HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Free stuff for Hurricanes fans and/or STH (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1320883)

normalpsychology 01-11-2013 10:26 AM

Free stuff for Hurricanes fans and/or STH
 
Does anyone know what free stuff the Hurricanes are planning to do to win back the hearts of Hurricanes fans?

Gotta Catch Em Staal 01-11-2013 10:28 AM

Nothing announced yet. During his press conference yesterday, Jim Rutherford said they were "working on something" for opening week. He said the marketing department was working to come up with some things, and that they would "deal with the really disgruntled fans on an individual basis."

Sens1Canes2 01-11-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecowman (Post 57436355)
Does anyone know what free stuff the Hurricanes are planning to do to win back the hearts of Hurricanes fans?

Sounds like you're a real hockey fan! "Free coozy? Hell yeah I'll buy my season tickets back!"

normalpsychology 01-11-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens1Canes2 (Post 57437577)
Sounds like you're a real hockey fan! "Free coozy? Hell yeah I'll buy my season tickets back!"

I never got rid of them :naughty: but I plan on the milking the cow for what it's worth :P

TheBigKahuna 01-11-2013 11:51 AM

Ticket price increase was about all Jimmy promised.

Novacane 01-11-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Carolina Hurricanes says lost 7% of season ticket sales; also say will need to raise ticket prices to qualify for revenue sharing
https://twitter.com/EricOnSportsLaw/...90611362562048

Oh, GREAT!!! :rolleyes:

Back away from the cliff, Alex. Back away.

Quote:

@EricOnSportsLaw This is a misinterpretation of what Jim Rutherford said. The Hurricanes are not raising ticket prices.
https://twitter.com/MikeSundheim/sta...03037046874112

Gotta Catch Em Staal 01-11-2013 12:26 PM

Slightly out of context. He said in the future they will have to raise ticket prices to meet minimum revenue qualifier. It was a pretty dumb and pointless thing to say that will do nothing but infuriate people (at the worst possible time), because I think it goes without saying that ticket prices will rise over time.

Joe McGrath 01-11-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotta Catch Em Staal (Post 57441429)
Slightly out of context. He said in the future they will have to raise ticket prices to meet minimum revenue qualifier. It was a pretty dumb and pointless thing to say that will do nothing but infuriate people (at the worst possible time), because I think it goes without saying that ticket prices will rise over time.

At least this time they aren't BSing the fans and telling them the salary cap was going to bring down ticket prices.

tarheelhockey 01-11-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotta Catch Em Staal (Post 57441429)
Slightly out of context. He said in the future they will have to raise ticket prices to meet minimum revenue qualifier.

He said "at some point in time... not because of the new CBA, but because we haven't done it in five years".

Lots of ways to read that statement, but I take it to mean an increase is likely in the immediate future (ie, the plan is to make the playoffs and then raise prices).


He also clarified something we had been speculating about this summer:

"Going into the lockout, we had the most full season ticket holders that we've ever had."


And a little bit of detail as to where the STH cancellation numbers stood when we were discussing them a couple of months ago:

"In the early going of the lockout, the percentage [of STH cancellations] was very low. It was between 1 and 2 percent. As we got closer to the holiday season, then that number grew at that time [to 7%]... since it's been announced that there's a tentative deal, we've been selling a lot of season tickets."

impeach estaalo 01-11-2013 01:02 PM

I think the greediest people in this whole ordeal have been the fans, not owners or players. At least the players and owners are providing a product that millions of people want. Fans just want free stuff because their feelings were hurt. Get over it.

Guy 01-11-2013 01:03 PM

Not sure where the prices haven't gone up in 5 years junk is coming from, because mine (before I canceled them) jumped significantly from 2011-12 to this year. It was enough that I was already deciding whether or not I wanted to keep them even before the lockout started. The lockout was as good of an excuse as any to get rid of them, because as I saw it I was going to get priced out of them in a year or two anyway.

Sens1Canes2 01-11-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summer Ruutu (Post 57443237)
I think the greediest people in this whole ordeal have been the fans, not owners or players. At least the players and owners are providing a product that millions of people want. Fans just want free stuff because their feelings were hurt. Get over it.

I agree with this. I will say that I feel for the businesses that depend somewhat on the NHL actually having a season, although if that's the case you might want to diversify a little to avoid problems like this in the future.

But I have to say, I've seen more whining and complaining in the last few months to last a lifetime. And, one more rant from totalkev....which is always nice.

Novacane 01-11-2013 02:47 PM

I don't care if they give me anything. They don't have to win me back. But being a loyal consumer, they better not screw with my tickets this season (i.e. pricing which was already debunked and whether they mess with weekend/weekday games).

normalpsychology 01-11-2013 03:09 PM

For me the cost of season tickets is hardly worth it so that's why I'm going to get everything I can out of them.

The most ridiculous and greediest wants of fans I've heard is free jerseys for all on opening night, or a couple free games. The jersey one is pretty ridiculous so let's do a thought experiment with that. Let's say jerseys cost the organization 10 dollars each. That's $180,000 for 18,000 fans opening night. Pretty ridiculous. But I'd truly love to hear your explanation as to how fans are greedier than billionaires and millionaires arguing over their millions the profits they make from fans.. I could use a laugh. Please go on...


Quote:

Originally Posted by Sens1Canes2 (Post 57437577)
Sounds like you're a real hockey fan! "Free coozy? Hell yeah I'll buy my season tickets back!"

And you think you're a bigger hockey fan than me because I don't buy into sell outs only doing it for the money? Let me tell you something about the real love of hockey. It's playing in amateur leagues for the love of the sport and the camaraderie it brings. It's me coaching the local hockey team for the youth of the 1000 person town I grew up in. It's waking up every saturday in the winter and heading down to the local pond with a pack of lunch for you and your friends. That's real hockey. Pardon me if I'm not on your level of hockey love. What do you do? Buy season tickets for a bunch of sell outs and sit in the stands talking about how you're a real fan of the sport? GAB is that real hockey to you? Smh

garnetpalmetto 01-11-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecowman (Post 57449037)
For me the cost of season tickets is hardly worth it so that's why I'm going to get everything I can out of them.

The most ridiculous and greediest wants of fans I've heard is free jerseys for all on opening night, or a couple free games. The jersey one is pretty ridiculous so let's do a thought experiment with that. Let's say jerseys cost the organization 10 dollars each. That's $180,000 for 18,000 fans opening night. Pretty ridiculous. But I'd truly love to hear your explanation as to how fans are greedier than billionaires and millionaires arguing over their millions the profits they make from fans.. I could use a laugh. Please go on...




And you think you're a bigger hockey fan than me because I don't buy into sell outs only doing it for the money? Let me tell you something about the real love of hockey. It's playing in amateur leagues for the love of the sport and the camaraderie it brings. It's me coaching the local hockey team for the youth of the 1000 person town I grew up in. It's waking up every saturday in the winter and heading down to the local pond with a pack of lunch for you and your friends. That's real hockey. Pardon me if I'm not on your level of hockey love. What do you do? Buy season tickets for a bunch of sell outs and sit in the stands talking about how you're a real fan of the sport? GAB

Based on what MayorBee posted in a thread elsewhere they cost quite a bit more than that, and estimated losses per team would be in the millions. I tend to find him a fairly knowledgeable/sane poster, so, yeah. As much as I'd love a new third jersey...

normalpsychology 01-11-2013 03:22 PM

[QUOTE=garnetpalmetto;57449227]Based on what MayorBee posted in a thread elsewhere they cost quite a bit more than that, and estimated losses per team would be in the millions. I tend to find him a fairly knowledgeable/sane poster, so, yeah. As much as I'd love a new third jersey...[/QUOTEhow any

Can you legitimately name any fans who will cancel their tickets of they don't get a free jersey? Its one thing to wish or dream and another to actually have it as a real condition. Yet the players and ownwers just showed fans how much they love hockey. So much they were willing to cancel half a season for millions of dollars

halleJOKEL 01-11-2013 03:31 PM

I can't tell if this thread is supposed to be satire or not.

DaveG 01-11-2013 03:52 PM

We need the return of MeleeRay to know for sure.

halleJOKEL 01-11-2013 03:56 PM

And dinz. Maybe some mehta.

R.I.P.

tarheelhockey 01-11-2013 04:12 PM

Giving away "a jersey" to each fan is questionable. Giving away a $180 replica instead of a $50 long-sleeved tshirt with jersey graphics is insanity.

impeach estaalo 01-11-2013 04:19 PM

"Fans" should be put in quotation marks. It's obvious that a lot of "fans" are just Raleigh citizens who have done all the freeloading off the government and/or their parents that they can possibly do and now want to take advantage of Mr. Karmanos by pretending to be hockey fans. If 18,000 jerseys were to be given out, I'd look for at least 10,000 to end up on EBay, with the profits being used on meth, NASCAR memorabilia and shotguns.

garnetpalmetto 01-11-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summer Ruutu (Post 57452087)
"Fans" should be put in quotation marks. It's obvious that a lot of "fans" are just Raleigh citizens who have done all the freeloading off the government and/or their parents that they can possibly do and now want to take advantage of Mr. Karmanos by pretending to be hockey fans. If 18,000 jerseys were to be given out, I'd look for at least 10,000 to end up on EBay, with the profits being used on meth, NASCAR memorabilia and shotguns.

Clearly we know what you'd be buying with it. I imagine it takes much meth to keep up a troll for as long as you've let this one go on. :laugh:

WWAD 01-11-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto (Post 57452553)
Clearly we know what you'd be buying with it. I imagine it takes much meth to keep up a troll for as long as you've let this one go on. :laugh:

Buying it?!?

Who do you think their supplier is?

garnetpalmetto 01-11-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWAD (Post 57452837)
Buying it?!?

Who do you think their supplier is?

Got me there, WWAD! Who knew he was our own Walter White :laugh:

Anton Dubinchuk 01-11-2013 08:18 PM

I like this bluecowman guy.

One thing's for sure, he's a bigger hockey fan than Sens1Canes2... :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.