turned the corner upon being paired with Tyutin. We will see.

As I said, the player for Edmonton was Methot. He is big, physical, defensively sound, can skate the puck, and can log a lot of minutes. Put him with Schultz or Whitney.

judge301 01-10-2013 03:19 PM

I'd rather people look into the actual depth of the Oilers prospect pool on defense before making a weekly thread suggesting they have no talent at the position. It's like a stuck record. I'm not suggesting there isn't room for an addition at all. Just saying there is alot more there than many think and have repeated for the last number of years like lemmings.

lakai17 01-10-2013 03:40 PM

what is the value of Nikitin to Edmonton?

rockinghockey 01-10-2013 03:46 PM

What type of deal could be made for Yak, he would be a very nice top line player.
Johansen, Nikitin,and NYR or LA 1st.

blinkman360 01-10-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinghockey (Post 57407453)
What type of deal could be made for Yak, he would be a very nice top line player.
Johansen, Nikitin,and NYR or LA 1st.

I'd imagine that would actually be tempting for Edmonton.

roboninja 01-10-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede777 (Post 57400601)
This. I don't see Columbus giving up one of their top-4 if they are trying to build defense first (they are).

Edmonton doesn't really need any defensive prospects, they have those. The only player that makes sense is Ryan Murray and I am sure Howson wouldn't trade him for Hemsky (or a package with Hemsky as the main piece).

Methot + NYR 1st or LA 1st + someone like Calvert or Goloubef would have been the package but he was moved for Foligno.

Edmonton should try a top-6 of RNH, Hall, Yakupov, Eberle, Hemsky, and Jones (?) before they really do anything.

Columbus is kinda the same way, see what they have.

Gagner is #2C. Jones plays the 3rd with Horcoff & Smyth usually.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.