HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   GDT: Anaheim Ducks 12/13 Training camp (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1322105)

Kalvinators 01-13-2013 04:08 AM

Anaheim Ducks 12/13 Training camp
 

START: Sunday, 11:15 @ Honda Center (doors opened at 10:45). Visitors will get free parking and free hot-dog and soda
See more info HERE

About open spots, about scrimmages, etc - Bruce interview:
CAMP ROSTER:
Forwards: (#, Name, Ht, Wt, Shoots)
#7 - Andrew Cogliano, 5-10, 180, L
#8 - Teemu Selanne, 6-0, 200, R
#9 - Bobby Ryan, 6-1, 207, R
#10 - Corey Perry, 6-3, 210, R
#11 - Saku Koivu, 5-10, 180, L
#13 - Nick Bonino, 6-1, 186, L
#15 - Ryan Getzlaf, 6-4, 217, R
#25 - Brad Staubitz, 6-1, 215, R
#34 - Daniel Winnik, 6-2, 210, R
#39 - Mat Beleskey, 6-0, 204, L
#46 - Pierre-Luc Leblond, 6-2, 210, L
#51 - Kyle Palmieri, 5-11, 196, R
#62 - Patrick Maroon, 6-3, 231, L
#64 - Emerson Etem, 6-0, 202, L
#67 - Rickard Rakell, 6-1, 190, R
#74 - Peter Holland, 6-2, 192, L
#77 - Devante Smith-Pelly, 6-0, 213, R

Defensemen:
#2 - Nate Guenin, 6-3, 207, R
#4 - Cam Fowler, 6-1, 205, L
#5 - Luca Sbisa, 6-2, 207, L
#23 - Francois Beauchemin, 6-0, 204, L
#32 - Toni Lydman, 6-1, 208, L
#40 - Jordan Hendry, 6-0, 197, L
#44 - Sheldon Souray, 6-4, 237, L
#55 - Bryan Allen, 6-5, 226, L

Goaltenders:
#1 - Jonas Hiller, 6-2, 194, R
#30 - Viktor Fasth, 5-11, 191, L
#36 - John Gibson, 6-3, 217, L
#43 - Jeff Deslauriers, 6-4, 203, R

CAMP NOTES <-

PS
* Peter Holland have a birthday tomorrow, turns 22. See in camp roster
* 17 forwards, 8 defensemen and 4 goalies = 29 players overall
* Leblanc on Pro Tryout
* Only 4 players (Koivu, Palmieri, Cogliano, Fasth) under 6-0
* Exept Hendry (197), no defensemen are under 200 pounds (and 6-0)
* Number changes outside newcomers (2): Bonino #13 and Guenin #2
* Shoots/Catches: Forwards 9(R); 8(L). Defensemen 1(R); 7(L). Goalies 2(R); 2(L)

Lets get this Thing going!

AnaheimDucks90 01-13-2013 04:57 AM

No Brandon McMillan...he has fallen really hard over the last year.

Kalvinators 01-13-2013 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnaheimDucks90 (Post 57514871)
No Brandon McMillan...he has fallen really hard over the last year.

He`s currently out with an injury.

I really like him at his rookie season. Was one of the few bright spots that season

Paul4587 01-13-2013 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnaheimDucks90 (Post 57514871)
No Brandon McMillan...he has fallen really hard over the last year.

He fractured his forearm and doesn't look like he'll be back anytime soon.

DigitalSea 01-13-2013 06:01 AM

I thought Lindholm was confirmed for camp, as well as Vatenen?

quentez 01-13-2013 06:11 AM

I believe they're both injured.

Kalvinators 01-13-2013 08:15 AM

Both injured. I guess let them develop in the A this season.
Guenin and Hendry will take a spot if any injuries. Exept if Souray gets one again, i`d want to call up Vatanen.

AnaheimDucks90 01-13-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul4587 (Post 57515035)
He fractured his forearm and doesn't look like he'll be back anytime soon.

Oh, I didn't know it. :shakehead I hope he will come back and will play how he played in his rookie season.

Lord Flashheart 01-13-2013 10:03 AM

Looks like it's Maroon, Palmieri, Holland, Etem, DSP and Hendry.

Kalvinators 01-13-2013 10:22 AM

Saw that too Lord Flashheart, but Guenin isn`t on twitter, so i suppose he didn`t mention him.
Guenin dindn`t played last nigh.

Also with Guenin we`d have 8 defendensemen at camp, which would make more sense than 7. (better for scrimmage, and also better for fighting for that #7 spot, instead of just taking it, like Bruce said on the interview)

So i`m sure Guenin is called up too. We`ll see in the first practice. Anyone going?

Spicy Porkins 01-13-2013 10:52 AM

Very interesting. Boudreau lists Bonino, Getzlaf, and Koivu as our definite centers. And he lists 4th line center as being an open position (along with 3rd line wing, 4th line wing, and a defenseman's spot).

That means if Holland makes the team, he's either the 4th line center or he's on the wing.

RPGrizzly 01-13-2013 11:04 AM

rofl love Bruce interviews, thanks for that. Flat out says what we've all been saying/thinking "Where do we fit Cogs?" :handclap: Also says there are three constants at C- Getz, Koivu, Bonino. Holland was the only other center invited and BB was singing his praises so you've gotta think he has a pretty good chance of making the team out of camp. Let's get this going! :)

Kalvinators 01-13-2013 11:19 AM

Yeah, i`m starting to pencil in Holland as a 4th line guy. That was aslo in my first predicted roster, before i thought about Pelley. I doubt Holland looses the job to Rakell.

I think Beleskey is the other guy on 4th line to be penciled in. The right wing, most likely will be Staubitz/Smith-Pelly (who have a bad year). Anyway - a lot of youth there, which, hopefully will bring a lot of energy on the ice.

Gorgeous George 01-13-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damn Skippy (Post 57522157)
Very interesting. Boudreau lists Bonino, Getzlaf, and Koivu as our definite centers. And he lists 4th line center as being an open position (along with 3rd line wing, 4th line wing, and a defenseman's spot).

That means if Holland makes the team, he's either the 4th line center or he's on the wing.

Probably should send Holland back to the AHL if he does not crack the top three lines.

Kalvinators 01-13-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorgeous George (Post 57523481)
Probably should send Holland back to the AHL if he does not crack the top three lines.

I think that will not be the case. Bruce says that the 4th line spot is open, and the managment calls up Rakell and Holland - one of them will have to play that spot. It won`t be Rakell i can tell you that.
If the managment would like to get more suitable 4th line C, we would call up Pelley, not Holland. I guess we are going to see a 4th line differnet than we are used to. The one who actually plays some minutes.

If we look back, even Getz, Perry and Ryan started out on 4th line. When they prooved it, they moved up. It is also better because of the oppositons lines - you won`t face the top pairing D as often, as you would, playing on 1st line.
I still think Pelley should be at least called up, but the situation is what it is, now i`ll pay attention to Holly

DuckJet 01-13-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorgeous George (Post 57523481)
Probably should send Holland back to the AHL if he does not crack the top three lines.

Not necessarily. Firstly, Boudreau stated last season he wanted to roll 4 lines this year. His coaching style was less like Carlyle who overplayed the first line and more balanced ice time overall. Secondly, just cause Holland starts the year on the fourth line doesn't mean he'll finish there. That's where Getzlaf, Perry, and Ryan started their careers.

mighty all the way 01-13-2013 11:37 AM

Holland should be the 4th center to start out with, this isn't RC's system where the fourth line plays 4 minutes. He'll actually get some time playing just like Getz did in 2005-2006 and he was rewarded with more time through the powerplay and moving up in the line-up. I want Holland to see NHL time wherever he is in the line-up.

But anyways, I'm going to the practice, might be late, but I'll give notes on what I saw. First time giving scouting reports so take mine for a grain of salt later haha.

RPGrizzly 01-13-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gorgeous George (Post 57523481)
Probably should send Holland back to the AHL if he does not crack the top three lines.

I would agree, it only leaves us with 1 defensive center, but both Randy and Bruce have shown they feel comfortable with Getzlaf taking defensive faceoffs. Holland could theoretically play on a line with Winnik, with Winnik taking the draws then sliding back to wing with Holland taking over the center ice... Who knows, this team has a lot of options, I like to call it flexibility and you can look at it as a positive or negative thing. Either way, that's what we have on the table and everything depends on what Bruce is hungry for (ice cream?)

Remember Getz and Perry broke into the league as 20 year olds on the 4th line, same with Ryan, DSP. All highly touted rookies, each playing 11-12 minutes on the 4th line. If anything it would be normal for Holland-Palmieri to play 11 minutes a game on the 4th line. You have to establish yourself in the NHL somehow, get your feet wet, and I'd be more comfortable with Holland playing sheltered minutes this season and jumping to the 2-spot next season, rather than him eating up AHL minutes then being thrown into the spotlight next season.

Vipers31 01-13-2013 11:58 AM

There probably will be a ton of action on the waiver wire these days. Maybe there'll be something out there.

Kalvinators 01-13-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RPGrizzly (Post 57525343)
I would agree, it only leaves us with 1 defensive center, but both Randy and Bruce have shown they feel comfortable with Getzlaf taking defensive faceoffs. Holland could theoretically play on a line with Winnik, with Winnik taking the draws then sliding back to wing with Holland taking over the center ice... Who knows, this team has a lot of options, I like to call it flexibility and you can look at it as a positive or negative thing. Either way, that's what we have on the table and everything depends on what Bruce is hungry for (ice cream?)

Remember Getz and Perry broke into the league as 20 year olds on the 4th line, same with Ryan, DSP. All highly touted rookies, each playing 11-12 minutes on the 4th line. If anything it would be normal for Holland-Palmieri to play 11 minutes a game on the 4th line. You have to establish yourself in the NHL somehow, get your feet wet, and I'd be more comfortable with Holland playing sheltered minutes this season and jumping to the 2-spot next season, rather than him eating up AHL minutes then being thrown into the spotlight next season.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvdlodcjOH1qfe7uo.gif

kducks 01-13-2013 12:03 PM

Heading out to see the boys soon. Why does it have to be so cold out?

RPGrizzly 01-13-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalvinators (Post 57525825)

:laugh:

Kalvinators 01-13-2013 12:11 PM

Oh, the Ducks had that poll on website about favorite food at Honda Center. Hot Dogs won. Now they are offering one for everyone in the stands today. It`s not as good offer as Tampas, but it`s at least something, right?

Admiral Al 01-13-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBlueLinee (Post 57515195)
I thought Lindholm was confirmed for camp, as well as Vatenen?

Lindholm has a concussion (2nd one in two months, and Sami I hear has a possible broked ankle)

kducks 01-13-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalvinators (Post 57526501)
Oh, the Ducks had that poll on website about favorite food at Honda Center. Hot Dogs won. Now they are offering one for everyone in the stands today. It`s not as good offer as Tampas, but it`s at least something, right?

They supposedly have some ticket deals today too, so we'll see.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.