HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Pre Game Talk: Penguins @ Flyers | 1/19/2013 | 3:00 PM ET (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1320285)

Kuhnhackl 01-10-2013 12:45 PM

Pre Game Talk: Penguins @ Flyers | 1/19/2013 | 3:00 PM ET

Couldn't resist.

Quote:

Shelly Anderson
‏@pgshelly
Local NBC affiliate reports on social media that #Penguins opener is Jan. 19, 3 pm at Philly.

bigd 01-10-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71 (Post 57397931)
Couldn't resist.

Wow, nothing like jumping from the frying pan right into the fire!

Kuhnhackl 01-17-2013 12:34 PM

Bump

Le Magnifique 66 01-17-2013 12:36 PM

Finally get to scream Let's Go Pens again! :yo:

Kuhnhackl 01-17-2013 12:36 PM

What do you guys expect the lineup to look like Saturday now that the roster is set?

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Tangradi-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Adams-Vitale-Glass
Jeffery

Despres-Letang
Orpik-Martin
Niskanen-Engelland
Bortuzzo, Lovejoy

Shady Machine 01-17-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71 (Post 57736845)
What do you guys expect the lineup to look like Saturday now that the roster is set?

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Tangradi-Malkin-Neal
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Adams-Vitale-Glass
Jeffery

Despres-Letang
Orpik-Martin
Niskanen-Engelland
Bortuzzo, Lovejoy

Yup that seems like the most likely combos. I really wanted to see Bortuzzo in the lineup, but there's just no room.

Kuhnhackl 01-17-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shady Machine (Post 57737179)
Yup that seems like the most likely combos. I really wanted to see Bortuzzo in the lineup, but there's just no room.

Until line 2 goes 2 shifts without scoring and Disco moves Glass up to Tangradi's spot.

:sarcasm:

Coach John McGuirk 01-17-2013 12:47 PM

I hope Tangradi makes it, and kills it all season so we can finally put that storyline to rest.

Shady Machine 01-17-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 71 (Post 57737263)
Until line 2 goes 2 shifts without scoring and Disco moves Glass up to Tangradi's spot.

:sarcasm:

I wish I could use the :sarcasm: face and be seriously sarcastic. I can't until proven otherwise.

Mr Jiggyfly 01-17-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shady Machine (Post 57737179)

Give it a month, by then Letang will be concussed and Martin will be out with hurt feelings.

Darth Vitale 01-17-2013 02:21 PM

http://www.chinasmack.com/wp-content...ives-fight.jpg

"Now look what you did; you've bruised the Eggs Martin and we'll have to throw the whole batch out and start over!!"

"Don't talk to me that way *****! Do you know who I am?!"

Mr Jiggyfly 01-17-2013 02:36 PM

I'm giving Martin a - for this game.

He was ****ing ******* ****** brutal.

OnMyOwn 01-17-2013 02:41 PM

i love how there's like three penguin hate threads on the flyers board already... man they really love talking about us, haha. its kind of cute in a way.

Frederick Stanley 01-17-2013 02:50 PM

I'm hoping for some good defense and goaltending this time, don't start the season like you ended the last one.

Shady Machine 01-17-2013 02:54 PM

Yeah their fans really have a lot of anger, hatred. I never remember being that angry even after that Islanders game but I'm also not really that intense of a dude.

Darth Vitale 01-17-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnMyOwn (Post 57744603)
i love how there's like three penguin hate threads on the flyers board already... man they really love talking about us, haha. its kind of cute in a way.

The level of Neal-hate is epic. :laugh:

He might take Sid's place as the most hated player. All he has to do is score a couple goals and hit someone a couple times and they'll label him the anti-christ.

I love how 20 posts in no one had figured out that Asham is no longer a Penguin. Then someone tells them and it was "oh we knew that...".

Then why bring it up until the first game against Asham? Philly quality... unmatched.

Best of all they name the thread Retribution, even though they won the series. It's like the fact that they won was overshadowed by the fact that there was rough stuff between the teams and cheap shots going around in one of the ugliest, most cluster-****ed series I've ever seen. Like there was any innocence on either bench. The whole thing was out of control.

Rectify 01-17-2013 02:56 PM

^ I was just reading that thread, good stuff... good stuff.

I hope we win by a complete fluke or stupid goal, just to watch their heads explode.

MonsterSurge 01-17-2013 03:03 PM

I hope they start Adams - Vitale - Glass. Wouldn't they be awesome for them to just run people through the boards on the first shift?

Mr Jiggyfly 01-17-2013 03:05 PM

I've been looking fwd to this season just to listen to Flyer fans rationale about how Crosby is a crybaby and Giroux is a true leader.

Shady Machine 01-17-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonsterSurge (Post 57746085)
I hope they start Adams - Vitale - Glass. Wouldn't they be awesome for them to just run people through the boards on the first shift?

I'd be fine with that, but I'd rather see Sid go out and score a goal in the first shift.

#66 01-17-2013 03:06 PM

I'm hoping that Orpik playing with martin allows him to go on more seek and destroy missions.

I'm also hoping that the D to wing pass is kept short and then made longer on Sunday.

Darth Vitale 01-17-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holotypic (Post 57745601)
^ I was just reading that thread, good stuff... good stuff.

I hope we win by a complete fluke or stupid goal, just to watch their heads explode.

Heheh. That would be righteous. Or maybe penalty shot goal (real penalty shot, not shootout). Will be interesting to see how the refs handle it. If they'll let them play for the excitement / tv factor, or if they'll clamp down early to avoid last year's crap carrying over to this year.

Til the End of Time 01-17-2013 03:09 PM

for all the phila bashing, let's not forget how they straight up embarrassed the pens last season. one of the most embarrassing series of all-time, truly. thank god they didn't win the cup last year.

i feel like this pens team might be a little stale/lack that fire, so it will be interesting to see how they respond to playing their hated rivals.

also want to see how maf plays. he was obviously bad last season, and some people have suggested he hasn't been great in camp. also this talk about all the pens players chirping at fleury and giving him a hard time in practices? it sounds a little weird. plus he was m.i.a. all lockout.

hope he responds in a big way on saturday.

MonsterSurge 01-17-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shady Machine (Post 57746187)
I'd be fine with that, but I'd rather see Sid go out and score a goal in the first shift.

What if Vitale scored the goal and punched Bryzgalov after?

Darth Vitale 01-17-2013 03:15 PM

They're just jealous we won the series last year. (Go Comcast - NBC! Way to support the home team!)

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...ionist-history