HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   2012 / 2013 Fantasy Hockey Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1322457)

Vaasa 01-13-2013 01:40 PM

2012 / 2013 Fantasy Hockey Talk

Since one has not been created yet (that I saw), please use this thread to discuss fantasy hockey for the 2012 / 2013 (lock-out shortened) hockey season.

All questions about starting a league, joining a league, possible rosters, fantasy trade scenarios, etc.

Mods to merge or nuke if there is an existing thread I missed.

Vaasa 01-13-2013 01:44 PM

I had an email asking if I was going to start up my usual fantasy league. I hadn't really planned on it since I haven't paid much attention to the NHL, but if there is enough interest (and you are SURE you will actively participate) I will. If you were in my league last year or the year before and want me to re-start it, PM me and if there is enough interest (at least 12 committed managers) I'll get it going.

I'll probably just carry forward the settings from last year, which were:

Roster Positions: C, C, C, C, LW, LW, LW, LW, RW, RW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shooting Percentage (SH%), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)

Goaltenders Stat Categories: Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Thanks

The Nemesis 01-13-2013 02:27 PM

The "official" HF Sharks league from last year is attempting to get started on time for this season, and I will be putting up a separate thread for it shortly since it's a much larger undertaking. But this thread can and should remain active for general fantasy discussion and leagues not related to those official leagues.

Thanks vaasa

JayP812 01-13-2013 02:38 PM

My league drafted last night, really happy with my team:

C Jonathan Toews
C Ryan Getzlaf
LW Ilya Kovalchuck
LW Loui Erikkson
RW Marian Hossa
RW Alexander Semin
W Nail Yakupov
F David Krejci
D PK Subban
D Brent Burns
D Christian Ehrhoff
D Brent Seabrook
Util David Perron
Util Ryan O'Reilly
G Jonathan Quick
G Evgeni Nabokov
BN Anders Lindback
BN Sven Baertsci
BN Dan Hamhuis
BN Tuomo Ruutu

Catagories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

What do you guys think?

vilpertti 01-13-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayP812 (Post 57536657)
BN Tuomo Ruutu

Probably done for the season.

KirbyDots 01-13-2013 03:36 PM

Thanks for starting the thread Vaasa! The fantasy advice I got here was invaluable when I won my league last season.

I'm curious as to who people think will be the top forwards this shortened season? My league might be a lot smaller this year due to the short notice, so I might end up with a much more stacked team. I'm not used to even the possibility of ending up with more than 1-2 top forwards.

Nighthock 01-13-2013 04:01 PM

what do I get for winning the "2nd best league" last year ... ?

do I get to beat the crap out of Shape this year? ;)

Oppa 01-13-2013 04:02 PM

nvm... wrong thread

drunksage 01-13-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayP812 (Post 57536657)
My league drafted last night, really happy with my team:

C Jonathan Toews
C Ryan Getzlaf
LW Ilya Kovalchuck
LW Loui Erikkson
RW Marian Hossa
RW Alexander Semin
W Nail Yakupov
F David Krejci
D PK Subban
D Brent Burns
D Christian Ehrhoff
D Brent Seabrook
Util David Perron
Util Ryan O'Reilly
G Jonathan Quick
G Evgeni Nabokov
BN Anders Lindback
BN Sven Baertsci
BN Dan Hamhuis
BN Tuomo Ruutu

Catagories: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

What do you guys think?

How many teams in this league? Harder to evaluate without know that key piece of info. However, I think you could've gone for another clear #1 goalie and there's questions surrounding some of your top picks. Kovalchuk apparently would prefer the KHL, Hossa is aging and coming off injury, and I could go on.

KirbyDots 01-18-2013 06:51 PM

My league is drafting in an hour, anybody got any sleepers? We do straight points.

nerdybeard 01-18-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirbyDots (Post 57810859)
My league is drafting in an hour, anybody got any sleepers? We do straight points.

Voracek will be top line with Giroux/Hartnell this year, Burrows should be with the Sedins, and PA Parenteau should be with Duchene which hopefully pans out well. I snagged Okposo late because he should be on the top line with Tavares.

JayP812 01-18-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunksage (Post 57558527)
How many teams in this league? Harder to evaluate without know that key piece of info. However, I think you could've gone for another clear #1 goalie and there's questions surrounding some of your top picks. Kovalchuk apparently would prefer the KHL, Hossa is aging and coming off injury, and I could go on.

12 teams. I took a lot of risks. Kovy and Hossa as you mentioned, the unsigned contracts of Subban and O'Reilly, and the injuries to Burns and Quick. Nabby is flew under-the-radar, he was solid in Nassau last year. Lindback is very boom-or-bust, hard to judge how well he will do in a starter's role after seeing so little time in Nashville. Replaced Ruutu with Clutterbuck to get some penalty minutes while not totally downgrading offense.

Shape 01-18-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthock (Post 57543049)
what do I get for winning the "2nd best league" last year ... ?

do I get to beat the crap out of Shape this year? ;)

Name dropper.

I do like you singled me out. *fills speshul*

Why don't you try and beat me TWICE? http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1325767

KirbyDots 01-19-2013 05:07 PM

I'm pretty happy with how my draft went, though I need to fill the last two spots though and wanted some opinions. My options are two of Parenteau, Kunitz, Filppula, Brunner, Callahan, Stepan, Hagelin, Kreider, Havlat( though I already have Jumbo and Pavs), Duchene, Bolland( who usually wouldn't be an option but is centering the hawks 2nd line), Skinner, Zajac, Erat, and Doan. Willing to take a risk for high reward. What do people think?

TheJuxtaposer 01-19-2013 05:16 PM

Personally I'd go Kunitz and Skinner. Duchene's an option. Erat, Zajac, and Stepan round out the group of people you should be considering IMHO.

drunksage 01-19-2013 06:23 PM

Duchene, Kunitz, possibly Callahan (should be playing on a top line). Zajac if he sticks on top line.

KirbyDots 01-19-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drunksage (Post 57873045)
Duchene, Kunitz, possibly Callahan (should be playing on a top line). Zajac if he sticks on top line.

I'm thinking this too, maybe add Skinner in the mix. Kunitz seems safe but not thrilling, Duchene had a terrible year last year and might be demoted if O'Reilly signs, Callahan seems to have benefited a ton from the new additions, and Zajac all depends on if he sticks to Kovy. Leaning Callahan... need more opinions.

KirbyDots 01-19-2013 09:49 PM

What are peoples opinions on Huberdeau? He's available and had a great first night, worth the risk?

Tkachuk4MVP 01-20-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirbyDots (Post 57908361)
What are peoples opinions on Huberdeau? He's available and had a great first night, worth the risk?

He did look great last night, and all indications are that he's going to have a great career. Who would you be replacing him with?

Shape 01-20-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Is it really a risk? If he doesn't pan out, drop him.

I'm always up for a potential waiver wire find. And you usually get them by jumping on early in the season.

rangerssharks414 01-20-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

I think he's going to have a good rookie year. It depends on how deep your league is and who you'd be cutting for him.

KirbyDots 01-20-2013 08:25 PM

Thanks for the advice guys!

KirbyDots 01-21-2013 12:17 AM

I'm in need of an extra goalie, only good ones left are Hiller and Lindback. Which one would be better this season?

Tkachuk4MVP 01-21-2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirbyDots (Post 57996759)
I'm in need of an extra goalie, only good ones left are Hiller and Lindback. Which one would be better this season?

Hiller, no question.

rangerssharks414 01-21-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KirbyDots (Post 57996759)

Hiller, not close