HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   News Article: Nieds to join Anaheim coaching staff (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1320931)

Gibson Les Palms 01-11-2013 12:55 PM

Nieds to join Anaheim coaching staff

http://ducks.ocregister.com/2013/01/...-staff/114378/

I like it!

Professor John Frink 01-11-2013 01:00 PM

Ducks defense just got that much better

DarthYenik 01-11-2013 01:02 PM

Now we know why he's been leading practices.

I love it...
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/...rAnimation.gif

jax00 01-11-2013 01:13 PM

So is he gonna be behind the bench?

DuckJet 01-11-2013 01:16 PM

Assistant coach Scott Niedermayer

:yo::handclap::thumbu::scared::clap::jump::banana: :win::cheers::hyper::highclap::vhappy:

EDIT: Yes he'll be behind the bench. Or not lol. I just assumed.

Finnpin 01-11-2013 01:21 PM

:handclap: this is great and I'm sure he will do well in his new career

DuckshaveaRPG 01-11-2013 01:24 PM

imo can only help, hopefully the d core can improve with scotty being there

Eddie Shack 01-11-2013 01:36 PM

Well, I like his expanded role but I kind of liked him as a consultant. As a consultant he was always available to help young players like Fowler and Sbisa and always would be. As a coach he will now end up getting fired at some point in time and we likely lose him forever. Is that perverted?

Fuzzy Bunny 01-11-2013 01:40 PM

Which coach moves up into the box, Lauer? Or do all 4 stand behind the bench for the game? Seems like that would be a tad crowded but I am not sure if or how many other teams have had 4 standing behind the bench. I know in Ottawa when they had 4 it was Luke Richardson who took a spot up in the booth and contacted with the bench through an ear piece.

RPGrizzly 01-11-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Shack (Post 57441869)
While I like his expanded role but I kind of liked him as a consultant. As a consultant he was always available to help young players like Fowler and Sbisa and always would be. As a coach he will now end up getting fired at some point in time and we likely lose him forever. Is that perverted?

No, I know where you're coming from. Nieds excels at everything he does though, so I look at it as he's more likely to get promoted to head coach and stay there for 20 years, than he is to get fired as an assistant :laugh:

It's great news really, his role with the team will is applied even more now and so is his influence. Fowler's mentor now standing over his shoulder all the time should make things a ton easier for him. Plus to have somebody like Scotty who everybody likes and respects leading them again, well I'm sure everybody is excited for that.

Ducks DVM 01-11-2013 02:13 PM

You can only have 3 total coaches on the benches, right? So who sits in the pressbox?

Markus078 01-11-2013 02:19 PM

So our assistant coach is younger than some of our players :shakehead

seriously, awesome move! Thanks Bob for doing it!

Gibson Les Palms 01-11-2013 02:21 PM

AnaheimDucks: Niedermayer says he will coach the team mostly at home at practices and watch the games from the press box. Won't join on road initially.

icemancometh: Niedermayer said he'll remain at home for practices and games but has invitation to join team on road trips.

snarktacular 01-11-2013 02:44 PM

Couldn't hurt the PP coaching. Then a again, I think a thousand monkeys with a thousand typewriters could type up a better gameplan.

It seems like he could be good as a positions coach. Sort of like in football. At least to start.

DarthYenik 01-11-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesus Teemu (Post 57444163)
AnaheimDucks: Niedermayer says he will coach the team mostly at home at practices and watch the games from the press box. Won't join on road initially.

icemancometh: Niedermayer said he'll remain at home for practices and games but has invitation to join team on road trips.

Now it sounds like he's not a coach at all.

JabbaJabba 01-11-2013 02:49 PM

Good news! Maybe Selšnne stays as a consultant too after he retires. Would be quite cool seeing Selšnne and Niedermayer hanging in the press box with suits on.

rollingdux 01-11-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthYenik (Post 57445367)
Now it sounds like he's not a coach at all.

To start off, I think it's fine.

DarthYenik 01-11-2013 03:08 PM

Scotty is going to be on KNX 1070 at 12:20. The first time I've turned my clock radio on since the last Ducks blackout game.

DuckJet 01-11-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JabbaJabba (Post 57445425)
Good news! Maybe Selšnne stays as a consultant too after he retires. Would be quite cool seeing Selšnne and Niedermayer hanging in the press box with suits on.

Teemu as Anaheim's powerplay co-ordinator

http://lgurt.com/joomla/images/fbfil..._homer_140.gif

Lord Flashheart 01-11-2013 04:03 PM

Still not worthy of Schultzbag's time, but otherwise great news. I guess things in Ducks org. aren't as rotten as some would lead you to believe.

Spicy Porkins 01-11-2013 04:13 PM

I want to give a big "yay" to this, but we don't really know if he's any good as a coach. Like Eddie said, it may be that I will have preferred him as a consultant rather than as a coach.

Having spent a ton of time under Lamaire can't have hurt, though.

JabbaJabba 01-11-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 57446779)
Teemu as Anaheim's powerplay co-ordinator

http://lgurt.com/joomla/images/fbfil..._homer_140.gif

Next step is to get Penner to be team's dietician.

Gibsons Finest 01-11-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damn Skippy (Post 57449223)
I want to give a big "yay" to this, but we don't really know if he's any good as a coach. Like Eddie said, it may be that I will have preferred him as a consultant rather than as a coach.

Having spent a ton of time under Lamaire can't have hurt, though.

Basically what he still is, by the sounds of it, but with the title of assistant coach, and being a bit more hands on with the big club. I definitely like it, especially with the young defensemen we have coming up.

DuckJet 01-11-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf (Post 57450137)
Basically what he still is, by the sounds of it, but with the title of assistant coach, and being a bit more hands on with the big club. I definitely like it, especially with the young defensemen we have coming up.

He said his focus would be on the younger players. Fowler in particular. Would like to see him work with Vatanen. Maybe teach him to balance his game out a bit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JabbaJabba (Post 57449699)
Next step is to get Penner to be team's dietician.

Bazinga.

2faded 01-12-2013 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf (Post 57450137)

Exactly. How much did he do as a consultant (actual curiosity)? Like you said, I think this is him doing basically the same thing but more often.

And your second point was going to be my second point. I feel like Scotty could mold our D prospects nicely considering the style of our top D prospects.