HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   News Article: Flyers plan week-long series of events to Flyer up hockey fans in the region (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1321991)

MiamiScreamingEagles 01-12-2013 10:49 PM

Flyers plan week-long series of events to Flyer up hockey fans in the region
 
Quote:

In an effort to say "thank you" to hockey fans, the Philadelphia Flyers will host a free, open-to-the-public practice at the Wells Fargo Center on Thursday, January 17 at 6 p.m. as part of a week-long series of events geared towards Flyer-ing Up hockey fans in the Greater Philadelphia Region.

We have the greatest fans in the world. This is our way of saying, 'thanks for your patience and understanding'. It will be great to get our fans back inside the Wells Fargo Center and get them ready for Flyers hockey," said Comcast Spectacor President Peter Luukko.

In addition, all team practices during Flyers Training Camp at the Virtua Center Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees, NJ, are free and open-to-the-public. Practice times vary from Sunday, January 13 through Friday, January 18. Times will be made available at philadelphiaflyers.com.

At the open practice at the Wells Fargo Center, which is being sponsored by Virtua, Flyers Broadcaster Steve Coates will emcee the practice, explaining player drills taking place on the ice and assist with interaction between players and fans during the free ticketed event.

The Flyer Up week also includes

Tuesday, January 15 at 12:15 p.m.
The Philadelphia Flyers Street Team will “Flyer Up” shoppers along Kings Highway in Haddonfield by leading, “Let’s Go Flyers” chants and distributing free T-shirts and cheer cards.

Wednesday, January 16 beginning at 11:30 p.m.
Ambassador of Flyers Hockey Bob “Hound” Kelly will host a Flyers School Assembly program and Pep Rally for students at Adair Elementary (1300 E Palmer St., Philadelphia, PA). Students who display the most “Flyer’d Up” classroom will receive a Papa John’s Pizza Party immediately following the pep rally.

Thursday, January 17 at 12:15 p.m.
The Philadelphia Flyers Street Team will “Flyer Up” the lunchtime crowd in Reading Terminal Market (51 North 12th Street Philadelphia, PA) by leading, “Let’s Go Flyers” chants and distributing free T-shirts and cheer cards.

Open Practice at the Wells Fargo Center at 6 p.m.

Friday, January 18 beginning at 8 p.m.
XFINITY Live! Philadelphia will host the WMMR Puck Drop Party from 8 p.m. until midnight featuring a live band and drink specials for all fans wearing orange and black. WMMR hosts will lead a Pep Rally at 9 p.m. which will include pre-taped message to fans attending the party from Max Talbot. MMaRmy will be on hand to lead contests with prizes including tickets to the Flyers home opener. Flyers Ice Girls will greet fans and lead t-shirt tosses during the party.

Saturday, January 19
The Philadelphia Flyers will host the Pittsburgh Penguins at the Wells Fargo Center in a nationally-televised game on NBC beginning at 3 p.m. All fans in attendance will receive a t-shirt courtesy of KIA and a schedule magnet courtesy of Toyota.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=650062

flyersguy33* 01-12-2013 10:55 PM

wow. that's what they are doing? that's pretty ****ing pathetic. what a bunch of crap. Wow! practice open to the public that's ****ing huge deal. cause like its not always open to the public any other time. truly embarrassing. I thought they were better than that. look at the other teams around the league and what they are doing. truly pathetic

MiamiScreamingEagles 01-12-2013 10:58 PM

The team's release says "Wednesday, January 16 beginning at 11:30 p.m." That probably should be a.m. unless it is some midnight thing.

flyersfan018 01-12-2013 11:00 PM

So.......nothing.

HartsyMania 01-12-2013 11:02 PM

Lmao, cancel half of the season and this is how they say "I'm sorry"

Oh well, winning a cup is apology enough for me. I'd settle for that.

Krishna 01-12-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dat sauce (Post 57507935)
wow. that's what they are doing? that's pretty ****ing pathetic. what a bunch of crap. Wow! practice open to the public that's ****ing huge deal. cause like its not always open to the public any other time. truly embarrassing. I thought they were better than that. look at the other teams around the league and what they are doing. truly pathetic

This is what happens when you in a region where your team is a guaranteed sell out every game

flyersguy33* 01-12-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 57508255)
This is what happens when you in a region where your team is a guaranteed sell out every game

pens giving half off food and merch. we'll give out free practice to the public....oh wait they already do that. sweet!

BringBackStevens 01-12-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dat sauce (Post 57507935)
wow. that's what they are doing? that's pretty ****ing pathetic. what a bunch of crap. Wow! practice open to the public that's ****ing huge deal. cause like its not always open to the public any other time. truly embarrassing. I thought they were better than that. look at the other teams around the league and what they are doing. truly pathetic

Cry about it. You aren't entitled to anything

flyersguy33* 01-12-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BringBackStevens (Post 57508739)
Cry about it. You aren't entitled to anything

thanks boss

GKJ 01-13-2013 12:07 AM

Flyers don't need to do anything. They gotta keep the interns busy though. What are you going to do, quit hockey? Someone else will take your spot. That's the hard truth.

Slowbro 01-13-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKJ (Post 57510537)
Flyers don't need to do anything. They gotta keep the interns busy though. What are you going to do, quit hockey? Someone else will take your spot. That's the hard truth.

is it? :laugh:

the NHL isn't in the greatest position to do anything that compromises their fans/exposure

IceDaddy 01-13-2013 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowbro (Post 57513767)
is it? :laugh:

the NHL isn't in the greatest position to do anything that compromises their fans/exposure


That is only a danger is the non traditional hockey markets. Philly is the same as Montreal, Toronto, NY. If you give up your seats, there will be a stampede of about 2000 guys wanting to buy them.

ToTheNet 01-13-2013 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dat sauce (Post 57508351)
pens giving half off food and merch. we'll give out free practice to the public....oh wait they already do that. sweet!

Actually the Pens are giving away FREE hot dogs, hamburgers and soda for their first 4 games and 50% of all merch.

BackWithaVengeance 01-13-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToTheNet (Post 57515633)
Actually the Pens are giving away FREE hot dogs, hamburgers and soda for their first 4 games and 50% of all merch.

Screw them. They're just worried the bandwagoners could walk away.

FlyersFan61290 01-13-2013 08:14 AM

I heard the Kings gave like 1 mil to city charities or something. I would much prefer that to what the Flyers and Pens are doing.

RJ8812* 01-13-2013 08:48 AM

.....Flyer up?

:facepalm:

i am dave 01-13-2013 09:28 AM

Why Haddonfield... on a Tuesday?

GKJ 01-13-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slowbro (Post 57513767)
is it? :laugh:

the NHL isn't in the greatest position to do anything that compromises their fans/exposure

RT @billmeltzer: No one has ever seen SkateZone this mobbed before, even during playoffs.


It's only an issue for teams who need the brownie points. Flyers aren't one of those teams. They grace you with their presence, not beg for attention.

Hockeypete49 01-13-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BringBackStevens (Post 57508739)
Cry about it. You aren't entitled to anything

Yep. I am just happy its Game On!

JVR21 01-13-2013 05:18 PM

Aren't there regularly open practices that are free? It's lame either way. I don't mind that they're not doing anything special to "win back the fans," but advertising it like they are pisses me off.

PALE PWNR 01-13-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JVR21 (Post 57547019)
Aren't there regularly open practices that are free? It's lame either way. I don't mind that they're not doing anything special to "win back the fans," but advertising it like they are pisses me off.

They are all free and you can just show up to any practice

Slowbro 01-13-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 57514457)
That is only a danger is the non traditional hockey markets. Philly is the same as Montreal, Toronto, NY. If you give up your seats, there will be a stampede of about 2000 guys wanting to buy them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKJ (Post 57519991)
RT @billmeltzer: No one has ever seen SkateZone this mobbed before, even during playoffs.


It's only an issue for teams who need the brownie points. Flyers aren't one of those teams. They grace you with their presence, not beg for attention.

does that make it okay though? the NHL is barely even accepted as a major sport in the US anymore. just because fans in major markets keep going back doesnt mean that lockouts should be something we accept as part of being a hockey fan.

Slowbro 01-13-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance (Post 57515655)
Screw them. They're just worried the bandwagoners could walk away.

and i love how when the penguins do something nice it is because they need to keep their bandwagon fans :laugh:

35NW8ING 01-13-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krishna (Post 57508255)
This is what happens when you in a region where your team is a guaranteed sell out every game

By tickets sold, yes. There were more than a handful of games where the building wasn't full the last few years.

flyersfan018 01-14-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceDaddy (Post 57514457)
That is only a danger is the non traditional hockey markets. Philly is the same as Montreal, Toronto, NY. If you give up your seats, there will be a stampede of about 2000 guys wanting to buy them.

Apparently not in Ottawa:

Quote:

Some teams around the league are offering incentives to try and bring paying customers back into the arenas, and the Senators are no different.

Among the offerings to the fans is free parking on opening night, free admission to kids 14 years of age and younger in four of the first 10 home games, $1 popcorn and pop in seven of the first 10 games and half price merchandise up until the end of opening night at home.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413457


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.