HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2013 WBS Penguins Thread | Streak snapped, Syracuse ties conference finals at 1-1 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1321877)

shureshot66 01-12-2013 10:00 PM

2013 WBS Penguins Thread | Streak snapped, Syracuse ties conference finals at 1-1

Just a hunch that this one won't fill up like the last two.

Anyways.

Pens beat Phantoms 2-1 without the services of Tangradi, Bennett, Megna, Despres, Strait and Bortuzzo, all of whom are scheduled to be in Pittsburgh for camp this week.

Thompson and Dumoulin with the goals. Thiessen gets the win in the cage.

Zen Arcade 01-12-2013 10:05 PM

In continuation from the last thread, I'm guessing Morrow was benched for his turnover in the second. Although, he did play at least one shift after that.

Crafton 01-12-2013 10:09 PM

Eric Politowski ‏@EricP55
Jayson Megna was nasty at camp today. NHL in 2 yrs

not sure i remember the credibility of this guy but it just popped up in my stream.

Stecz 01-12-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton (Post 57502135)

not sure i remember the credibility of this guy but it just popped up in my stream.

One of the Pensblog guys, I think. Read into that as you will.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 01-12-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

He always follows the Pens camps closely and gives a lot of informative updates. Great to hear Megna's making an impression.

Zen Arcade 01-12-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stecz (Post 57502525)

That would also be our very steelcityassault aka Eric Tangradi super fan.

Captain Hook 01-12-2013 10:21 PM

Morrow's just going through some growing pains as he adjusts to pro hockey and a new system etc. Not very worried yet. Hopefully he gets it figured out and turns things around sooner than later.

MrBurgundy 01-12-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

He is the poster steelcityassault from here and also runs the site bangbodies.com

Frankly I really question his hockey knowledge.

Ogrezilla 01-12-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen Arcade (Post 57502665)

ya he's the BangBodies.com guy, not Pensblog.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBurgundy (Post 57502725)
He is the poster steelcityassault from here and also runs the site bangbodies.com

I think he definitely has interesting opinions. loves his tough guys. follows WBS very closely though. Seems to know the prospects pretty well.

MrBurgundy 01-12-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogrezilla (Post 57502747)

He used to be a part of tPB doing the WilksBlog part.

He just always makes ridiculous predictions.

Ogrezilla 01-12-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBurgundy (Post 57502821)

oh gotcha. didn't know that.

Tasty Biscuits 01-12-2013 10:38 PM

Dumo racking up the points the last couple games.

Tasty Biscuits 01-12-2013 10:40 PM

Well Megna has been one of our better forwards when healthy, so it's not absurd to think he could make the NHL in a couple years, especially since it looks like he has the tools should translate to the pro game.

BeauKnows19 01-12-2013 10:42 PM

How come Thiessen has been starting so much? He's been doing pretty good so it's not a problem but is Zatkoff hurt or something?

Zen Arcade 01-12-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

He's got some quirky ideas and a lot of bias towards certain players (Tangradi, Veilleux), but he follows the prospects, especially WB/S very closely. I take some of his stuff with a grain of salt, but in general I think he's pretty good. His coverage of the Baby Pens for the Pensblog was the only decent part of the site while he was there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 57502667)
Morrow's just going through some growing pains as he adjusts to pro hockey and a new system etc. Not very worried yet. Hopefully he gets it figured out and turns things around sooner than later.

I'm not really happy if he was in fact benched for that turnover.

I like accountability, but only when it applies to everyone. If Ferriero, Reese or Dupuis made that play, they would've been right back out there. I know, because they've all made egregious mistakes and seen no decrease in playing time.

Morrow won't get better from sitting on the bench, and a lot of Hynes' decisions this year have been really iffy.

MrBurgundy 01-12-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen Arcade (Post 57504027)

I like accountability, but only when it applies to everyone. If Ferriero, Reese or Dupuis made that play, they would've been right back out there. I know, because they've all made egregious mistakes and seen no decrease in playing time.

Morrow won't get better from sitting on the bench, and a lot of Hynes' decisions this year have been really iffy.

Thats just par for the course with this organization. Accountability only matters if you're a young player. If you're a veteran, you get an infinite amount of leash.

MichiganWolverines 01-12-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

He's got some quirky ideas and a lot of bias towards certain players (Tangradi, Veilleux), but he follows the prospects, especially WB/S very closely. I take some of his stuff with a grain of salt, but in general I think he's pretty good. His coverage of the Baby Pens for the Pensblog was the only decent part of site while he was there.

I don't blame him. They are players who have size and skills. It's just sad that they haven't developed well.

Zen Arcade 01-12-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits (Post 57503839)
Well Megna has been one of our better forwards when healthy, so it's not absurd to think he could make the NHL in a couple years, especially since it looks like he has the tools should translate to the pro game.

Yeah, Megna's skating and stickhandling really stand out.

I loved the shootout goal he scored against Albany. It's pretty ballsy for a first year pro in his first shoot out ever to bust out the Datsyuk move.

Crafton 01-12-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stecz (Post 57502525)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen Arcade (Post 57502665)

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ogrezilla (Post 57502747)

I think he definitely has interesting opinions. loves his tough guys. follows WBS very closely though. Seems to know the prospects pretty well.

Quote:

He just always makes ridiculous predictions.

Quote:

He's got some quirky ideas and a lot of bias towards certain players (Tangradi, Veilleux), but he follows the prospects, especially WB/S very closely. I take some of his stuff with a grain of salt, but in general I think he's pretty good. His coverage of the Baby Pens for the Pensblog was the only decent part of the site while he was there.

good stuff team :laugh:

Zen Arcade 01-12-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBurgundy (Post 57504233)
Thats just par for the course with this organization. Accountability only matters if you're a young player. If you're a veteran, you get an infinite amount of leash.

It's kind of mind boggling to me that with all of defensemen in Wilkes-Barre, he has Ferriero playing the point on the powerplay. There's no reason to use a forward on the point with the way the team is constructed, unless they bring some great attribute like puck distribution or a huge shot, which he doesn't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines (Post 57504553)
I don't blame him. They are players who have size and skills. It's just sad that they haven't developed well.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I still get unreasonably optimistic about Veilleux staying healthy somehow.

Roo Mad Bro 01-12-2013 11:13 PM

Flyers fan here.

I was at the game. I thought Dumoulin played a solid game. Pretty smart player who makes the right play most of the time. Had a few turnovers in his own zone, but nothing too bad.

His goal was nice. Was off the rush and he was the trailer. Wrister right in the slot beat Munroe glove side clean. He also played 1st pair PP if I'm not mistaken.

Didn't notice Morrow all that much. Had some PP time but really didn't see him on the ice. Was keeping my eye open for him and Dumoulin considering both teams were relatively devoid of NHL-caliber prospects.

theicebox 01-12-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro (Post 57505971)
Flyers fan here.

I was at the game. I thought Dumoulin played a solid game. Pretty smart player who makes the right play most of the time. Had a few turnovers in his own zone, but nothing too bad.

His goal was nice. Was off the rush and he was the trailer. Wrister right in the slot beat Munroe glove side clean. He also played 1st pair PP if I'm not mistaken.

Didn't notice Morrow all that much. Had some PP time but really didn't see him on the ice. Was keeping my eye open for him and Dumoulin considering both teams were relatively devoid of NHL-caliber prospects.

Thank you for coming in peace my Pennsylvania brother.

Stecz 01-12-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Welp. Will retreat back into my 'I don't know anything' hole.

WBS seems to be struggling with identity. They conduct themselves like they have in previous years, when they have been in the upper echelons of AHL teams, favouring vets in a lot of situations. Now that they're struggling, I feel that they would be best suited to playing the younger guys and helping them develop as a Calder Cup run seems incredibly unlikely.

Darth Vitale 01-13-2013 12:13 AM

Great thread sub-title. :laugh:

Burgs 01-13-2013 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoPens70 (Post 57504009)
How come Thiessen has been starting so much? He's been doing pretty good so it's not a problem but is Zatkoff hurt or something?

Thiessen simply is the hot goalie right now while Zatkoff is on a 5 game losing streak. No big deal I think.