HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Phil Kessel (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1320497)

Morlesio14* 01-10-2013 05:06 PM

Phil Kessel

This thread had to have come sometime. People have been saying that we should trade Kessel under our new gm. What would you offer? Please reply kindly to us confused leaf fans.

Minimalist* 01-10-2013 05:08 PM

Two 1sts and a 2nd

Shaun 01-10-2013 05:10 PM

1st
2nd
Jordan Caron

Aquin001 on Ice 01-10-2013 05:12 PM

Mark Scheifele.

Vankiller Whale 01-10-2013 05:15 PM

Schneider + Kassian + 1st conditional on Canucks making the SCF in either of the next 2 years.

InfinityIggy 01-10-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morlesio14 (Post 57411069)
This thread had to have come sometime. People have been saying that we should trade Kessel under our new gm. What would you offer? Please reply kindly to us confused leaf fans.

I imagine if the Leafs move Kessel they are rebuilding? Ugh anyway I dunno heres an offer:

1st
Jankowski
Hudler

For

Kessel

Minimalist* 01-10-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InfinityIggy (Post 57411557)
I imagine if the Leafs move Kessel they are rebuilding? Ugh anyway I dunno heres an offer:

1st
Jankowski
Hudler

For

Kessel

They be lining up around the block to get Jankowski.

InfinityIggy 01-10-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minimalist (Post 57411603)
They be lining up around the block to get Jankowski.

Shh don't tell anyone, I am only offering this deal to you Leafs fans, I know you guys need a cup.

thepatient 01-10-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57411415)
Schneider + Kassian + 1st conditional on Canucks making the SCF in either of the next 2 years.

I would do this

S2S 01-10-2013 05:59 PM

Now that there are no ties to him in the Burke since, yes, I do think its a higher possibility he is dealt. But you don't deal him for the sake of it. He is a big investment and whether or not you don't get back what you gave for him, you need to get something or their is no point.

If not rebuilding, his value is equal player at a different position in a one for one.

If rebuilding:

Top prospect
Medium prospect
1st

I think that is more than fair.

seanlinden 01-10-2013 06:07 PM

Does anyone honestly believe that Dave Nonis, despite being here for the majority of Burke's tenure, is going to push the reset button again, and with this type of magnitude?

No, there may not be as much attachment from the GM's standpoint anymore, but realistically, any deal that sees Phil Kessel leave Toronto needs to see the Leafs become a better team in the process. The packages proposed here, don't come anywhere near doing that.

Furthermore, a quick look at the Leafs cap situation for next year tells you that they've got $23m in space, with 10 players to add. You consider the possibility of buying out the final year of Komisarek's deal, and it's $27.5m in space with 11 players to add. The LAST thing we're going to be doing is shedding salary via trade.

Maybe, you make the case that we're better off with a centre of his value level, but honestly -- not a single name comes to my head in terms of being at his talent level, age, and being a player that the other team would move. The only other case you could make, is if Nonis was able to recruit both Getzlaf & Perry, in which case the Leafs would obviously need to be looking for some cheaper players.

The Podium 01-10-2013 06:08 PM

This is stupid, Kessel wont be going anywhere. If Nonis doesnt re-sign him hell be out the door as well.

nmbr_24 01-10-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heista18 (Post 57412953)
LOL. And your hockey talk credibility has now been removed.

? Isn't that exactly what the Leafs paid for him? I don't see that as any kind of outrageous post.

MadFlava 01-10-2013 06:19 PM

Kessel is probably worth a 1st round pick (12-32) and a top tier prospect. Teams that would want him will be playoff teams or cup contenders looking to put their team over the top for a playoff run.

Phion Keneuf 01-10-2013 06:30 PM

Kessel is worth a 1st + prospect yet people on here are asking for 1st + Gardiner for Luongo ....

ya no ...

Kessel is untouchable, enough with this nonsense ... you want him, you give us a star player

Minimalist* 01-10-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf (Post 57414515)
Kessel is worth a 1st + prospect yet people on here are asking for 1st + Gardiner for Luongo ....

ya no ...

Kessel is untouchable, enough with this nonsense ... you want him, you give us a star player

I agree with this. Kessel is a reliable 30 goal sniper, with 40+ potential. His value is Bobby Ryan-esque. I'd say even more than Ryan after his breakout season last year.

Great player.

Pip 01-10-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

ya no ...

You have it all wrong

People have offered Kadri/Bozak+ pick for Luongo, some Canuck fans asked for Gardiner +

People have offered Kassian, Schnieder and a first, some Toronto fans want Kesler +

Asking price =/= what's being offered

Vankiller Whale 01-10-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Anyone who expects that is a serious homer. But let's not bring that into this thread.

Quote:

I sure hope he's not untouchable, as that means he'll likely walk next year with the Leafs getting nothing for him. As long as he stays with the Leafs his success will be tainted, by always being compared to the careers of three other players combined.

That said, I think my above offer was a pretty good one.

7even 01-10-2013 06:39 PM

He'd look good in Florida, but I don't think the timing is right for the Panthers.

Pierce Hawthorne 01-10-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

ya no ...

Oh this post is just asking to be ripped to pieces....

Its funny how all Leafs fans go around offering there scraps and spare parts for other teams young talented players(See Duchene, Benn, Stamkos, etc) but as soon as Torontos star(ish) player is brought into the equation, you Demand a star player in return and laugh off all other proposals...

Hero 01-10-2013 06:50 PM

Kessel
for
B. Schenn + low 1st

inthewings 01-10-2013 06:51 PM

Bishop, Michalek (with an extension window) Zibanejad?

7even 01-10-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avsare1 (Post 57415063)

Its funny how all Leafs fans go around offering there scraps and spare parts for other teams young talented players(See Duchene, Benn, Stamkos, etc) but as soon as Torontos star(ish) player is brought into the equation, you Demand a star player in return and laugh off all other proposals...

You heard it hear first, Phil Kessel is only a star-ish player. Okay champ.

Also this http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

There are some stupid Leafs fans, just like every other fan base. Get over it.

Hennig 01-10-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avsare1 (Post 57415063)

Just like every other fanbase.

I love how fans have already written off that Kessel won't resign in toronto. He has stated numerous times that he loves the city, the team, and his teammates. If Nonis offers him a fair contract I have no doubt he will resign here. Would love to hear the reasons some "hf insiders" can pull out of their ass that Phil the Thrill won't resign in TO. Shall be quite humorous.

Although if CBJ offered us Johansen, Jenner and their 1st I'd do that ;)

Pierce Hawthorne 01-10-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7even (Post 57415339)
You heard it hear first, Phil Kessel is only a star-ish player. Okay champ.

Also this http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

There are some stupid Leafs fans, just like every other fan base. Get over it.

Untill he repeats what he did last year and shows some kind of consistency to last years performance, he's not a true star player. He's a good player(60-70 Point, 30 goals) until he can post back to back seasons that would support otherwise.

And the problem is there are far more.... we wont say stupid, but questionable Leafs fans then there are normal Leafs fans, and it becomes ridiculous very quickly.