HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Hemsky to NJ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1321607)

Zippy316 01-12-2013 01:02 PM

Hemsky to NJ

Fourthperiod had a rumor that Devils are interested in Hemsky.

That being said, if the Devils add Hemsky, it'll likely be a deal centering out Tallinder or Volchenkov as none of the other defenseman will likely be moved.

That being said, Oilers fans, how much more would the Devils have to add onto Tallinder or Volchenkov, in your opinion? The only other guys that might be moved (although less probable than Tallinder) would be Greene or Fayne and preferably they both stay.

Hemsky for Tallinder/Volchenkov + ??????

Kershaw 01-12-2013 01:04 PM

Fayne for Hemsky. imo

Carlzner 01-12-2013 01:04 PM

Makes a lot of sense... Oilers need defense and Devils need wingers...

tycobb 01-12-2013 01:06 PM

No way the Devils trade Fayne for Hemsky.

hlaverty06 01-12-2013 01:07 PM

I'd be shocked if Lou traded Fayne for Hemsky

lakai17 01-12-2013 01:07 PM

Devils need a quality defenceman to give up first of all.

Devils Trap 01-12-2013 01:08 PM

Would most likely be Tallinder + or Volchenkov +

hlaverty06 01-12-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakai17 (Post 57480683)

They're all quality D, they're just not all superstars which you shouldn't expect to get for Hemsky

tycobb 01-12-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Tallinder is a quality 2nd pairing guy.

Fayne is 25 years old and may be our best defense-man. No way we trade a cheap young defenseman for a guy that hasn't been healthy in 4 years.

Paralyzer008 01-12-2013 01:11 PM

Not a rumor, just a suggestion.

The article suggested that Isles/Jets/Panthers/Devils COULD have an interest in a guy like Hemsky.

Joey Moss 01-12-2013 01:11 PM

I'm doubting Edmonton wants to trade Hemsky for anyone like Fayne or Tallinder.

Plus it's the FourthPeriod

Zippy316 01-12-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

If the Devils don't have quality defenseman, than I really feel for the Oilers. Don't give be this ******** about how Petry is so good either, Fayne>>>Petry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Moss (Post 57480805)
I'm doubting Edmonton wants to trade Hemsky for anyone like Fayne or Tallinder.

Plus it's the FourthPeriod

Tallinder is really underestimated here, and the trade is very probably in terms of needs and surpluses. Tallinder would be the third or fourth best Oilers defenseman, easy. Arguably the second best.

WeridAl 01-12-2013 01:13 PM

Pass on both, Volchenkov would not waive his NTC and the Oilers wouldn't want his contract. If anything NJ needs Volchenkov for the grit he supplies, and if anything they need to add more. Tallinder is too soft for what the Oilers need and there is a question on his health status. Is there a chance that the blood clots could come back and he also has had back problems.

Best hold on to Hemsky and see what he does and if he can stay healthy. If he remains healthy, NJ would have to add a lot. From the looks of things he Devils don't have anything they would be willing to trade that the Oilers would want.

Reign Nateo 01-12-2013 01:14 PM

Man look around the league past your own team people. Devils have quality defencemen that could net them Ales "IR" Hemsky.

Zippy316 01-12-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeridAl (Post 57480869)
Pass on both, Volchenkov would not waive his NTC and the Oilers wouldn't want his contract. If anything NJ needs Volchenkov for the grit he supplies, if anything they need to add more. Tallinder is too soft for what the Oilers need and there is a question on his health status. Is there a chance that the blood clots could come back and he also has had back problems.

Best hold on to Hemsky and see what he does and if he can stay healthy. If he remains healthy, NJ would have to add a lot. From the looks of things he Devils don't have anything they would be willing to trade that the Oilers would want.

Understandable, but Tallinder is really being underestimated here. Hypothetically speaking, what would the Devils have to add to Tallinder to make you do this deal.

Roof Daddy 01-12-2013 01:16 PM

It has been discussed on these boards for quite some time, but I personally don't see any reason to do the deal. I'm content with our D going into the season. I'd prefer to see if Hemmer can bounce back with a healthy season as well as if he can make the conversion to LW opposite Yak, or if we roll 3 balanced scoring lines of Hall-Gagner-Ebs, Jones-Nuge-Yak, Smyth-Horc-Hemsky. NJ had quite a bit of success last year with the same strategy (wasn't the Elias-Zubrus-Sykora line the 3rd line in the playoffs)?

Zippy316 01-12-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reign Nateo (Post 57480897)
Man look around the league past your own team people. Devils have quality defencemen that could net them Ales "IR" Hemsky.

It's probably the same people that will argue that Petry is better than every Devils defenseman. Devils defenseman have been getting overlooked since the days of Rafalski and Niedermayer, even though they constantly prove people wrong. If they are getting the job done, they have to be good, but people refuse to accept that.

JawandaPuck 01-12-2013 01:16 PM

Young Fayne's trade value is somewhat discounted due to him being eligible for UFA status in 1.5 years.

WeridAl 01-12-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zippy316 (Post 57480925)
Understandable, but Tallinder is really being underestimated here. Hypothetically speaking, what would the Devils have to add to Tallinder to make you do this deal.

Like I said the Devils don't have anything that they would be willing to trade and Tallinder is not a option.

Zippy316 01-12-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roof Daddy (Post 57480961)
It has been discussed on these boards for quite some time, but I personally don't see any reason to do the deal. I'm content with our D going into the season. I'd prefer to see if Hemmer can bounce back with a healthy season as well as if he can make the conversion to LW opposite Yak, or if we roll 3 balanced scoring lines of Hall-Gagner-Ebs, Jones-Nuge-Yak, Smyth-Horc-Hemsky. NJ had quite a bit of success last year with the same strategy (wasn't the Elias-Zubrus-Sykora line the 3rd line in the playoffs)?

Sykora-Elias-Zubrus was the second line for a majority of the season, the playoffs the lines changed constantly. They were the second line when together. The third line was usually something like Ponikarovski-Henrique-Clarkson.

oiler-dude 01-12-2013 01:18 PM

I see Tallinder only played 39 Regular Season and 3 Playoff games. Was he injured, or was he playing bad?

hlaverty06 01-12-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oiler-dude (Post 57481021)
I see Tallinder only played 39 Regular Season and 3 Playoff games. Was he injured, or was he playing bad?

Injured had a blood clot in his leg that went away and he came back for 3 games in the SCF and was devils best D in those games. He's a big dude and he's mobile.

tycobb 01-12-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roof Daddy (Post 57480961)

That was actually our 2nd line most of the season, but Sykora didn't dress for many playoff games.

Zippy316 01-12-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oiler-dude (Post 57481021)

He had some injury problems, but they were more freak injuries than anything. He got back spasms from like bending over and tying his shoe or something like that, and then soon after he came back from that, he had blood clot problems but stepped right into the SCF in Game 4.

Traitor Zach 01-12-2013 01:20 PM

As a Devils fan, I have very little interest in Ales Glass-ky.

Tallinder or Volchenkov is the type of comparable Oiler fans should expect in return regardless of the team on the other end.

No chance on earth does Mark Fayne get traded unless it's in a package for a Top 6 impact winger (which Hemsky is assuredly not). He pretty quietly became a stalwart last year for the Devils and was chewing up tons of minutes in all situations.