HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Miscellaneous NHL Talk (discussion about NHL matters) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1320533)

MiamiScreamingEagles 01-10-2013 06:04 PM

Miscellaneous NHL Talk (discussion about NHL matters)

We can discuss league-wide NHL matters here.

Discussion regarding anything to do with fantasy sports will be in a separate thread.

Krishna 01-10-2013 06:08 PM

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/08...-season-starts

Quote:

There was talk in Montreal on Tuesday the Subban camp could be looking for a deal similar to that signed by Los Angeles Kings defenceman Drew Doughty, who landed an eight-year deal worth $56 million. That sounds like a pretty lofty demand.

PALE PWNR 01-10-2013 06:16 PM

I'd love to have Subban I know a lot on this board don't like him, but I think I would offer him a contract similair to that. I think he deserves it. I know thats an unpopular opinion but I really do think hes worth that.

Krishna 01-10-2013 06:22 PM

I don't think he's earned 8m a year just yet

I'd start thinking hard about an offer if it was over 6.5m

orangecrush8 01-10-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 57414183)
I don't think he's earned 8m a year just yet

I'd start thinking hard about an offer if it was over 6.5m

Not for nothing, but 8 years and $56 million is $7 million/year.

I dont think he has earned it, but you also have to consider that offer was put in place before the cap dropped. At this stage $6.5 is the max I would put in for Subban

Prongo 01-10-2013 06:27 PM

https://twitter.com/adater/status/289528236780711937

Quote:

Per @MChambersDP, O'Reilly wants five year deal, Avs only offering three
Is it just me or does there seem like a compromise to be made here lol.

Jack de la Hoya 01-10-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prongo (Post 57414371)
https://twitter.com/adater/status/289528236780711937

Is it just me or does there seem like a compromise to be made here lol.

I haven't look it up yet, but a guess: three years leaves him RFA, while four makes him UFA?

Krishna 01-10-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangecrush8 (Post 57414319)
Not for nothing, but 8 years and $56 million is $7 million/year.

I dont think he has earned it, but you also have to consider that offer was put in place before the cap dropped. At this stage $6.5 is the max I would put in for Subban

I'm an idiot. :laugh:

Krishna 01-10-2013 06:34 PM

Yep, 3 years leaves O'Reilly a RFA

And how can he get out of his contract in the KHL? He has no active contract so those players werent permitted to sign deals with outclauses

Jack de la Hoya 01-10-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 57414661)
Yep, 3 years leaves O'Reilly a RFA

And how can he get out of his contract in the KHL? He has no active contract so those players werent permitted to sign deals with outclauses

I believe that I read somewhere that there was some sort of provision put into to his KHL deal that allowed him to leave if he had a bigger NHL contract.

Which sounds a bit weird.

Prongo 01-10-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya (Post 57414537)
I haven't look it up yet, but a guess: three years leaves him RFA, while four makes him UFA?

Hmm actually completely forgot about that. I can see the AVS resistance then.

Krishna 01-10-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya (Post 57414723)
I believe that I read somewhere that there was some sort of provision put into to his KHL deal that allowed him to leave if he had a bigger NHL contract.

Which sounds a bit weird.

Yeah, when the news broke that's what was rumored but the KHL doesn't do outclauses for any reason sans the one they allowed for locked out players

flyersguy33* 01-11-2013 08:58 AM

looks like we will be in buffalo Sunday for a 1230 game on nbc

BackWithaVengeance 01-11-2013 01:14 PM

When exactly are the GM's allowed to negotiate with players or make trades?

Exactly in the moment when the players officially ratified the new CBA?

Beef Invictus 01-11-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance (Post 57443813)
When exactly are the GM's allowed to negotiate with players or make trades?

Exactly in the moment when the players officially ratified the new CBA?

I believe so. We're probably gonna see a lot of action in a short period. Remaining RFAs signed, probably one or two trades.

Has there been any word on the trade deadline?

BackWithaVengeance 01-11-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus (Post 57444449)
I believe so. We're probably gonna see a lot of action in a short period. Remaining RFAs signed, probably one or two trades.

Rumor has it, in the beginning of April.

Pretts sure read it somewhere.

Unfortunately, no link .

healthyscratch 01-11-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Nothing official, but hockey tweets been saying April 3rd for trade deadline.

SpectorsHockey
As per @Russostrib , looks like April 3 could be this season's #NHL trade deadline, though not officially confirmed yet.
11:40am - 11 Jan 13

Krishna 01-11-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

I thought I saw on TSN that the players asked for an April 3rd trade deadline but nothing was confirmed

Beef Invictus 01-11-2013 04:24 PM

Didn't know where else this should go:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...69583078_n.jpg

CS 01-11-2013 05:19 PM

Scott Hartnell became Yukon Cornelius. Now he has become Kenny Powers.

Krishna 01-12-2013 11:12 AM

Pat Leonard ‏@NYDNRangers
Leafs' fired GM Brian Burke on when he wants to get his next GM job in NHL: "Tomorrow if I can." #NHL

Krishna 01-12-2013 11:56 AM

Stephen Whyno ‏@SWhyno
#Caps to sign right wing Eric Fehr to 1-year, $600,000 contract: http://wtim.es/UZOGoe

MsWoof 01-12-2013 12:39 PM

I really don't understand why the Leafs would let Burke have a presser. They had to know he was seriously pissed off and he showed it by taking a few shots at new ownership. Also, he comment to Steve Simmons was worth the price of admission!

King Forsberg 01-12-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsWoof (Post 57479721)
I really don't understand why the Leafs would let Burke have a presser. They had to know he was seriously pissed off and he showed it by taking a few shots at new ownership. Also, he comment to Steve Simmons was worth the price of admission!

What'd he say?

MsWoof 01-12-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingForsberg (Post 57479899)
What'd he say?

Where to begin?

First of all, he recommended to MLSE that he stay on as an advisor and he meant for hockey ops. They agreed, then changed their mind and he's to be advisor to the board. They want separation between he and anything hockey related. He was pissed at that.

He wasn't (in his opinion) given a satisfactory answer as to why he was fired at this time. Kept telling the media to ask the people who fired him that question.

Said he hopes to go to an organization that doesn't get sold since he's 0/2 when an organization that's hired him is sold to someone else. It happened in Vancouver and now Toronto.

Said he is on the job market and if a GM job came up he'd take it tomorrow.

He kept going between complimenting and making veiled comments about ownership. The best was when Steve Simmons asked him a question (Simmons had written an article both in June of last year and a couple of days ago where everyone in the media was talking about Burke's erratic behaviour and that his marriage was on the rocks. No other reporter said this even though it sounds like it was common knowledge) and Burke said the best thing to come out of all of this was that he'd never have to speak with Simmons again. Classic!

Simmons has been tweeting since then saying they had a relationship for 25 years but on July 1/11 that ended. I am not sure what that date signifies. Have to do some looking around.

If you can watch video on tsn.ca I think the presser is there. I'm not sure if it works outside Canada.

Edit: From twitter...

steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve

If you do your job the way I try to do it, telling the truth, even when the truth is uncomfortable, you're going to upset people.

Jeff O'Neill ‏@odognine2

@simmonssteve telling the truth is one thing. Being a ********* is another. Your a *********. Period.